Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: November 19, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99

K2.jpg

Krull (hmv Exclusive) for the first time on Blu-ray. Adventure drama directed by Peter Yates. The imminent wedding of Prince Colwyn (Kenneth Marshall) and Princess Lyssa (Lysette Anthony) seems to have secured peace between their two communities - until they are attacked by the Slayers and their leader, the hideous Beast. Lyssa is kidnapped and taken to the Black Fortress, so Colwyn sets out to save her, armed with a magical key known as the Glaive.

Special Features (Blu-ray disc only)
  • Commentary with Director Peter Yates, Actors Ken Marshall & Lysette Anthony and Editor Ray Lovejoy.
  • Behind-the-Scenes Commentary
  • Journey to Krull featurette
  • Marvel Comics Video Adaptation

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
agree, @snow flake, cheeseball-tastic. probably the film responsible for getting me into fantasy as a kid. i always thought the main weapon looked cool, before next thinking - how the hell do you use it without slicing your fingers off? :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Woefully bad great movie. Right up there with Flash Gordon. Might just have to get this.

Great film. Liam Neeson, Robbie Coltrane, Alun Armstrong... Fantastic widescreen cinematography from the great Peter Suschitzky.
Amazing score by James Horner. The freaking GLAIVE!!!
(And how many movies/videogames/tv shows have ripped off the plot point from Krull about the castle that moves location?)
And the new widescreen transfer is freakin gorgeous. It's like seeing it for the first time.
Not cheezy.....a classic!

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Just had email to say back in stock but limited. Still not in an offer and £14.99 but I want this to upgrade my old USA version so bitting the bullet because of the hmv situation.

Order cancelled by hmv

Apparently there are manufacturing issues with the disc which could explain its selling out as it’s been stopped