Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Killers of the Flower Moon

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Martin Scorsese

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Lily Gladstone

Plot: The true crime story about multiple murders of members of the Osage Indian tribe in Oklahoma that occurred after they found oil on their lands.

killers_of_the_flower_moon_ver3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: NateDog
Anyone seen it yet? Have mixed feelings on it, I thought it was decent but not much more than that. I get changing the narrative focus to Burkhart instead of White but I actually don't think it really served the plot too well, and for something that was 3.5hrs long I felt like it quite often glossed over certain events and rushed through them and it felt to me like it didn't fully get a grasp on the pure horror of what happened. Didn't like the ending much either (and I've seen lots of people saying it was amazing). I do think I'll need to see it again to fully digest it, not sure I'll get the time though. For what it's worth I saw it with my brother in law (who hasn't read the book) and he was disappointed by it too. Lily Gladstone was superb though, although I wish we got to see more of her.

Reactions: snow flake
Saw it last night and agree I didn’t fully appreciate the horror about what happened until I got home and read more about it. Gladstone was excellent as was the rest of the cast but the ending seemed a bit out there and jarring

Reactions: NateDog