Latest Framed Posters & Art

roseart

everyrosehasitsthorn
Premium Supporter
I know we have the newly acquired thread, but with the cost of framing these bad boys it can take some time to get these framed. So, I thought I would start a thread to show what's the latest Posters & Art you've gotten framed and how you proudly display it.

:movie:​

Here are the latest I just got back. Note, the wife wants to paint first, so the "how you proudly display it" is not valid in these pics. ;)

Primus "Bass Concert Hall ATX 11/7/12" (Todd Slater) Wife and I went to this show last year. We plan on getting a shadow frame for the ticket stub to go underneath.

Django Unchained (205/250) (Mark Englert) - Gallery1988 "2013 Oscar"

The City of Lost Children (Variant) (Sig 04/70) (Ken Taylor) - Mondo

Transformers "Oversized Version" (Sig 162/225) (Tim Doyle) This actually turned into a gift for my brother in-law. Nice gift. ;)

Finally was able to pick these up from the gallery:

Last edited by a moderator:

White Rat

Contributor/Prints
Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2012
Iowa
Aha! The variants finally rear their heads. If you don't ever find a good trade for it I'll take the Watchmen variant ;)

I'll be posting some framing jobs over the next few months, but mine will mostly be DIY experiments.

Reactions: roseart

White Rat

Contributor/Prints
Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2012
Iowa
So here are two of my do it yourself framing jobs that I just finally got on the wall last night. The biggest issue for me was the depth of the rabbet on the frame we had picked out for Rango. I was insisting on using spacers. Eventually I had to cave and do my first matting instead.

Here's the first one, who has bee sitting framed on the floor for over a month at least:

And here's the one I finished last night. So glad to have these up now. This one has uv glass. I think the matt choice turned out well.

blumaster

Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2012
Omaha
pretty hard to follow the last couple of posts EEK!

Kitten Mittons framed up...
004.jpg

Ordered the frame from a company called Art to Frames. A nice quality, made in America wood 12x12 for $19. Looks good in my office. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vurt and roseart

White Rat

Contributor/Prints
Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2012
Iowa
Here's my latest projects. Super super happy to have these done and up. :oohyeah:

All the parts and materials came from hobby lobby. Putting the uv glass in is harrowing, as the frames never seem to be exactly to size.