Kubo and the Two Strings - In theaters August 19, 2016

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Travis Knight[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Art Parkinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlize Theron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rooney Mara[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew McConaughey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ralph Fiennes[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brenda Vaccaro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]George Takei[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Minae Noji[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ranjani Brow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Sun Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Miro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Saemi Nakamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Takemoto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alpha Takahashi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Aoki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Thomas Isao Morinaka[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rachel Morihiro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cary Yoshio Mizobe[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-08-18[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: In the epic fantasy, scruffy, kindhearted Kubo ekes out a humble living while devotedly caring for his mother in their sleepy shoreside village. It is a quiet existence – until a spirit from the past catches up with him to enforce an age-old vendetta. Suddenly on the run from gods and monsters, Kubo’s chance for survival rests on finding the magical suit of armor once worn by his fallen father, the greatest samurai the world has ever known. Summoning courage, Kubo embarks on a thrilling odyssey as he faces his family’s history, navigates the elements, and bravely fights for the earth and the stars.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
3Kr9CIIMcXTPlm6cdZ9y3QTe4Y7.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

• Thanks
Reactions: kbr1656 and tridon
Don't you feel alone in this thread @kaw ? :p

Gotta admit this looks interesting, reviews are good, but this will pass under the radar big time compared to other big Disney/Pixar/Dreamwork...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@Drum18 So very lonely...
Why no love for KUBO on here? This looks like one of the most beautiful movies of the year and nobody is talking about it.

This makes me worried about how its going to do at the box office. If nobody on here cares about this film... will anyone else out there as well?

• Thanks
@Drum18 So very lonely...
Why no love for KUBO on here? This looks like one of the most beautiful movies of the year and nobody is talking about it.

This makes me worried about how its going to do at the box office. If nobody on here cares about this film... will anyone else out there as well?

It's performing just as well as any other LAIKA release and unfortunately, that means not very well. That said, you're not alone in your love for Kubo, man. This is one of my most anticipated films of the year! Give me this over Finding Dory any day of the week! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I still need to see Suicide Squad, but I may watch this one first.

KUBO > Suicide Squad.
(But I still really liked Suicide Squad. Do a double feature! haha)

I'm starting to get excited thinking about the gorgeous slipcover they might release for this film!
eOne has made some pretty nice slips for the other LAIKA films so I hope they do the same with this.

• Thanks
I'm starting to get excited thinking about the gorgeous slipcover they might release for this film!
eOne has made some pretty nice slips for the other LAIKA films so I hope they do the same with this.

I was thinking the exact same thing! All of the Alliance/eOne slips for LAIKA's films have been gorgeous. Can't wait to see what they do for this!

I may actually go see this tomorrow morning at the Landmark Theatre since it's playing for cheap. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw