Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 607
Reactions: spass and Noodles
LOVE the STRANGER THINGS soundtrack ? This is the same guys !

image012-1-350x350.jpg

Experimental synth quartet S U R V I V E's sophomore full-length and Relapse debut is a dark, sweeping exercise in analog synth mastery. The pulsating, 9-song instrumental release showcases immense diversity between tracks - RR7349's compositions range from grim tom-tom thunder to space-age epics, pairing tense plodding grooves with meditative ambience and driving, rhythmic beats. Inspired by IDM and horror scores alike, RR7349 is simultaneously ominous and hopeful; tense and relaxed; percussive and melodic. Additionally, two of the group’s members also recently scored the soundtrack for the hit new sci-fi / horror show Stranger Things on Netflix. RR7349 is a unique addition to the Relapse discography, and unquestionably S U R V I V E 's best work to date.

17,99 GBP at Transmission Records - HERE

Reactions: dan8885
I was going to start a thread but I noticed the threads are mainly for soundtracks so I'll add this here

• Blur - Leisure - 25th anniversary
( :OMG: wow, now I feel old)
- turquoise vinyl
- £18.99 (not sure about shipping)
- release: 26th August 2016

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/record...rmailer&utm_medium=mail&utm_source=newsletter

Any blur fans out there? I would like to get this but if it stays in stock

@Noodles @dan8885 @Sigill @martinouchou @SteelbookGenius666 @spass @Travis Bickle (sorry if I missed anyone, it's early and I'm tired)

I was going to start a thread but I noticed the threads are mainly for soundtracks so I'll add this here

- turquoise vinyl

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/record...rmailer&utm_medium=mail&utm_source=newsletter

@Noodles @dan8885 @Sigill @martinouchou @SteelbookGenius666 @spass @Travis Bickle (sorry if I missed anyone, it's early and I'm tired)

Thanks for the tag mate. I'm not so much into Blur that I would consider to buy. I like just some songs of them though ..
But go for it if you like, Blur is popular so I can see it could sell out

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks for the tag mate. I'm not so much into Blur that I would consider to buy. I like just some songs of them though ..
But go for it if you like, Blur is popular so I can see it could sell out

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, it selling out. I love them and everything albarn touches like gorillaz too

Seen him as blur and gorillaz live and blur are in my top 5 live bands (see them twice and one was a tiny little gig a few years back and it "went off") - amazing but I just can't afford it this month. If they release "13" that's an instant buy though, I'll cancel steels for that. Great album

• Thanks

- turquoise vinyl

To this day I've only ever listened to their Best Of album, which I love! I really should check out their other stuff... pretty sure I'll like it all. :D

Standard delivery from RecordStore is £3.95 to a UK address FYI.

• Helpful Post
To this day I've only ever listened to their Best Of album, which I love! I really should check out their other stuff... pretty sure I'll like it all. :D

Standard delivery from RecordStore is £3.95 to a UK address FYI.

Check out the song tribb trab, it's on that 13 album. It's a bit of a darker blur song but one of my favs. It's a builder

Cheers for the postage info

Check out the song tribb trab, it's on that 13 album. It's a bit of a darker blur song but one of my favs. It's a builder

Cheers for the postage info
Yep, loved it! :thumbs:

Going to give the album a proper listen on Spotify in a sec. I still need to check out Albarn's solo stuff too... bought my sister his album for Xmas, which I may have to borrow at some point. I I also love Gorillaz by the way... can't wait for their new stuff! :D

• Thanks
Yep, loved it! :thumbs:

Going to give the album a proper listen on Spotify in a sec. I still need to check out Albarn's solo stuff too... bought my sister his album for Xmas, which I may have to borrow at some point. I I also love Gorillaz by the way... can't wait for their new stuff! :D

It's my favourite album and yeah I love all their chirpy stuff like song 2, country house, there's no other way, coffee and tv, tender, boys & girls etc but that 13 album is too good.
There's another track you should hear but my minds gone blank

He also has a supergroup called the good, the bad and the queen with John Paul Jones from led zeppelin, Paul Simon and someone eles but they only had one album. Also the musical express he did

Have gorillaz confirmed a new album? Might have to wait a bit for that. I'm hoping they are focusing on another blur album, the latest and first in many years is pretty good too called the magic whip. They also did a great song for the olympics with a cool b side

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
It's my favourite album and yeah I love all their chirpy stuff like song 2, country house, there's no other way, coffee and tv, tender, boys & girls etc but that 13 album is too good.
There's another track you should hear but my minds gone blank

He also has a supergroup called the good, the bad and the queen with John Paul Jones from led zeppelin, Paul Simon and someone eles but they only had one album. Also the musical express he did

Have gorillaz confirmed a new album? Might have to wait a bit for that. I'm hoping they are focusing on another blur album, the latest and first in many years is pretty good too called the magic whip. They also did a great song for the olympics with a cool b side
Currently working my way through their discography... listened to Leisure earlier, which was good - some tracks I recognised on there, and I think the ones I didn't know would grow on me.

