Multi Last game played/purchased

1592164621104.png

Fractured Minds, a first-person puzzle adventure game highlighting the impact of mental health issues, has launched digitally on the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. The title comes from Emily Mitchell, a 17-year-old who wanted to make a game about severe anxiety and depression. She found solace through game development, and she won the 2017 BAFTA Young Games Designers award.

Now the game has been spruced up and published by Wired Productions, which is making it available for $1.99. Eighty percent of the proceeds are going to Mitchell, who lives in Watford, United Kingdom, and Safe In Our World, a new games industry charity dedicated to raising and supporting mental health awareness. It is one of a number of games — like Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice — that are tackling the difficult subject of mental illness.
fractured-minds-5.jpg

Above: Fractured Minds creator Emily Mitchell
Image Credit: Wired Productions
Inspired by Mitchell’s personal journey through severe anxiety, Fractured Minds seeks to create greater understanding and stand in solidarity with mental health sufferers around the world. Players will embark on a personal and emotional journey through the human psyche.
VB Transform 2020 Online - July 15-17. Join leading AI executives: Register for the free livestream.
Exploring atmospheric and thought-provoking chapters, each symbolizing a different aspect or challenge associated with mental health — from isolation to anxiety, with everyday situations becoming distorted beyond recognition.
“I created Fractured Minds to help those who suffer from anxiety and other mental health issues feel they’re not alone,” said Mitchell in a statement. “The effects of illness can be invisible from the outside, yet debilitating to those affected, so it’s important to continue raising awareness and offering support. I am grateful for the support I’ve received and want to help others however I can.”
fractured-minds-3.jpg

Above: Fractured Minds depicts different moods.
Image Credit: Wired Productions
Safe In Our World is a new mental health charity for the video games community with the goal of raising awareness of mental health issues among gamers and creators and affecting positive change within the industry. Supported by industry luminaries and ambassadors across the world, its mission is to create a digital destination where sufferers can seek help, gain access to resources and information, and discover stories from real people within and surrounding the games industry.
“Fractured Minds represents the best of what inspired talent can aspire to offer to the world, and Safe In Our World is honored to be a beneficiary as we support Emily and her poignant project,” said Gina Jackson, trustee for Safe In Our World, in a statement. “We are passionate about shedding light and destigmatizing mental health conditions while helping the gaming community to come together in support of one another.”
The indie game has interactive environments with challenges and puzzles across six levels, each inspired by real-life obstacles. You can explore the emotions surrounding emptiness, anxiety, depression and paranoia with hope. The game has an immersive soundtrack including Silence from Kai Engel.

After seeing the thread regarding Resident Evil Village it had reminded me that i never did get around to playing Biohazard :whistle:

Cheap and cheerful from CEX so thought it would be worth ago :thumbs:

Reactions: Thoth
@Thoth Started on it last night mate, Definitely worth the time if you are a fan of the RE franchise :thumbs:

Haven't done too much of it yet (at least i don't think I have :wow::rofl: ) but did put in a good few hours, it kept me wanting to play it and obviously it's a must before you play RE8 :thumbs:

Borrowed this off a pal so starting it tonight.
The original was brilliant so I’m looking forward to replaying it :thumbs:
906F6D0F-4432-4257-97D4-DA61370F6712.jpeg

@Robles How did it go with Destroy All Humans?

Playing Observer at the moment and I'm so glad I grabbed this while it was on sale.
If looking forward to Cyberpunk, I recommend playing Observer as a warm up if you can't wait :D It's quite short, can be done in 6-8 hours but it has so much to offer.

A well presented cyberpunk world with society divided in classes and coping with day to day nano-technology improvements or lack of improvements by doing drugs and involving themselves in other illegal activities.
You play the story from the point of view of a detective who investigates a filthy apartments building and scan for clues either biological or technological to trace down your son.

Very good sounds that push the game to a bit of a horror side and visually stunning as well. Well done for these polish developers, I'm impressed how well cyberpunk content is packed in the game. Recommend!

Reactions: Robles
@Robles How did it go with Destroy All Humans?

