Slipbox Lady Bird (Blu-ray Slipbox) [Taiwan]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: June 21, 2018
Purchase link: JSDVD
Price: NT 1,020

21821076035320_198.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this movie so much but I don’t see what’s so impressive about this release. It’s pretty much exactly the same art as the US standard release with a slightly fancier/bigger box and a booklet for $35 plus shipping.

I love this movie so much but I don’t see what’s so impressive about this release. It’s pretty much exactly the same art as the US standard release with a slightly fancier/bigger box and a booklet for $35 plus shipping.
This release's front cover looks quite a bit cleaner, as there's much less text than on the US slip cover. Together with the parts of your comment I bolded, aren't there already plenty of reasons for many collectors to choose this one? ;)

Reactions: Actarus
This release's front cover looks quite a bit cleaner, as there's much less text than on the US slip cover. Together with the parts of your comment I bolded, aren't there already plenty of reasons for many collectors to choose this one? ;)

Honestly? In my opinion, no.

If you have the money to get anything you want and love the film, then of course it’s your choice.

But it’s a far cry from what a lot of exclusives have (a lot of original art to begin with; cards, booklet, slips, etc), and just very similar to the existing release.

If you have the money to get anything you want and love the film, then of course it’s your choice.
While I have nowhere near available funds to "get anything I want", the choice to get this release was easy for me.

Mail order purchase from the US, e.g., from Amazon, wouldn't necessarily guarantee it to arrive with a slip cover (I hadn't preordered this film from anywhere), and getting an undamaged slip cover from Amazon is always a bit of a hit-or-miss situation.

I love a solid slip case with a great finish, which this release appears to have.

As this release is the only physical copy of Lady Bird I will have, it made sense to me to pay a bit more to get something I like better than the other available choices.
But it’s a far cry from what a lot of exclusives have (a lot of original art to begin with; cards, booklet, slips, etc), and just very similar to the existing release.
No argument there, albeit the price for this seems to be ca. 5-7 USD less than premium releases with a full set of bonus items, e.g., KimchiDVD Whiplash :thumbs:

Last edited: