Last Vinyl purchased?

1307405-gf.jpg

Reactions: Actarus
Louie Vega Starring Adeva - I Deserve To Breathe 12''
Vega Records

CS583201-01A-BIG.jpg

Favorite Mix: I Deserve To Breathe (Louie Vega Gene Perez Bass mix)

What’s going on in my world?” A simple lyric in the form of a question filled with enough ambiguity to encourage personal, beautiful interpretation. Whose world are we referring to - the macro world or a more individualized universe? Are those questions even relevant? More often than not, a small mutation in one world greatly influences the other and vice versa. The larger universe and our individual experiences are connected at the hip. As one goes, so does its partner. The debut single, “I Deserve to Breathe,” off of Louie Vega’s upcoming new album, brings together for the first time Vega and house music icon, Adeva, who garnered pop and radio success in the UK while gaining acclaim stateside with an epic cover of Aretha’ Franklin classic, “Respect.” Adeva’s vocal interpretation of the lyrics, co-written by Lem Springsteen (formerly of production duo Mood II Swing) and songstress/singer Leah Lorien, is so intricate and so full of life that it acts as an instrument in the song itself. She floats between sharp winding falsettos and deep percussive chants; all masterfully blended to create a momentous musical back and forth. Adeva and her powerful vocals are in complete control the entire time; they know exactly what sounds, pitches and melodies the song needs. Furthermore, the production feats that Vega and Springsteen collaborated to achieve are nothing short of spectacular. Their output will be a joy to all listeners because they created a grooving sonic experience, but more importantly, they created a rallying cry for the world and believing individuals within. Before hitting play, listeners will feel a hint of empowerment and reclaimed justice in the air because of the song’s title. Breathe is no longer a quotidian nor dull word in today’s vernacular, its suggested emotions and imagery are razor sharp and can reopen wounds. I Can’t Breathe. I Deserve to Breathe. Art has always had the power to provide unimagined perspective. The prevalent discourse of today’s social issues is a nasty mixture of polarizing perspectives, frivolous commentary on social networks and a general lack of humanity. Art acts from the heart. “I Deserve to Breathe” has a simple message, Fight with Love. Love is important, but our times also necessitate a brave and proactive fight. Fighting without love is dangerous. The tension is intentional, but not obvious. To benefit from art, one must pay attention. The lyrical content of “I Deserve to Breathe” commands such attention. And that’s just one layer of this cake. The song believes in giving back. So in a time when it can help to disconnect from the media and its portrayal of and commentary on the social issues we care about, spend time with Louie Vega’s latest single featuring a flawless vocal performance by Adeva and download the song and hear for yourself the reasons why we all deserve to breathe. “I Deserve to Breathe” | Louie Vega Starring Adeva from the forth-coming album, “Louie Vega Starring…”

Last edited:
Reactions: dan8885
Louie Vega Starring Monique Bingham - Elevator (Going Up)
Vega Records Vinyl 12''

Elevator.jpg

A chance encounter on an elevator resulting in a life-altering romance makes for a great story. A great story narrated by Monique Bingham’s vocals over Louie Vega’s production is even better. Elevator (Going Up) is the jazzy and rhythmic tale of a lady asking a gentleman to hold the elevator. He was heading down but she needed to go up. Once inside, introductions were made, laughter exchanged and his plans to get off on the ground floor were abandoned. Fate had decided that there was a once in a lifetime connection to be made and fate certainly had its way. The song feels and acts like a play. Vega announces his play is beginning with a delicate mixture of synthesizers and melodic piano. As the lights dim and the escenario lights up, the song’s protagonist enters. She narrates the circumstances of that night’s chance encounter with her future beau. The audience can immediately sense the enormity of their few minutes together because her memory of them is crystal clear. Almost any good friend has sat through a friend’s dramatic recollection of their first encounter with their love. Monique’s silky and emphatic singing then shifts from recalling the specifics to a more meta analysis of the night. She invites the audience to ponder along with her. She wonders how different her life would be if he ignored her request to hold the elevator. She then admits to the audience that this is the greatest love of her life and she won’t ever find another love to compare. The audience believes the conviction behind her voice when she says her love is the strongest anyone has ever known. Who said elevators aren’t magical? Elevator (Going Up) is the next single off Louie Vega’s upcoming album, Louie Vega Starring... As part of the single’s release, Vega created two remixed versions of the song; one version is the Louie Vega Remix and the other is the Louie Vega Dubb Mix. Both versions greet listeners with sultry Afro-Latin drums and hypnotizing deep bass grooves. If the original song was a play with a linear timeline, the remixes are more sporadic and improvisational. Vega abandoned the play’s set time structure. The new melodies and production place Monique under a spell. She jumps in and out at various points of her story. The remixes capture the confusion and excitement of the love that started as the elevator was going up. Be sure to purchase Elevator (Going Up) and the remixes on Vega Records at all digital outlets. Vinyl coming out as well worldwide distributed by Above Board Distribution UK.

A unique and rare collaboration between Louie Vega & Monique Bingham 10 years in talks and finally came to fruition, this is well worth the wait! LOUIE VEGA STARRING MONIQUE BINGHAM IS GOING UP! GOING UP! GOING UP! GOING UP UP UP UP UP UP!!!!

Reactions: dan8885