Kane and Lynch 2 Megathread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is an upcoming video game developed by IO Interactive, published by Eidos Interactive under Square Enix and will be released on PlayStation 3 in August 2010. It is the sequel to Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. On July 14, 2010, it was announced by IO Interactive that Kane & Lynch 2 would be releasing a week earlier than scheduled.

Announced in November 2009, the game is described as having a new visual style inspired by documentary films and user-generated content. According to the press release, "every aspect of the game has been designed to deliver a fresh perspective to the words 'intensity' and 'realism'."

A pair of teaser videos accompanying the announcement present game footage in a distorted surveillance camera perspective. Dog Days will be presented from Lynch's point of view, rather than Kane's like in the first game.

A playable singleplayer and multiplayer demo was released on the Playstation Network on July 21 2010.

KaneAndLynch2.png

Plot:

The game switches the lead in the series, putting players in control of "self-medicated psychopath" Lynch. The story begins with Lynch having found peace in Shanghai and attempting to "make a fat deal where the pay is beyond his wildest dreams and nothing is going to get in his way."

Gameplay:

Players in the campaign mode of Kane & Lynch 2 will take control of Lynch who is backed up by the previous series protagonist Kane. The online enabled cooperative mode will allow players to play as Kane. Unlike Dead Men, players will only be able to arm up two of any weapon they can grab from dead enemies and cannot be swapped between allies. The combat system has been modified from the original game. Players can now take cover through a button press as opposed to originally being automatic depending on stance. While still having regenerating health, players can get knocked down while being able to immediately get back up.

Multiplayer:

Fragile Alliance returns along with two new variant modes (Undercover Cop, Cops & Robbers). The returning mode still has a group of players attempting to grab as much money as possible while escaping police forces and possible traitors. Undercover Cop follows the same fashion while a randomly chosen player must prevent the team from escaping. Cops & Robbers has a group of player controlled police officers going against the criminals still planned to grab money and escape.

The end of each match will allow players to buy new weapons from their heist money.

There is also a single player variant called Arcade where players must accumulate as much money as possible for high scores while surviving increasingly difficult rounds.

Trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days

Today Square Enix confirmed the numerous rumors of a new Kane and Lynch game being developed. Sometime in 2010, Square Enix and IO Interactive will release Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days. Below are two trailers to wet your appetite until more information for the game is release. Also below is the full press release.

Wednesday 18th November/…IO Interactive, part of Square Enix Europe is pleased to confirm that Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days is coming to PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC in 2010.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is a raw and brutal crime shooter designed to take players on an even more intense story experience, following two of gaming’s most disturbed criminals, through the gritty Shanghai underworld.

Introducing a new visual experience, Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days is inspired by documentary filmmakers and the user-generated era. Every aspect of the game has been designed to deliver a fresh perspective to the words ‘intensity’ and ‘realism’ in video games.

“Gamers are always looking for something new and that is exactly what they are going to get with Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days,” said Niels Jørgensen, general manager of IO Interactive. “A special thanks to gamers worldwide for their feedback. They are certainly in for a shock as we, with immense pride, welcome back our two dear, violent and somewhat unfortunate friends.”

Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days will be released on the EIDOS games label and will be coming in 2010.

Please visit www.KaneandLynch.com for updates

[VD]http://www.viddler.com/player/2497fc6/[/VD]

[VD]http://www.viddler.com/player/3f22f1ed/[/VD]

kl2_ps3_eu-258x300.jpg

On top of news that Kane & Lynch is set to implement Online Co-op, the AI has also received an overhaul with Karsten Lund, Game Director for the title, describing that “The enemies are a lot more co-ordinated in the way they are trying to out-smart you. They do a lot more violent movement and flank you.”

Such aggressive tactics will be entirely welcome after experiences within the first title, yet Kane & Lynch 2 is also set to adopt a new ‘Down Not Dead’ mechanic. This will mean that if you take a fatal hit, instead of being immediately greeted by the ‘Game Over’ screen you will fall to the ground and be able to claw your way across the floor with one hand, whilst still being able to fire back at enemies with the other. You will have a period in which you can recover from your wound, but take another shot and death will be upon you – meaning that this new mechanic neccessitates crawling for cover rather than desperation killing!

Mads Prahm, Producer for the game, explains “What we’re trying to do is make it as intensive as possible. It’s dangerous to get shot and there needs to be a punishment for that. The Down Not Dead system gives you a second chance, but keeps the intensity high without forcing you to replay.”

It certainly sounds like a welcome addition, but what do you think?

Source: Playstation Official Magazine – UK

I thought the first game was decent, hopefully this one is better though. :)

I played the demo, but that's about it. It was pretty entertaining though. A lot of people said it was horrible, but I didn't think the game play was too bad, can't comment on the story line though.

i returned the first game for Uncharted thank god,i heard the reviews and game is buggy as hell,you couldn't even hide behind a wall at times and you would be sitting behind a invisible wall getting shot up

Kane & Lynch 2 Dev Diary Gives The Retail Game's Cameraman A Second Chance

If you were to look up "dev diary" in the "Games Industry Book of Terms," a book that I just created, trademarked and published in my imaginary world of rainbows, unicorns and chocolate rivers - a la, my head - you'd find a description that portrays a laid back video piece, that focuses on the opinions of the dev team.

IO Interactive with their latest dev diary pretty much told me to stick conventional practices up my ass, as rather than being a laid back and informative affair, it actually makes you feel motion sick, uses random (and quick) transitions to numb the mind and gives you a monster of a headache... much like the game's camera itself. If that was their intention, touché.

I would love to sit here and tell you what they talk about, but after watching it I've spent the last 11 minutes arched over my toilet, necking paracetamol like it's going out of fashion.

In other news, the Games Industry Book of Terms is on sale now in all good book stores for £9,999. If you want to look up the real-life meanings to words like visceral, accessible, hype, and all the other fun words we hear 1,000 times a day, go buy it. All proceeds go towards my yacht fund.

Now, grab a sick bucket and sit back and watch the first of 3 upcoming dev diaries... oh, and 3 CCTV clips that tell you pretty much nothing.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days 'Doggie Bag' DLC On the Way

Square Enix has just sent us though a press release, detailing three new packs of DLC for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, coming very soon to the PlayStation Network.

Here are the three Kane & Lynch 2 DLC packs detailed:

Doggie Bag Pack - €5.99/$5.99

Take on new heists and unlock new Achievement points with two never before seen maps and five exclusive weapons for Multiplayer and Arcade modes. Dockyard and High Rise maps, plus the Radio Tower map (previously available through pre-order offers) provide new opportunity to increase your wealth. And with the inclusion of five new weapons, including the DD 33, KL Viper, RTS, SMi 69, and the TOQ Model Four S the odds are in your favor of pulling off a successful heist.

Alliance Weapons Pack - €2.99/$2.99

Increase your weapons arsenal with seven powerful new weapons for all Multiplayer modes and Arcade mode. A mix of handguns, shotguns and assault rifles the new weapons include: Doretta Silenced, Steele 870, TOQ SBR, Kaliningrad 47, PAC 10 silenced, N 77P Silenced, TOQ Elite. (Weapons previously available through pre-order).

Multiplayer Mask Pack - €1.99/$1.99

Conceal your identity and avoid revenge attacks with 8 costume masks stolen from a Chinese gift shop, for all Multiplayer modes and Arcade mode. You never want to be identified, especially if you are a traitor! (Masks previously available through pre-order).