Digibook Léon: The Professional (Blu-ray Digibook) (Supreme Cinema Series) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
RELEASE DATE: Oct. 27, 2015
PRICE: TBA
ORDER: TBA

Sony's 'Supreme Cinema Series' that began with Bram Stoker's Dracula continues...
Screenshot 2015-08-13 05.57.47.png
Screenshot 2015-08-13 05.57.47.png

What is this? Type of packaging etc..

Haven't seen them before. But this looks like something I want as I've always wanted an edition with this artwork;)

What is this? Type of packaging etc..

Haven't seen them before. But this looks like something I want as I've always wanted an edition with this artwork;)
if this has the same treatment as Dracula,
"sleek & innovative all-new clear case packaging"

92211_slipback.jpg

*photo credit bd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: spass
This might be nice looking but its a bit of a letdown no new extras on the Disc

I will wait till this is out and a price drop before I consider getting this

This might be nice looking but its a bit of a letdown no new extras on the Disc

I will wait till this is out and a price drop before I consider getting this

There may not be any new extras but the whole point of the "Supreme Cinema Series" I believe is to showcase these films in a remastered 4K state. As long as they are being remastered, I'm happy! ;):thumbs:

Might just swap disc in my nice Kimchi release depending on PQ

Special Features:
  • 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos Audio (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible) of both the theatrical and extended international versions of the film
  • Featurettes:
    • Cast and Crew Look Back
    • Jean Reno: The Road to Léon
    • Natalie Portman: Starting Young
  • Original Theatrical Trailer

So these discs are basically super bit rate discs to maximize all the detail of the film. So they will have to be bare bones pressings or as little extras as possible.

So these discs are basically super bit rate discs to maximize all the detail of the film. So they will have to be bare bones pressings or as little extras as possible.
Yes I believe it will be the same as the Sony mastered in 4k range. Little if any extras to improve the bit rates.

Well if if means getting the Fifth Element the best it's ever been since the laserdisc I'm all for it. I just wish they would pick better title for the range.
Sorry folks but I find Ford's Dracula very poor in the history of Dracula films.

Link
Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013UZ6L86/?tag=hidefnin-20
List Price is $38.99
Price likely to be less at some stage

The mysterious Léon (Jean Reno) is New York's top hit-man. When his next-door neighbors are murdered, Léon becomes the unwilling guardian of the family's sole survivor - 12-year-old Mathilda (Natalie Portman). But Mathilda doesn't just want protection; she wants revenge. From the electrifying opening to the fatal finale, LÉON THE PROFESSIONAL is a nonstop crescendo of action and suspense. Experience both the U.S. theatrical and international versions of this beloved action masterpiece, now fully remastered in 4K.

Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series Includes:

- Sleek and innovative all-new clear case packaging

- 24-page book with rare photos

- Theatrical and Extended versions of the film

- 4K restoration

- Includes Dolby Atmos: A revolutionary new audio technology that transports you into an extraordinary entertainment experience. With Dolby Atmos enabled receivers and speaker configurations, sound comes from all directions, including overhead, to create an immersive experience with clarity, richness, detail, and depth. With existing home theater systems, you will get a great surround sound experience.

Special Features:
  • 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos Audio (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible) of both the theatrical and extended international versions of the film
  • Featurettes:

81KcS6RuEgL__SL1500_.jpg

81gBAbLHoTL__SL1500_.jpg

Note
Price most likely will drop at some stage
Pre Order Price Promise will reduce the price when the price is lowered if you order now and before release date

Last edited:
Link
Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013UZ6L86/?tag=hidefnin-20
List Price is $38.99
Price likely to be less at some stage

The mysterious Léon (Jean Reno) is New York's top hit-man. When his next-door neighbors are murdered, Léon becomes the unwilling guardian of the family's sole survivor - 12-year-old Mathilda (Natalie Portman). But Mathilda doesn't just want protection; she wants revenge. From the electrifying opening to the fatal finale, LÉON THE PROFESSIONAL is a nonstop crescendo of action and suspense. Experience both the U.S. theatrical and international versions of this beloved action masterpiece, now fully remastered in 4K.

Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series Includes:

- Sleek and innovative all-new clear case packaging

- 24-page book with rare photos

- Theatrical and Extended versions of the film

- 4K restoration

- Includes Dolby Atmos: A revolutionary new audio technology that transports you into an extraordinary entertainment experience. With Dolby Atmos enabled receivers and speaker configurations, sound comes from all directions, including overhead, to create an immersive experience with clarity, richness, detail, and depth. With existing home theater systems, you will get a great surround sound experience.

Special Features:
  • Featurettes:

View attachment 182374

View attachment 182375

Note
Price most likely will drop at some stage
Pre Order Price Promise will reduce the price when the price is lowered if you order now and before release date
What size are these? Are they the same size as a Blu ray amaray? G1 steelbook? G2 steelbook? I need to know how these might fit in the collection!!

What size are these? Are they the same size as a Blu ray amaray? G1 steelbook? G2 steelbook? I need to know how these might fit in the collection!!
I'm not 100% sure but going by the Bram Stoker's Dracula Supreme Cinema Series unboxing video looks like digibook size

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
The original release was region free so I'm guessing this will be the same.
Bram Stoker's Dracula Supreme Cinema Series has been reported as Region A locked
So its possible Leon will also be Region A locked

I was surprised to see the new 4K Bram Stoker Dracula Region A locked considering the previous Blu-ray was region Free

Reactions: Sigill
Bram Stoker's Dracula Supreme Cinema Series has been reported as Region A locked
So its possible Leon will also be Region A locked

I was surprised to see the new 4K Bram Stoker Dracula Region A locked considering the previous Blu-ray was region Free
There's a good chance this could be locked aswell then. I'm not sure either why they would make the new release region locked when the last one was region free, it doesn't make sense.