Kong: Skull Island (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #147) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: July 13, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 799 CZK (Standard) - 1399 CZK (FAC)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc
Note: Double 3D Lenticular Full Slip XL - 501 copies

131341645_3827004757416472_854891799364004521_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pass, film was pretty bad to say the least! Awaits the 1200czk price tag lol
I prefer Peter Jackson's dramatic version as my favorite, but, I felt this one was still a lot of fun. If it was advertised the same way Godzilla was, which looked serious-toned and dramatic, then I would have really hated it as it played out more like a comedy/adventure. But since they showed a lot of the John C. Reilly and other comical scenes in the trailer I already knew what to expect so I wasn't misled or disappointed. Godzilla trailers were freaking epic, but Cranston was only in the beginning and the rest of the movie was kind of family-friendly and fun, which was not what I expected. Still enjoyed that one as well, but I wanted Planet of the Apes type of serious drama, as I would with Kong. But I'll probably get this if the package looks great.

Looking forward to seeing what the WWA steel will look like... they really can't go wrong if they use any of the official posters, as they're all awesome! No doubt FA will deliver an amazing looking slip too. :D

Sorry (not sorry) to keep posting these in the FA threads, but here's my steelbook concept...

View attachment 300765

Looks good. Shoot film arena should reach out to you to get a Wea steel of a good movie and go from there.

Reactions: Noodles
While everyone else went and saw Beauty and the Beast we went to see this, 6/10 for me, watchable but not much else

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
I found it better than Godzilla but that was mainly due to a better cast

I haven't seen it but, but judging by the trailers, it looks like comparing it to Godzilla is unjust due to that movie being a lot more serious in tone than what the trailers make skull island look

@bloodsnake007 @tridon Fran-Kong, Ken-Zilla what ya think?
@rj531 SWEET! :woot: Thanks for the tag my Ninja Sis! :notworthy: You know Kenzilla and I will be getting this! :hungry:
KvF!.jpg
It's interesting. I think they need to first release Godzilla as a FAC if they're going to do Kong (and presumably the following MonsterVerse films), though. Gotta have those matching sets. ;)
@tridon Godzilla 2014 as a FAC release? HELL YEAH! :drool: And throw Pacific Rim in the mix, I'm sure we'll be getting one for Uprising ;)

hhhmm will have to wait and see the artwork. I'm sure everyone and their mother will be releasing this so there will be a lot of competition and honestly if BF release this I'd probably go for that, as already having Pacific Rim and Godzilla from them, this will complete the universe from one retailer...

hhhmm will have to wait and see the artwork. I'm sure everyone and their mother will be releasing this so there will be a lot of competition and honestly if BF release this I'd probably go for that, as already having Pacific Rim and Godzilla from them, this will complete the universe from one retailer...

From what your saying pacific rim and Godzilla and kong are all in the same universe?

From what your saying pacific rim and Godzilla and kong are all in the same universe?

Yea that's what Legendary pictures is doing, there will be cross over films in the future. Kong and Godzilla already have a cross over film on the cards (Kong Vs Godzilla), I'm just wondering how they will then cross that over with Pacific Rim.

Just giving them some ideas...
The back art was from the promo poster. Would be cool if they could use the UV trick on the slip too.

View attachment 306140

Oh man I would love a steel with that front art.

Don't dont this to me, we all know the WWA will be crap (look at Pacific rim and zilla - I don't mind zilla actually but could of been miles better and taken the 3D off)