Knives Out (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The On Masterpiece Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #79) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: February 25 March 12, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order January 20 at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $49.99 (Individual Editions) - $156 (Box Set)
Note: Full Slip A1 750 copies - Full Slip A2 550 copies - Lenti 1000 copies - Box Set 250 copies

137254838_3091685494391980_7240370259643632916_o.jpg134577880_3086741724886357_1185623520955778558_o.jpg135813382_3086741828219680_7745682925069065846_o.jpg

136431486_3086741928219670_1554374329543702893_o.jpg
122830054_3026374494256414_8742674279311631800_o.jpg
90162829_2822281717999027_8898198383542403072_o.jpg136193023_3086775681549628_8590118565555990264_o.jpg135493609_3086741628219700_2696204804886232582_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the rollercoaster of being a physical media cinema enthusiast. getting excited on announcements :woot:, then downcast :arghh:, then reinvigorated :wow:, as information drips out and then each beauty shot is revealed :vomit:, changed :confused:, and revised :watch:. for a product you may not be able to buy, or be online for a GB in time :ohno:, or be able to access servers... :LOL:

still love the white slip - MantaLab Se7en showed how to upscale an apparently plain white slip beauty shot into an in-hand masterpiece, and the Kimchi Pan's Labyrinth gold slip could be a good example of how this may go. but now also like the lenti more that the chair doesn't vanish - seriously, who approved that in the first place? :facepalm: - although agree with @Flloydo the triple coating the artwork is lame. and now Craig has gone and now the centre of the film :drool: is back on the cover, i even have reasons to consider that option...

ana GIF

i certainly don't think collectors are always right when it comes to their thoughts in advance on releases based on partial information, but it's nice to see Kimchi listening and responding. :thumbs:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already
Is there gonna be a GB on here or do i need to risk elsewhere?
thanks
(Pre-order January 20 at 2 PM KOREA TIME, will be on the Kimchidvd website.
Don't think there will be a GB for this.

Make sure you check what time 2PM in korea is for you locally.

Reactions: Sridhar and Miffed
(Pre-order January 20 at 2 PM KOREA TIME, will be on the Kimchidvd website.
Don't think there will be a GB for this.

Make sure you check what time 2PM in korea is for you locally.

5am! :cry: Someone get me an A2 pleaaasseeeeeeeeee!

i love the rollercoaster of being a physical media cinema enthusiast. getting excited on announcements :woot:, then downcast :arghh:, then reinvigorated :wow:, as information drips out and then each beauty shot is revealed :vomit:, changed :confused:, and revised :watch:. for a product you may not be able to buy, or be online for a GB in time :ohno:, or be able to access servers... :LOL:

still love the white slip - MantaLab Se7en showed how to upscale an apparently plain white slip beauty shot into an in-hand masterpiece, and the Kimchi Pan's Labyrinth gold slip could be a good example of how this may go. but now also like the lenti more that the chair doesn't vanish - seriously, who approved that in the first place? :facepalm: - although agree with @Flloydo the triple coating the artwork is lame. and now Craig has gone and now the centre of the film :drool: is back on the cover, i even have reasons to consider that option...

ana GIF

i certainly don't think collectors are always right when it comes to their thoughts in advance on releases based on partial information, but it's nice to see Kimchi listening and responding. :thumbs:

Oh certainly not always right. We all have our favourite finishes or think we can see in our minds how we think it would work best. I’ve complained many of times or not been happy with the word of the finish of a slip or steel but then in hand completely surprises you. Can also work the other way too of course. Sounds great, can’t wait but then sh!t in hand

but then I also don’t think it’s bad to judge or dismiss on mock ups. If you don’t like the art or don’t think it works as a slip or steel or whatever then that will rarely change because you just don’t like that art or the choices for the art on the extras in a beauty shot. Sometimes things can grow on you but that’s usually newer arts to what that film originally had. And of course some newer arts can sometimes be better. A lot better

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
So do we still put in a mark down request on the invoice? This will be the first order from outside the U.K. of the new year.

if I request $15 as usual for customs etc, will it be 20% VAT extra of the $15 on the label if it gets snagged coming In the country?

If so then I suppose it will only be £3 extra on orders we pay when it arrives in the country.
Or am I working this out all wrong?

Reactions: Noodles
So do we still put in a mark down request on the invoice? This will be the first order from outside the U.K. of the new year.

if I request $15 as usual for customs etc, will it be 20% VAT extra of the $15 on the label if it gets snagged coming In the country?

If so then I suppose it will only be £3 extra on orders we pay when it arrives in the country.
Or am I working this out all wrong?
I'm confused by all this Brexit/VAT malarkey too... I'll probably just whack $15 down as usual and hope for the best.

Reactions: Flloydo
Do you guys think this one is going to sell out fast? I’m looking for the Type A1 Fullslip with Ana De Armas. Just don’t fancy waking up at 6 AM. :(

Do you guys think this one is going to sell out fast? I’m looking for the Type A1 Fullslip with Ana De Armas. Just don’t fancy waking up at 6 AM. :(
Depends on the print run, actually curious if anyone knows what it is

How can we have our orders delivered to Europe when neither KPacket nor EMS are working? (this is from a NOVAMedia email, I assume Korean post offices operate in the same manner with KimchiDVD)

Capture d’écran 2021-01-20 à 00.05.40.png

I'm confused by all this Brexit/VAT malarkey too... I'll probably just whack $15 down as usual and hope for the best.

Same. I’ll do it all the same and hope for the best. It’s not too bad if they charge VAT on $15 markup because it’s £2/£3 extra when they arrive at your door which I can live with. But £12/£15 extra each time (on singles) will just get too much for me

Reactions: Noodles
Still no price update on the listings. Hate it when they do this and leave it until the last minute

Same. I’ll do it all the same and hope for the best. It’s not too bad if they charge VAT on $15 markup because it’s £2/£3 extra when they arrive at your door which I can live with. But £12/£15 extra each time (on singles) will just get too much for me
Yeah, it'll just be $3 charge on $15 goods declaration. Well, plus a likely £8 royal mail handling if its not paid for upfront (unless that's not applicable anymore, I'm yet to hear of a 2021 customs charge upon receipt to confirm). So £11 realistically if ordering directly, as kimichi definitely aren't UK VAT registered so won't be able to charge VAT upfront.

Best way to get around it is if it's marked as "documents" instead of goods, no fees applicable. Novamedia mark their packages like this, had one last week clean and clear. Had one marked as "gift" from Japan as well, which is still fee free under £39. Gifts are only technically allowed from individuals rather than businesses though.

Last edited:
Yeah, it'll just be $3 charge on $15 goods declaration. Well, plus a likely £8 royal mail handling if its not paid for upfront (unless that's not applicable anymore, I'm yet to hear of a 2021 customs charge upon receipt to confirm). So £11 realistically if ordering directly, as kimichi definitely aren't UK VAT registered so won't be able to charge VAT upfront.

Best way to get around it is if it's marked as "documents" instead of goods, no fees applicable. Novamedia mark their packages like this, had one last week clean and clear. Had one marked as "gift" from Japan as well, which is still fee free under £39. Gifts are only technically allowed from individuals rather than businesses though.

See I don’t understand the Royal Mail handling fee going forward. I’ve always had parcels marked between $15/ $18 and I’ve never had to pay it. Unless you mean because they would sort the 20% VAT their side when it arrives in the country that they will also charge a handling fee for doing so. If that’s the case they are such cheeky f**ks

And if that’s the case I’d be happy paying the 20% VAT upfront with the retailer. If it stops Royal Mail chucking in a handling fee anyway.