Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Kandahar

Genre: Action

Director: Ric Roman Waugh

Cast: Gerard Butler

Plot: Tom Harris, an undercover CIA operative working in the Middle East. An intelligence leak dangerously exposes his classified mission and reveals his covert identity. Stuck in the heart of hostile territory, Harris and his translator must fight their way out of the desert to an extraction point in Kandahar, Afghanistan, while eluding the elite special forces hunting them.

Just got out of this and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a well paced, entertaining action movie. Definitely recommend checking it out in theaters.

Can this be considered a 'twin movie' to Guy Ritchie's Covenant then?
Just based on story concept. :D

Can this be considered a 'twin movie' to Guy Ritchie's Covenant then?
Just based on story concept. :D

Yes and no, it definitely shares elements with Covenant but this is a very different movie significantly different narrative beats. Also, this was a more of a straight forward action film along the lines of Olympus has fallen and Covenant was a more grounded action thriller. Nevertheless, I guess it would be close enough to classify as a twin movie.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yes and no, it definitely shares elements with Covenant but this is a very different movie significantly different narrative beats. Also, this was a more of a straight forward action film along the lines of Olympus has fallen and Covenant was a more grounded action thriller. Nevertheless, I guess it would be close enough to classify as a twin movie.
Yeah, they seem very different, but Deep Impact and Armageddon were as well, most of them actually were.
I think Olympus and White House Down probably the closest to each other in that sense.

Reactions: jcm
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database