Killzone 3

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
13785.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0K6DG/?tag=hidefnin-20

VIDEOS
Co-Op Trailer:

<object classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/2dbad1ea" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/2dbad1ea" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

Story Trailer

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKabKVjT1Lw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKabKVjT1Lw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Helghast Edition
5120817577_08c707415c_z.jpg

The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition ($129.99) is a must-have for the fans. This one-of-a-kind set features a collectible replica of a Helghast Helmet containing an art book, Super Voucher (see below for contents) and the Killzone 3 game with bonus content. Also included is an exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure created by DC Unlimited, that will not be sold anywhere else.

Killzone 3 will be available in North America on February 22, 2011 for $59.99 and the Helghast Edition will be available on the same date for $129.99. Pre-order today!

Features:

• Authentic Helghast Helmet replica opens to reveal art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points and will not be sold at retail
  • Includes bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher includes:
    1. Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
    2. Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
    3. Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    4. Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay

Download packs are also available separately if you’d rather pre-order the standard edition Killzone 3 at one of the proceeding retailers.
Pre-order Bonuses:
GameStop - Guerrilla Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a GameStop Exclusive PSN code unlocking all multiplayer weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay giving you a temporary edge in the online battlefield. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Best Buy - Fast Starter Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a Best Buy Exclusive PSN code allowing you to rank up faster, as you earn XP at double the normal rate for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack.

Amazon - Unlock and Load Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an Amazon.com Exclusive PSN code and get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice such as the Marksman’s Sniper Rifle and get the early edge in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack.

Other Rarticipating Retailers - Retro Map Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an exclusive PSN code giving you the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Also receive an exclusive PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to pick up the game tomorrow!!!! I'm gonna grab it during my lunch hour at work.

In preparation, I just ordered a new toy for my PS3:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SGG6A2/?tag=hidefnin-20

It allows me to use a 360 controller (waaaay better in my humble opinion) and it gives the ability to swap ANY of the buttons on the controller. Yay custom control schemes!

hopefully it will get here tomorrow. Else I will have to wait until wednesday...

This is DeLeeuw by the way...I should have just made my hidefninja name my PSN name.

-Adam

Can't wait to pick up the game tomorrow!!!! I'm gonna grab it during my lunch hour at work.

In preparation, I just ordered a new toy for my PS3:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SGG6A2/?tag=hidefnin-20

It allows me to use a 360 controller (waaaay better in my humble opinion) and it gives the ability to swap ANY of the buttons on the controller. Yay custom control schemes!

hopefully it will get here tomorrow. Else I will have to wait until wednesday...

This is DeLeeuw by the way...I should have just made my hidefninja name my PSN name.

-Adam

just change it. unless you dont want to lose your mega count of posts :hilarious:

...hippie....

New patch out to welcome you to the game

When you boot up Killzone 3 later this midnight, a new patch will be pushed into your console, allowing you to download a patch that will open up the servers and add a new “option” on the game.

The patch that you will download is roughly 40MB and should take a couple of seconds. Following the patch, a “Downloadable Content” option will be available on the main menu. After the successful launch of the Killzone 3 beta, Guerrilla made sure that everything is set in time for tonight’s release. Are you ready to wage war with the Helghans?

You could have actually done it.

anyways, done.

deleeuw is now activated and has blu-clan access.

Something a bit unrelated but is it standard now to have the initial post on the top of every page? Am I the only one who finds this kind of annoying?

Something a bit unrelated but is it standard now to have the initial post on the top of every page? Am I the only one who finds this kind of annoying?

Wreck just added that. It allows for people to actually read the OP without clicking the first link. Very helpful with what Jef has done with OP's. We can put everything in the OP now without people reposting it.

I think it is a great idea, it'll grow on ya.

Yea, that makes sense I guess but it's just a pretty long post to have to scroll through on every page. But like you said, it may grow on me.

Yea, that makes sense I guess but it's just a pretty long post to have to scroll through on every page. But like you said, it may grow on me.

That could be the only downfall, we may have to look into just putting the most important info in the OP and using a secondary post to hold the extra stuff to keep it down. We will see what happens.

That could be the only downfall, we may have to look into just putting the most important info in the OP and using a secondary post to hold the extra stuff to keep it down. We will see what happens.

Or if you could insert a hyperlink that when clicked it would take you down the page just patch the OP.

I'm saying this with no knowledge of whether or not that is even possible :dunno:

New Trophies

In addition to the fifty two trophies that we are all familiar with in Killzone 3, seven new trophies were added today in preparation for tomorrow’s release of Killzone 3′s first DLC, the Retro Map Pack.

For gamers who will be getting the Helghast Edition, a Retro Map Pack DLC code will be included while others will have to wait for it to appear on the PlayStation Store tomorrow. By purchasing or downloading the DLC tomorrow, players will be able to get seven more new trophies. From fifty two original trophies, players will now able to get up to fifty nine!

Below are the new trophies that players can expect in getting:
Bronze

Brutal Footsteps – Silent Killing
With Silent Footsteps skill active, Brutal Melee an enemy player
Silver

Demolotionist – Destroy Objectives
Demolish both buildings by winning Search & Destroy as ISA and Helghast in Salamun Market.

Tactical Master – Help capture Tactical Spawn Areas
Be playing at the moment your faction secures all four Tactical Spawn areas simultaneously in Salamun Market.

Death by Proxies – Proximity Mine Kills
Using Proximity Mines, kill two enemies within one minute in Blood Gracth

Blood Streak – Kill Streak
Get 5 Kill Streak in Blood Gracth

Little Big Weapons – Kill with secondary weapons
Get 15 kills using secondary weapons in a single match

Automata for the People – Automata destruction
Destroy an enemy Sentry Turret, Sentry Drone, and Medi-Droid in the same round

Mods have been told to edit posts sizes by use of spoilers and such over time while browsing. So in due time, there wont be as many long OPs. If it gets real bad, I may make a thread where everyone can simply just post the threads that need work and I'll work on that list. Infamous 2 is an example of how I sized it down. Though I do like the idea of having the 2nd post have the bulk of the info.