Latest Framed Posters & Art

roseart

everyrosehasitsthorn
Premium Supporter
Mar 20, 2012
Texas, US
I know we have the newly acquired thread, but with the cost of framing these bad boys it can take some time to get these framed. So, I thought I would start a thread to show what's the latest Posters & Art you've gotten framed and how you proudly display it.

:movie:​

Here are the latest I just got back. Note, the wife wants to paint first, so the "how you proudly display it" is not valid in these pics. ;)

attachment.php

Primus "Bass Concert Hall ATX 11/7/12" (Todd Slater) Wife and I went to this show last year. We plan on getting a shadow frame for the ticket stub to go underneath.

attachment.php

Django Unchained (205/250) (Mark Englert) - Gallery1988 "2013 Oscar"

attachment.php

The City of Lost Children (Variant) (Sig 04/70) (Ken Taylor) - Mondo

attachment.php

Transformers "Oversized Version" (Sig 162/225) (Tim Doyle) This actually turned into a gift for my brother in-law. Nice gift. ;)

Finally was able to pick these up from the gallery:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I go to Fast Frames. They are right by my house and the owners are a husband wife duo with framer who actually is in the pop culture hobby too. Always throws in surprises.

Reactions: blumaster
Remembered I wanted to do matting with this guy immediately after confirming the frame order. Was like :(. But I am in love with this print.
003.jpg

The subjectiveness of art. Not sure what it is, but this print does it for me. I'd never buy or display Mother of Dragons, but Bob's Donuts.....I saw it and had to have it. Now if I could just get a hand embellished edition. :naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had one nearby... closest one is 85 miles away, one way! :(

You can get a sheet of 24x36 UV filtering plexi for $30 with that coupon from HL.

HL always has the 40% coupon on their website. And pay attention to their weekly ad, too. It seems like every other week frames with glass are 50% off. You can get a nice looking 18x24 for like $18.

Last edited:
Sorry everybody, I thought I was helping by posting this.:(

You did! Got some much needed conversation going about HL and some people might not know about that 40% off coupon.

Agreed, these discussions need to happen. Framing is one of the biggest turnoffs to this hobby. Helping find cheaper options only helps everyone.

I don't know how much it is true, but Michaels claims that HL UV is not 99% like theirs is. I've also read many horror stories about HL, but I've heard some of the same about Michaels.

Both have different discounts at different times for frames & custom framing. The best for Michaels is $60 plus 10% off custom framing. The pick and choose and change what these affect to make it confusing though. So, you have to make sure the type you want is one that is in those sales.

I've gotten a quote for $85 for a 24x36 (UV plexi, metal frame, spacers & installation) and my brother went in another state and they quoted him $180 with the same discount. :angry:

Agreed, these discussions need to happen. Framing is one of the biggest turnoffs to this hobby. Helping find cheaper options only helps everyone.

I don't know how much it is true, but Michaels claims that HL UV is not 99% like theirs is. I've also read many horror stories about HL, but I've heard some of the same about Michaels.

Both have different discounts at different times for frames & custom framing. The best for Michaels is $60 plus 10% off custom framing. The pick and choose and change what these affect to make it confusing though. So, you have to make sure the type you want is one that is in those sales.

I've gotten a quote for $85 for a 24x36 (UV plexi, metal frame, spacers & installation) and my brother went in another state and they quoted him $180 with the same discount. :angry:

When I called and asked about the UV Plexi they sold I asked him what brand UV it was they were selling and after looking up the company in the computer the guy said "Tru Vue"... if you search the company they are claiming without a doubt 99% UV filtering. For whatever that worth I guess.

Thought I would share that info. And yes any and all talk relating to framing (especially deals) is much appreciated as framing (cost) like Chris said is the biggest turnoff of this hobby.

Just got my Marko prints framed. The reflection isn't to bad in person. Just had the blinds to one door open. Also I use my iPhone so my pics are never good.

image-27.jpg

Looks absolutely amazing. :drool:

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

The prints work so well together and the frames really add to it!