DVD Last Non-Blu-Ray movie you watched/purchased? (Any other disc/tape formats welcomed)

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All,

This thread was added to provide an area for members who also own non-Blu-Ray movies to discuss what else they are watching. Since a relatively small % of content is available on Blu-Ray, chime in about what else you're checking out on other formats.

To chat about titles you are streaming visit here.

Have fun!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
my mrs got me this the other day,the ultimate hammer collection 21 discs.
getting through them slowly,very nice boxset.highly recommended to anyone who likes old horror.

Attachments

• hammer 001.jpg
    hammer 001.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 255
Hi Simon-thanks! Yes, the web has "flattened" the world, and given us more ammunition to feed the addiction of flicks, LOL!

Nice pics, Leno!

Yeah, I am in the process of catching up with Criminal Minds and some other series not on Blu.....

Besides my Digibook habit, I also collect newspaper DVDs - That's DVD's that are given away with daily newspapers. I don't think it happens in the US, but in the UK, Spain, Italy etc it's quite common. In the UK the DVDs are usually completely free, but here in Spain they add a couple of euros to the cover price.
these are usually good transfers (by SD standards) last weekend for example I got The Hurt Locker and Being John Malkavitch. But they do take up a lot of space!

Yesterday while out shopping, I bought the Batman Begins 2 disc Spanish DVD set that includes 8 postcards and resembles a Long narrow digibook 10.99 euros. I'm sure someone posted a photo of this recently here, but I can't find it now.

Watched

North By Northwest (BD)
Rear Window (Itunes)
Vertigo (YouTube)

All are good but Vertigo is my fav.

Besides my Digibook habit, I also collect newspaper DVDs - That's DVD's that are given away with daily newspapers. I don't think it happens in the US, but in the UK, Spain, Italy etc it's quite common. In the UK the DVDs are usually completely free, but here in Spain they add a couple of euros to the cover price.
these are usually good transfers (by SD standards) last weekend for example I got The Hurt Locker and Being John Malkavitch. But they do take up a lot of space!

that's interesting.

I've been watching Spartacus SD on netflix ... crazy show, but really good.

got a copy of this at last.
attack girls swim team vs the undead:scat:

Attachments

• attack girls swim team 001.jpg
    attack girls swim team 001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 215
Just bought the DVD pack of The Tiger of Eschnapur and The Indian Tomb, The last 2 films by Fritz Lang. These form another of the excellent Eureka! Masters of Cinema series packages that includes many extras not least of which is the information packed booklet. The Technicolor footage shot in India is absolutely beautiful and considering that this is only SD looks fantastic for films that are 50 years old.

You can find it here

Last edited:
I too love BBC - The Blue Planet (I don't own it, I watch before borrow from my friend).

So I buy it since the price is cheap (UK edition - £7.49, after deduct the VAT, it only cost £6.24), and I doubt it will ever release in BD. (If at the end BD version is out, then I will re-purchase it.)

Lucky it still look good in upscaling 1080p DVD player.

The Blue Planet - Special Edition - DVD
5702135891_363673818a_z_d.jpg

5702136307_e78e6acb33_z_d.jpg

5702136145_b693d9b7e2_z_d.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ASALVK/?tag=hidefnin-21

Last edited:
Just watched "The Kiss" DVD, one of my favorites from the 80's, with Joana Pacula. Creepy witchcraft flick, but strangely sexy:) Again enjoyed upon rewatch.