Léon: The Professional (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 57) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 3, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 3 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Scratch Resistant Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Full Slip: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

LEON_OC_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_FS_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_LS_V2_5000x.jpgLEON_DLS_V2_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
You are a class A moron, the GB had plenty of copies left until the last minute. So nobody buys it and if its resold later at an aftermarket price there is an issue?

Maybe all the premium steelbooks sold on ebay and other channels must be sold by all GB hosts. So essentially I and other GB hosts should work for hours making sure the product gets to the collectors, enable the practice of reselling anything that is limited at a higher price but not indulge in reaping these rewards? Did I ever mention I am running a non profit charity?

You have done zero to help anyone on the forum, except crapping on threads with your usual idiotic arguments.

I will buy you and sell you to yourself at a scalper price if you don't stop with your usual crying and rant.
I don't want to call you out, but I actually tried to join the group buy 2 days before pre-order and everything was "sold out".

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Chemartin_1
Weird that everybody focus on the GB host scalping people with remaining/extra copies, or blame the retailer from selling in bulk and so on..
But i dont think anybody mention people who buy even 1 copy via GB or direct, only to resell at higher value, just to make a few bucks they are more the we might think.
When something gets sold out and resell for higher value it will always attract some interest. .

It might sound a bit cliché, but i am happy to participate to GB now and then, sometimes like others even miss on GB.... But having a GB is better then not having one, the guys hosting it can do whatever he wants with extra copies, as far as he is proposing "some" copies at a fair price it is a good thing. Without GB, buying direct would be difficult too, cause most of the GB users would also try to be there during direct sale. i see GB just as a 2nd possibility to get what i want.
Sometimes i take my chance direct, and sometimes i miss direct...
Anyway, every time i miss i'm pissed for like 15 minutes... The life goes on. It's just a hobby. I cant care les if i can't have something i want because of GB host, bots, ninja's, psycho's, blu ray for everyone or bad luck.
And eventually when i REALLY want something i miss, well i pay the aftermarket price, cause that is how life works when your really want something and missed at first opportunity.

I don't want to call you out, but I actually tried to join the group buy 2 days before pre-order and everything was "sold out".

The GB always closes 2-4 days before preorder. The quantities have to be submitted to the publishers; they dont wait until public preorder day to do the inventory on their respective stores.

As with Arrival too the GB closed yesterday, not everything was sold; tomorrow we will have the usual suspects complaining about how groupbuys hurt.

Here are the order #'s for Leon with timing; the first order was a test order by a member to make sure the store works with payment etc.
'
You can see the timestamp on the last leon order; typically on the merchants website you will be lucky if it last for an hour. For us it was there for 2 whole days and then some.

1.png2.png

Were you on the GB page @ the schedule time or roughly around it and still missed it?
leon-gb-timing-png.550354

See screenshot from another forum member expressing everything is in stock.
3.png

Anyhow I don't need to justify any of this but whatever quantity was promised was made available. If people did not want to join the GB to avoid paying HDN fees or because they hate me or did not get the GB schedule and wanted to purchase direct because its so easy as in the past then obviously its their choice and they should live with it.

I cannot buy from WeET and @Aniv helped me secure my Arrival A2 slip.
On the other hand I went direct with Léon, and secured the copy I wanted (FS) as well.
I've always used GB's when I couldn't or didn't want to go direct. Is the host charing a small extra? Of course he does, but it's a small amount.
If I don't want to, I simply go direct. I'm kinda lazy nowadays but in the past I was always able to secure the copy I wanted and I've been in the game since La La Land's preorder, which occured on November 17, 2017.
Am I saying something wrong?

It's scalping @Aniv.

Explanations about "why you do somewhat" only reinforce what you do:

- Help ONLY who JOINS to your Group Buys.

- Take the most stock out from retailer to resell later for higher prices (once the edition is sold out).
Manipulation of the market.

-----------------

You and your camaraderie can call it "GB's have a lot of work", or "Hosts have to buy all allocations even low demanded releases".

If it's a lot of work (I am sure it is), DON'T DO IT.
If you HAVE TO buy more titles from retailer to keep the allocations up, DON'T DO IT.

You are not creating value, or distributing so.
You are subtracting the value the retailer creates (and distributes), and you are increasing prices artificially, manipulating "supply" and "demand".

(You called me a moron? No more words coming from you. I am done with you today.)

It's not moral or ethical coming from you (and some of you) justifying SCALPING with "sough after" releases, with robounding the outcome you have in others GBs with less demand.

Scalp is scalp.

And you have been doing THIS a lot of years.

I now see clearly WHY many many titles are sold out in seconds... Thanks to you, to other GB hosts (not all, for sure), and the meaning of GB when you can buy DIRECT.

PD: DIRECT buy is not a "secure" option anymore thanks to your practices, overdemanding in advance, @Aniv.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MM3 and Aniv
It's scalping @Aniv.

Explanations about "why you do somewhat" only reinforce what you do:

- Help ONLY who JOINS to your Group Buys.

- Take the most stock out from retailer to resell later for higher prices (once the edition is sold out).
Manipulation of the market.

-----------------

You and your camaraderie can call it "GB's have a lot of work", or "Hosts have to buy all allocations even low demanded releases".

