Killzone 2 Megathread - New DLC Coming (Map Pack 3!!!) - Patch As Well!!!!

Jan 29, 2009
k2.jpg

Killzone 2 is an upcoming science fiction first-person shooter for the PlayStation 3, currently in development by Guerrilla Games and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the third installment in the Killzone franchise that began on the PlayStation 2 with Killzone and was continued with Killzone: Liberation on the PlayStation Portable. First announced at E3 2005 in Los Angeles, California,[5] Killzone 2 is due for release in February 2009.

Killzone 2 follows the events of Killzone and Killzone: Liberation, and will take place entirely on the planet Helghan, the home-world of the Helghast, who invaded an Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) colony. Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA has launched an assault on the enemy's home world of Helghan. The ISA goal is to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Scolar Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Players assume the role of Sergeant Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, a battle-hardened veteran of the special forces unit known as "The Legion", who go on a mission to take out the Helghast threat.

During the invasion of Helghan, Sev's unit is deployed behind enemy lines to assist the main invasion force. Tasked with securing the enemy capital of Pyrrhus, the team quickly discovers that the Helghast are a more formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to Helghan's hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power they can now use against the ISA - the very planet on which they live. A barren, unforgiving world, Helghan provides a ready defense with thick, acidic air, dust clouds, and violent surgical lightning storms. Sev discovers his squad is not just fighting enemy forces – their fiercest opponent may be the planet itself

OFFICIAL BOX ART: KILLZONE.COM
killzonebox.jpg

KILLZONE 2 SCREENSHOTS
killzone1.jpg

killzone3.jpg

killzone2.jpg

killzone6.jpg

killzone4.jpg

killzone5.jpg

killzone8.jpg

killzone7.jpg

killzone10.jpg

killzone9.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014059684_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014106387_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20080901052325267_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055117890_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055122390_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081203111753822_640w.jpg

80 GB EURO PACK
80gbpack.jpg

user_184_killzone2_banner_.jpg

Killzone 2 - Superbowl Commercial *Probably a spoof*
Click Here

Killzone Biography - Getting You Up To Speed Story Wise
Click Here

Killzone 2 - HD Video Blowout "The Weapons Of Killzone 2"
Click Here

Last edited:
man, we are all a bunch of bums. It really is almost like a Blu-Clan national holiday. Feb-27: The day we all call in sick.:D

I submitted the request. I better get it or I'll be pissed :mad: They said it's on a closeout friday so they'll have to get back to me about it and let me know. It makes me mad cause other people as well as I have taken a day off on a closeout friday before. Plus I still have one vacation day rolled over from last year. So I'm trying to use my vacation and they're hesitant to give it, but complain when I roll over too much vacation. :rolleyes: Oh well, if they deny it, I'll call in sick. LOL :D

Can you take in-game screenshots, upload videos, use custom music etc?

Multiplayer will let you play music from the XMB, no screenshot ability etc on release, might patch it in.

gamersdigest.net/753/killzone-2-developer-qa-part-1/

Last edited:
I've been working lots of hours this week and last did too so I talked to my boss and I got some compensation time to take off on the 2th baby!! :)

Recruit

Let your girlfriend play this one, or your mom. Anyone caught playing this for any other reason than seeing if he can get through it blind-folded needs a open-handed slap.

Trooper

If you are new to FPSs, or haven’t played one since Doom, then you might want to start here. Will provide a challenge in places.

Veteran

Now we’re talking. This is your first playthrough. Hop to it soldier.

Elite

(unlocked by completing the game once on any difficulty)

We up the anty a bit and remove your HUD and crosshair. Try that on for size, but don’t come crying to me if the big bad men with the orange goggles take you out back for a proper slapping.