Lady and the Tramp (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 15, 2017
Release date: February 27, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99 - $27.99

steel.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When you blow up the image of the blu-ray disc it appears to have the standard A,B,C pyramid formation.

yes, that's what I'm referencing - but mockups are just that - and I've had folks on the fence when there is that possibility. previous animated disney releases have been region locked, so there's always that hesitation.

I think people are often misled in thinking that hosting group buys are "easy", but there are often concerns like this when titles are just announced that make a lot of back and forth for members.

A mystery to me why anyone wouldn't find a Disney LADY AND THE TRAMP silver steelbook desirable . . . or just as desirable as the traditional blue . . . I mean, nothing wrong with the colour of the MARY POPPINS steelbook, for example, or those from Studio Ghibli . . .

As an alternative Signature Edition there's always the Amaray with slipcover with inferior artwork layout and excessive print / ads for the digital copies:-
upload_2018-1-5_3-30-57.png
upload_2018-1-5_3-34-28.png
upload_2018-1-5_3-28-33.png

Anyway, definite soft spot for this film and for 101 DALMATIANS - plus the later two from my era (THE JUNGLE BOOK and THE ARISTOCATS) - and I well remember watching TJB in the cinema upon release and at least one of the others at a friend's house on his birthday when a chap with reel and projector came around to delight us with the Disney magic.

BR.com pics:-
J08Wy73.jpg
81rTMZ6.jpg
upload_2018-1-5_1-30-1.png
da1c4fb441524b61f42edfe61350aaa0.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta laugh. I just read a reply that Best Buy Canada WON'T be carrying this steelbook.

I stopped buying from Best Buy Canada months ago anyway but this is ridiculous.
Perhaps it has to do with The Lion King failure that is still in stock and may be forever.

So Canada, a Group Buy here is probably your best bet.

Or you can put this look on a U.S. ebay sellers face...:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw
I wish BB would have continued with the Lenticular slipcovers as an exclusive. I decided to collect those and skipped the steelbook and digibook versions.

Now, if I want a matching set I’ve got to back and re-purchase them all in SB or digibook formats.

I wish BB would have continued with the Lenticular slipcovers as an exclusive. I decided to collect those and skipped the steelbook and digibook versions.

Now, if I want a matching set I’ve got to back and re-purchase them all in SB or digibook formats.

This is just par for the course with anything right? I always hate it when they do like matching art stuff for a trilogy etc then the next to come out doesnt have it. The slipcovers on Transformers 4k use that artistic look and yet The Last Knight is typical photoshop so doesnt match the prior 4.

At least in your case the Disney stuff holds up value well so you could move them on easily to switch over .... OR ... as you may not know but their are still exclusive slips for signature edition and others now coming out on Disney Movie Club. Lady and the Tramp part 1 , 2, Fox and the Hound, Aristocats.

ps. yeah they ruined the slip in my eyes with the Movies Anywhere advertisements .... wish they'd do stickers on top of shrink wrap or something. So least the SteelBook focuses on a more pleasing and quality look aesthetically.

Lovely-looking steelbook with its classic imagery . . . unlike with LION KING's mildly offensive title treatment and the in-your-face Signature Collection logo here the logo almost blends into the artwork thanks to its neutral/B&W colouring.
Great back and inside art too making for a splendid steelbook.

THE LION KING Signature with indiscreet SC logo:-
NOT MY PIC . . .
maxresdefault.jpg

As for a LADY AND THE TRAMP steelbook in the UK here's hoping for something on the front like this (especially as the poster itself is sold out):-
Mondo X Cyclops Print Works Print #18: The Lady and the Tramp
by Dave Perillo

lady-and-the-tramp-mondo-r2017.jpg

i wasnt gonna double dip on this one since i got the zavvi one and i'm happy with it, oh man i'm so week in terms of Animated Disney i couldn't help it, but now that i have it in hands i dont regret it, it is really nice............