If it's a lot of work (I am sure it is), DON'T DO IT.
If you HAVE TO buy more titles from retailer to keep the allocations up, DON'T DO IT.

You are not creating value, or distributing so.
You are subtracting the value the retailer creates (and distributes), and you are increasing prices artificially, manipulating "supply" and "demand".

(You called me a moron? No more words coming from you. I am done with you today.)

It's not moral or ethical coming from you (and some of you) justifying SCALPING with "sough after" releases, with robounding the outcome you have in others GBs with less demand.

Scalp is scalp.

And you have been doing THIS a lot of years.

I now see clearly WHY many many titles are sold out in seconds... Thanks to you, to other GB hosts (not all, for sure), and the meaning of GB when you can buy DIRECT.

PD: DIRECT buy is not a "secure" option anymore thanks to your practices, overdemanding in advance, @Aniv.

Thanks for making me realize what an evil person I am. I was completely unaware and I am really sorry. I will make sure I will consult with you before I decide what to do about it. Do you prefer email communication or should I book some time with your assistant to discuss over a call instead?

I am sure the least you can do with a kind and big heart such as yours is to donate generously to the site so you can continue complaining.

@Chemartin_1 I may have missed your post before, but what edition of Leon were you interested in acquiring from Collectong (Manta Lab) as I'm assuming you didn't get it?

@Chemartin_1 I may have missed your post before, but what edition of Leon were you interested in acquiring from Collectong (Manta Lab) as I'm assuming you didn't get it?
I don't think he is even collecting Steelbooks, since I have never seen him write about anything but Steelbook GroupBuy scalping as the main reason for decline in global life expectancy, child mortality and climate change...

As everyone out of this forum know, your "boss" is part of the problem of SCALPING.
He, @Aniv, is scalping with every release he can, using their Group Buys to buy the "supply" to sell "sold out" editions at scalper prices at his website later: "Bluraylife.com"

But no problem, as some of you said, "collecting isn't vital. Is a luxury".

His business is about luxury, and his fees of his "valuable" work is selling stuff at scalper prices, when he overdemands previously, in advance, until the sough after edition is sold out.
Then, he can do his business.
As he said: "it isn't a charity".

Despite of his actions, he even has flock of sheep coming of his help.
Who knows who is next to sweep the boss trash under the carpet.

Bluraylife.com , your premium shop for premium people (who did not join to his GB's):

And waaaaaay more releases at scalper prices. And waaaaay more coming.
You are welcome, @Aniv. Advertising for free.

• Thanks
Reactions: Aniv
I think regardless of what the hell you lot are talking about one thing everyone can agree on is if you pay for something you expect it to actually ship yeah?

#releasethesyndercutmotherboxesffs

All this stuff is overpriced anyway. With shipping, fees, tax and customs almost doubling the price of a premium FS; is it really worth it just for some fancy shelf ornament?

FOMO should be a treatable condition with medication. :rofl:

All this stuff is overpriced anyway. With shipping, fees, tax and customs almost doubling the price of a premium FS; is it really worth it just for some fancy shelf ornament?

FOMO should be a treatable condition with medication. :rofl:
Idk about that, this is probably the most competitively priced 4K premium in recent memory. $65 shipped isn't bad at all.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Idk about that, this is probably the most competitively priced 4K premium in recent memory. $65 shipped isn't bad at all.
Maybe it's just my hopeful wishes that premium FSs were cheaper.
What we do need in the UK is a boutique physical media company that can put out a high quality release per month. That'd be the dream.
To save some money for once on import fees.

I don't know how collectors keep up, where do you guys find the money for all these expensive releases!
:LOL:

As everyone out of this forum know, your "boss" is part of the problem of SCALPING.
He, @Aniv, is scalping with every release he can, using their Group Buys to buy the "supply" to sell "sold out" editions at scalper prices at his website later: "Bluraylife.com"

But no problem, as some of you said, "collecting isn't vital. Is a luxury".

His business is about luxury, and his fees of his "valuable" work is selling stuff at scalper prices, when he overdemands previously, in advance, until the sough after edition is sold out.
Then, he can do his business.
As he said: "it isn't a charity".

Despite of his actions, he even has flock of sheep coming of his help.
Who knows who is next to sweep the boss trash under the carpet.

Bluraylife.com , your premium shop for premium people (who did not join to his GB's):

And waaaaaay more releases at scalper prices. And waaaaay more coming.
You are welcome, @Aniv. Advertising for free.

Just saying this in generally - no one on this forum is above any sort of criticism. You could have the same complaints that have been said about many group buy hosts or members here before.

Topics range from high prices, high shipping, whatever your subject of interest that you'd like to post about it, or be upset about, it's generally allowed.

We're not going around and banning everyone or deleting a ton of posts or whatever.

But wanted to say clearly, I don't care who it is, there is a fine line between voicing an opinion and attacking someone.

So let's all be mindful of that, because that's when the reply ban, or post deletions will start to happen.

I don't know how collectors keep up, where do you guys find the money for all these expensive releases!
:LOL:

Now I'm going way back but it used to be that I could get a couple of steelbooks (and potentially premium releases) for what it cost me to get a limited edition print / poster (24x36)

And that has flipped as of today, where it's more affordable (lol) for me to collect prints than it is a lot of these steelbooks.

Would have never thought that - starting maybe 3-4 years ago.