Knives Out (4K+2D Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (HMV Exclusive - First Edition #2) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 30, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

01-166604.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Punker76 and DMD4k
  • 2 Disc Set (4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray) plus Digital Copy with exclusive sleeve artwork
  • 24 page novella from Harlan Thrombey
  • 12 exclusive artcards

Interesting choice. I only watched this recently and I loved it. Great cast and murder mystery. I wonder if this will be a similar shape to once upon a time in Hollywood or if that was purely down to the vinyl size. If so, collecting these might look a bit odd on the shelf. Personally I’m hoping on a premium but looking forward to seeing the art.

• 2 Disc Set (4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray) plus Digital Copy with exclusive sleeve artwork
  • 24 page novella from Harlan Thrombey
  • 12 exclusive artcards

I text you this earlier lol

Reactions: Noodles
Interesting choice. I only watched this recently and I loved it. Great cast and murder mystery. I wonder if this will be a similar shape to once upon a time in Hollywood or if that was purely down to the vinyl size. If so, collecting these might look a bit odd on the shelf. Personally I’m hoping on a premium but looking forward to seeing the art.

I text you this earlier lol
That's my main concern with this too... worried it'll be a completely different shape/size, especially because they describe it as having exclusive "SLEEVE" artwork, which usually just means it'll be an amaray case with different art to other retailers. Hopefully that's not the case though and it's something really nice and sturdy like OUATIH.

Haha well I was actually gonna message you about it when I first spotted it on IG, but I had to quickly jump in the shower and then rush out, so by the time I got back you'd already messaged me about it lol.

Reactions: Flloydo
That's my main concern with this too... worried it'll be a completely different shape/size, especially because they describe it as having exclusive "SLEEVE" artwork, which usually just means it'll be an amaray case with different art to other retailers. Hopefully that's not the case though and it's something really nice and sturdy like OUATIH.

Haha well I was actually gonna message you about it when I first spotted it on IG, but I had to quickly jump in the shower and then rush out, so by the time I got back you'd already messaged me about it lol.

I think it will be the same sturdiness of OUATIH and/ or similar material used. Otherwise it would really stick out being a normal slip. But who knows.
In my head it would open out like OUATIH but I’m doubting that now.

I think it will be the same sturdiness of OUATIH and/ or similar material used. Otherwise it would really stick out being a normal slip. But who knows.
In my head it would open out like OUATIH but I’m doubting that now.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong. Loved this film (as you know), and would die for an edition like OUATIH.

The fact this is half the price OUATIH was has me doubting it too though. :ohno:

Yup, very different to their OUATIH edition unfortunately. :(

View attachment 460291
@Flloydo

Meh art. Steelbook is a million times better. And like I said in the U.K. thread, I highly doubt you can beat that illustrated art made to look like one of his crime novels.

I’m interested to see how the kimchi version turns out, however, it’s the on masterpiece collection that are doing it so expect some tacky out of the ordinary art and a slip with a circular group shot in the middle.

Art cards are the only decent thing about this release but I’m sure you’ll get them with a premium at some point. Most likely the booklet/ novel too (that could be Korean though lol)

Meh art. Steelbook is a million times better. And like I said in the U.K. thread, I highly doubt you can beat that illustrated art made to look like one of his crime novels.

I’m interested to see how the kimchi version turns out, however, it’s the on masterpiece collection that are doing it so expect some tacky out of the ordinary art and a slip with a circular group shot in the middle.

Art cards are the only decent thing about this release but I’m sure you’ll get them with a premium at some point. Most likely the booklet/ novel too (that could be Korean though lol)
I'm not super impressed with any of the announced editions so far... hoping Kimchi can change that, but what you said in regards to On is exactly what I'm worried about.

I'm not super impressed with any of the announced editions so far... hoping Kimchi can change that, but what you said in regards to On is exactly what I'm worried about.

I think they might do a slip with the knives in the circular display. At least that would suit their style and template. But that could be a little boring. Plus depending on if that make it a small circle like their other slips or to fill the area could depend on how good it looks. That’s if they go that route

Really? You don’t like the wwa? For once a decent wwa image and you don’t like it?
I get cold in July and paranormal activity 3 (German edition) vibes from it. Just hope on a better finish with it.

I’ll wait to see what the finish is on that first, how it looks in the photos and Then also what the on choose. I loved the film but only one edition for me eventually

I think they might do a slip with the knives in the circular display. At least that would suit their style and template. But that could be a little boring. Plus depending on if that make it a small circle like their other slips or to fill the area could depend on how good it looks. That’s if they go that route

Really? You don’t like the wwa? For once a decent wwa image and you don’t like it?
I get cold in July and paranormal activity 3 (German edition) vibes from it. Just hope on a better finish with it.

I’ll wait to see what the finish is on that first, how it looks in the photos and Then also what the on choose. I loved the film but only one edition for me eventually
Hmm yeah, the artwork could literally be anything when it comes to Kimchi nowadays. But if they add any splatter type effects to yet another one of their slips, I'm gonna lose it lol.

I'm 50/50 on the WWA steel... I don't hate it, but I don't exactly love it either. I'll settle for that if nothing better is released though, as it's the best of a bad bunch so far IMO.

• Thanks
Hmm yeah, the artwork could literally be anything when it comes to Kimchi nowadays. But if they add any splatter type effects to yet another one of their slips, I'm gonna lose it lol.

I'm 50/50 on the WWA steel... I don't hate it, but I don't exactly love it either. I'll settle for that if nothing better is released though, as it's the best of a bad bunch so far IMO.

I do need to correct you (although I’m sure you already know) but it’s not technically kimchi. They just add a sticker, sometimes a numbered card and/or just sell it through their site. It’s weet, blu collection, on masterpiece collection, Ive and others that make/ design the editions and sell it through them. Some also go through nova too.

What splatter effect do you mean?

I do need to correct you (although I’m sure you already know) but it’s not technically kimchi. They just add a sticker, sometimes a numbered card and/or just sell it through their site. It’s weet, blu collection, on masterpiece collection, Ive and others that make/ design the editions and sell it through them. Some also go through nova too.

What splatter effect do you mean?
Sorry mate, only just seen your reply. Lol yeah, I do know that... just easier to say Kimchi rather than try to remember which label it is exactly.

Lately they've often started adding a splattered paint type element to their slips, which I hate. Funnily enough, the only two that come to mind right now are Nice Guys and Machete.

Sorry mate, only just seen your reply. Lol yeah, I do know that... just easier to say Kimchi rather than try to remember which label it is exactly.

Lately they've often started adding a splattered paint type element to their slips, which I hate. Funnily enough, the only two that come to mind right now are Nice Guys and Machete.

no worries. Ahh okay I think I know what you mean. Machete was a few years ago now though and weet designed that package but I hear you