Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Czech Republic]

Oct 20, 2011
Kiev, Ukraine
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray Steelbook) [CZ]

film_20499_1.jpg

Release date: October 29, 2014.
Price:

http://www.filmarena.cz/blu-ray-kralovstvi-nebeske-sberatelska-limitovana-edice

The artwork is awesome but Fox will probably find a way to ruin it like they usually do. Maybe they'll go for some Planet of the Apes style embossing on the title, give it a shoddy matte finish where the artwork disappears or just some low resolution artwork on the back.

I'll wait for actual pictures before deciding if I need this (or rather the inevitable UK version).

IIRC, this new Ultimate Edition will contain 3 cuts of the film

Theatrical Cut
Director's Cut (same as current BD)
Roadshow Edition (same director's cut as features on the 4 disc DVD with entr'acte, Intermission and Exit music)

It will also feature all the bonus features from both 2 and 4 disc DVD editions

I already have the German Steelbook but I'll definitely be double dipping. Different artwork plus 3 different cuts of the movie!

Hopefully, this will be a widely released Steelbook, especially as it's the 10th anniversary of the film's release.

So I guess when they heard HDzeta was coming out with this, They went ahead and announced it first to generate sales for this release.Great move indeed.If they would've waited afterwards,this would've been close to a "zero sales" campaign in the end.This was very smart if this is indeed the release that HDzeta will be announcing in the near future.

So I guess when they heard HDzeta was coming out with this, They went ahead and announced it first to generate sales for this release.Great move indeed.If they would've waited afterwards,this would've been close to a "zero sales" campaign in the end.This was very smart if this is indeed the release that HDzeta will be announcing in the near future.

I see where you're coming from but with the 10th anniversary looming, there was always a strong possibility that Fox would re-release it, especially since the first Blu-ray release was a bare bones affair, with none of the substantial extras found on the two DVD editions included, and the movie shorn of its musical bookends, not to mention Ridley Scott's introduction.

Given the surfeit of Steelbook and FuturePak releases from Fox this year, they clearly know they're on to a good thing, so I would expect this new edition to be widely released. Since HDzeta cater primarily for a niche market, I doubt that an HDzeta release would have much impact on Fox's worldwide sales, given its higher price and limited availability, especially once the initial release sells out and it's only available for silly money on eBay. You only have to look at their release of "Lawrence of Arabia".

In any event, they're hardly in direct competition with each other, since HDzeta would have to license their release from Fox. Also, it would be Fox who would have to re-master both the Theatrical Cut and the extras for them, since only the Director's Cut was ever re-mastered in HD for its Blu-ray release. So, there's clearly room for both editions.

I'm certainly getting the new Fox release even though I already have the German Steelbook. With the 3 versions of the movie included plus all of the extras from both DVD editions, its a no-brainer for me. Also on the plus side is the new and different artwork to that of the German edition. Thank God they didn't go for the abstract artwork that has marred so many of their recent Steelbook and FuturePak releases!

That said, I love this movie, so if HDzeta were to come up with something really special for their, as yet unconfirmed, release, I would seriously consider a triple dip!

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316