Title: Knives Out 2

Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Comedy, Crime, Drama

Director: Rian Johnson

Cast: Daniel Craig

Plot: A sequel to "Knives Out" (2019)

‘Knives Out’ Sequel Officially A Go As Lionsgate Hints At Franchise
Source: Deadline
ko-d36-15343-r-e1574726014327.jpg

Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer said Thursday during the company’s third-quarter earnings call that a sequel to Knives Out is officially a go, hinting that a production start for a follow-up to the money-making and critically acclaimed Rian Johnson whodunit is imminent.

The news comes as the film starring Daniel Craig, which earned Johnson his first Oscar nomination for his Original Screenplay, is nearing the $300 million mark at the worldwide box office. It was one of three films to come out during Lionsgate’s fiscal Q3 along with Midway and Bombshell. As a result, film revenue rose 30% in the quarter, the company said.

Knives out was great, but why does everything have to be a franchise nowadays? :yawn:
I agree... as soon as something becomes successful, all they see is :greedy: and want to take advantage by turning it into a money-maker.

That being said, I would be interested in a continuation of Craig's character's story so long as Johnson both writes and directs.

I agree... as soon as something becomes successful, all they see is :greedy: and want to take advantage by turning it into a money-maker.

That being said, I would be interested in a continuation of Craig's character's story so long as Johnson both writes and directs.

Yeah, and I believe he certainly will write and direct it, although I would prefer him doing star wars next. But i can imagine him just doing knives out 2 since it was universally praised and to avoid the f-ing hater "fans".

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, and I believe he certainly will write and direct it, although I would prefer him doing star wars next. But i can imagine him just doing knives out 2 since it was universally praised and to avoid the f-ing hater "fans".
Me too... he's great when it comes to setting up his own worlds and stories, but I'm not totally convinced that his Star Wars trilogy is still in the pipeline due to the backlash The Last Jedi received (which he obviously didn't have full creative control over), and that'd be a real shame IMO.

Wait so the sequel is called glass onion?

I won’t be calling it that. Just knives out 2 will do

Should have been called Guns Out or something, then make the franchise with a trillion more of these like Spears Out, Daggers Out, Rifles Out, Flutes Out for all I know...but Glass Onion?? :rofl: I guess Johnson could give less of a sh*t when Netflix has already given him 400 million and if I read this correctly for him and Daniel Craig to keep up to 100 Million each as their fees.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database