Playing Observer at the moment and I'm so glad I grabbed this while it was on sale.
If looking forward to Cyberpunk, I recommend playing Observer as a warm up if you can't wait :D It's quite short, can be done in 6-8 hours but it has so much to offer.

A well presented cyberpunk world with society divided in classes and coping with day to day nano-technology improvements or lack of improvements by doing drugs and involving themselves in other illegal activities.
You play the story from the point of view of a detective who investigates a filthy apartments building and scan for clues either biological or technological to trace down your son.

Very good sounds that push the game to a bit of a horror side and visually stunning as well. Well done for these polish developers, I'm impressed how well cyberpunk content is packed in the game. Recommend!
It's pretty good fun mate :LOL: Haven't finished it yet as I've been jumping between a few games at the moment, but it's definitely worth a go especially if you played and enjoyed the original :thumbs:

Oh, I had Observer downloaded and it just sat on my console for ages and never got around to playing it so I eventually just deleted it :wow: I'm gonna have to give this ago.
I'm sure tho at the time that I downloaded the game that it was on Gamepass, not sure if it still is now.

Cheers for the recommendation :thumbs:

I never played Destroy All Humans, original or whatever.. but was looking for something fun to play.

Got Deliver Us the Moon today from GAME so will jump on it tonight. :D Gotta love short games, going through them quite fast lol

Time to give this a little try and see if it’s been worth the wait :thumbs:

Was holding off on this as I wanted to give the first a re-play again :D

I was going to start on it over the weekend but I think ill dive straight in tonight :rofl::thumbs:

You should play it on Permadeath haha xD

I'm playing Fall Guys a lot lately lol, it's so much fun
:rofl: its looks pretty fun mate :thumbs: It reminds me of the 80's game show Takeshi's Castle :D:LOL:

1599388136663.png

Recently been playing the latest God of War which I loved the look of when it was first released and always planned to pick up eventually, but then I suddenly lost interesting in gaming. However, I haven't had much motivation to do anything other than sit on my arse lately so thought now would be a good time to give it a go. The scale of this game is amazing, and I don't just mean the world itself, but also the creatures that inhabit it - the "boss" battles are seriously epic! The story wasn't too long nor too short and I've now found a new interest in Norse mythology because of it. Despite completing the main story, I still find myself wanting to play it just to explore and throw my axe around... fighting never felt repetitive to me and in most cases always felt quite challenging. It's not very often I complete games nowadays, let alone continue playing them once I do. Cannot wait for Ragnarok! :D

@Noodles Yeah man, I loved God of War. It blends in well the gaming with the Norse Mythology and gotta love that witty lines they have with each other and the Head xD
Wish we had more of a story regarding Freya but who knows, maybe we will get more with Ragnarok. Looking forward to it!

I've been playing Resident Evil Code Veronica X and so far I'm enjoying the challenge. Finished the game but going for the Platinum as I want a full Resident Evil franchise Platinum before RE8 comes out next year. Doubt I'll get to finish them all since PS5 coming out next month with all the goodies but will slowly get there lol.
RE: CVX is a bit frustrating on the Battle Modes tho'. Apparently the PAL version of the game runs at 25% slower than the NTSC so go figure me having to finish some Battle Modes in under 6:30 minutes. Really annoyed it did not get fixed since so many years ago. But I suppose the accomplishment feels more rewarding when I'm going to get it done.

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles Yeah man, I loved God of War. It blends in well the gaming with the Norse Mythology and gotta love that witty lines they have with each other and the Head xD
Wish we had more of a story regarding Freya but who knows, maybe we will get more with Ragnarok. Looking forward to it!
Haha yeah, the "banter" was great! Was cool how there's funny/interesting dialogue whilst just randomly exploring too... I think that's one of the main things that kept me playing, rather than getting bored midway through as I often do with games nowadays - basically there's always something to keep you focused on playing. I agree about Freya... felt like we only saw the tip of the iceberg with her and I also wouldn't be surprised if she makes an appearance in Ragnarok.

Still haven't got around to giving this a proper go yet, I've started with it but only just to have a mess about really.
Will definitely sit done soon and give it a real go.