Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 15th, 2016
Purchase link: Kiki's Delivery Service (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11221369-5414352161937604.JPG

11221369-1244352161873698.JPG

Last edited:
Should be interesting to see if this matches up with the current steels or if they do their own thing.

Fantastic news mentioned the desire for this earlier very pleased and definitely going to purchase thank you Zavvi but please do give us something special in artwork and quality of the steelbook...

nothing else. you pretty much had it with myriad love:drool.

:rofl:
;)

Now we just need the others too, the most important being his masterpieces Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Laputa. Laputa is my favourite movie ever, so I really do want it as a steelbook edition too...

;)

Now we just need the others too, the most important being his masterpieces Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Laputa. Laputa is my favourite movie ever, so I really do want it as a steelbook edition too...

Yes, want all those. Also, be great if we got The Wind Rises - Miyazaki is very proud of that one in particular. and what about his short films? Be great to get those added in as bonus features on the remaining titles.

By a different team, but would also really like a steel of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - adore that film

Yes, want all those. Also, be great if we got The Wind Rises - Miyazaki is very proud of that one in particular. and what about his short films? Be great to get those added in as bonus features on the remaining titles.

By a different team, but would also really like a steel of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - adore that film
Yes, short movies would be a really great extra... Actually The Wind Rises is the only movie from Miyazaki I can't stand. It's horrible.Good that some people like it, but I can't. That truly broke my heart, as he is my favourite director. Well, most of directors have their mistakes.

Yes, short movies would be a really great extra... Actually The Wind Rises is the only movie from Miyazaki I can't stand. It's horrible.Good that some people like it, but I can't. That truly broke my heart, as he is my favourite director. Well, most of directors have their mistakes.

Well, The Wind Rises is a film close to Miyazaki's heart, and for me it is a good film. That said, if we all liked the same things in life it would be an utterly miserable, not to mention predictable existence.

Really do want to see the short films make it to Blu ray though, would be a pity to see them cast aside as there are some little gems in there that rank aside some of Disney's shorts which are now, sadly mosly confined to history. For instance, when was the last time anyone could buy a copy of Steamboat Willie? - last ones I know of were on the 8mm format!

addendum - Just to clarify: Of course Miyazaki's shorts are significantly more sophisticated than the much earlier Disneys - but their singificance is right up there.

Well, The Wind Rises is a film close to Miyazaki's heart, and for me it is a good film. That said, if we all liked the same things in life it would be an utterly miserable, not to mention predictable existence.

Really do want to see the short films make it to Blu ray though, would be a pity to see them cast aside as there are some little gems in there that rank aside some of Disney's shorts which are now, sadly mosly confined to history. For instance, when was the last time anyone could buy a copy of Steamboat Willie? - last ones I know of were on the 8mm format!

addendum - Just to clarify: Of course Miyazaki's shorts are significantly more sophisticated than the much earlier Disneys - but their singificance is right up there.

aren't those disney shorts (and others) released in walt disney treasures series dvds ( like mickey mouse black and white) - google it.

MickeyBWFrame.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: JackRegan
I love Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki, but I couldn't stand the fact that for such vividly colourful films the Steelbook's were bare silver and passed them up, I'm not looking for an argument here as I know a lot of people are quite fond of them and that's cool, so I'll properly miss all these releases on that basis, I can be a picky sod, I know.

Reactions: Last Lizard