King Kong (2005) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Jul 5, 2013
Oxford, UK
Release date: April 15, 2019
Purchase links: Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £24.99 £14.99 (Zoom)

8318415_1.jpg

8318463_2.jpg

8318463_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Was wondering when and where this Steel would turn up which was showcased in the FilmArena King Kong a lil while ago. Its starting to grow on me even with the missing title but not completely sold on it just yet as I do really like my original glossy Zavvi Steelbook.

Nice art. Think I prefer it to the one released a few years ago.

I also assume this is the one EB will use

Nice art. Think I prefer it to the one released a few years ago.

I also assume this is the one EB will use

I actually think the last release was one of those rare occasions where they really nailed it already - crisp, colourful art and a nice gloss finish. With that in mind a re-release seems pretty pointless to me when there are so many titles with "meh" art or no steelbook at all. As for the 4K disc, I really couldn't give a fig - but if I did I'd just pop a separate 4k purchase into the original steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I actually think the last release was one of those rare occasions where they really nailed it already - crisp, colourful art and a nice gloss finish. With that in mind a re-release seems pretty pointless to me when there are so many titles with "meh" art or no steelbook at all. As for the 4K disc, I really couldn't give a fig - but if I did I'd just pop a separate 4k purchase into the original steelbook.
That's what I've already done, so no interest in this release at all. The 4K Amaray release also came with the bonus blu-ray disc, which I see IS being included this time. So I got that as well and passed on the 4K Amaray with just the spare blu-ray copy of the film in it. My one-disc blu-ray Steelbook now contains 3 discs - the 4K, blu-ray and bonus disc! :)

OK, so it was one of the original posters ...
1547729700674.png

but still seems to me more suited to the back cover and together with the unnecessarily b&w inside art - the great (symbolic) sunset image looking so much better in colour ...
1547730014548.png

... consequently don't find this steelbook as desirable as it could/should have been.

Used as a cover on an Amazon exclusive DVD back in 2006 (where you can see the space left for the title)... if an artist is told to leave space I think they should put a title on, if it is meant as a plain 'arty' cover with no title tell the artist so they don't leave space... however I must admit I like it!

KK-DVD.jpg

Reactions: willbar84