I remember there being a lot of buzz when Magic Whip came out last year... never listened to it myself, but only because I kept forgetting and I tend to just listen to my usual favourite bands when I do find the time to listen to music, which is usually whilst I'm working.

I don't know all the details regarding Gorillaz next album, but I know they're working on new stuff and plan to release it sometime next year... last I heard anyway.

• Thanks
Currently working my way through their discography... listened to Leisure earlier, which was good - some tracks I recognised on there, and I think the ones I didn't know would grow on me.

I remember there being a lot of buzz when Magic Whip came out last year... never listened to it myself, but only because I kept forgetting and I tend to just listen to my usual favourite bands when I do find the time to listen to music, which is usually whilst I'm working.

I don't know all the details regarding Gorillaz next album, but I know they're working on new stuff and plan to release it sometime next year... last I heard anyway.

Back home now and my mind is clear, the other song on 13 that's amazing is swamp song.

The magic whip was ok, better than their last before that. Think tank. They kinda gave up on that then split up.

On the magic whip I liked go out, ice cream man, my terracotta heart, ong ong and Pyongyang

The other great albums are park life and the great escape. Up there with leisure and 13.

Their greatest hits is good because it's just fully loaded tunes

Cool, I imagined gorillaz would have another but their 3rd nearly didn't happen and then straight after he released that random gorillaz album where he made it on a iPad on the North American tour for plastic beach, every track name is a place in the US. Quite cool but it's strictly albarn

Can't wait for Jamie Hewitts art for the next album and the vids.

They are interesting live too, depending on where you are they have special guests, got to see wuite a few peeps when I see them plus it's a visual gig because of the holograms and vids. Unfortunately mos def wasn't there when I see them (stylo)

My ex had some original story board to feel good inc in a frame. Was very cool. I miss that more than I miss her lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

- turquoise vinyl

Finally got the time for a reply, thanks for the tag mate. I like Blur, listened to them quite a bit in my youth. Still have my cd's of Modern LIfe is Rubbish, Parklife and Blur. Didn't listen to Leisure so much but it was played at my friends' houses.

Didn't listen to much Blur after '97 though as my music taste changed a lot in that period, lol! (dark basements and techno anyone? :LOL:;))

I should make time to go through their catalogue again as they're a really good band. I'm not going for this release though. :)

• Thanks
After the Castlevania OST Mondo will release four more video game sountracks to vinyl:
  • Simon’s Quest
  • Dracula’s Curse
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Symphony Of The Night

Picture of the next release:

Co9CNFMVYAEQ2vj-768x493.jpg

NewsletterHead.jpg

HOHW_Banner.jpg

A new score by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis is always an event. We are thrilled to be releasing the beautiful score to David Mackenzie’s Hell Or High Water, our first release with Nick Cave and Warren Ellis.

Nagasaki_Banner.jpg

Earlier this year Ryuichi Sakamoto scored Nagasaki: Memories of My Son, the latest film by legendary Japanese filmmaker Yoji Yamada. Following the success of The Revenant, we are proud to partner with Ryuichi Sakamoto once again and bring this amazing album to audiences in North America and Europe.

Transpecos_Banner.jpg

Aaron Dessner and Bryce Dessner (of The National) teamed up to compose the guitar-driven, atmospheric score to Greg Kwedar’s theatrical debut, Transpecos.

BBB_Banner.jpg

Taisei Iwasaki is a rising star in the world of Japanese animation and film. He composed the funk and jazz-focused score to the cult animated series Blood Blockade Battlefront (Kekkai Sensen).

ATOLAD_Banner.jpg

Natalie Portman has directed this tasteful adaptation of Amos Oz’s acclaimed novel A Tale Of Love And Darkness. Nicholas Britell (The Big Short) composed the intimidate ensemble-driven score to this gripping drama.

Lakeshore Records, Light In The Attic and Milan Records lined up.

Billed as a celebration of movies, music, art and comics – (basically all of the things that Mondo fans are into) – Mondo has announced its schedule for MondoCon 2016. Highlights from this year’s two-day event includes some of the biggest soundtrack labels under one roof and a Mondo / Death Waltz pop up record store, which will feature a huge selection of international soundtracks, plus an entire Italian library section.

Death Waltz will use the occasion to debut the soundtrack for director Jason Lei Howden’s “heavy metal zom com” DEATHGASM. You can find the NSFW sleeve artwork below. There’s also the promise of a “very special, super secret re-issue that harks back to the early days of both Mondo & Death Waltz, bringing the labels full circle in 2016.”

Seven other soundtrack labels are sharing the bill this year: Lunaris, Light In The Attic, Milan Records, Ship To Shore, Terror Vision / Graveface Records, Enjoy The Toons / Enjoy The Ride Records and Lakeshore Records, who just announced Stranger Things on vinyl.

This year’s event will also feature a live performance from dancefloor synth heads Le Matos, who will play a selection of tracks from their Turbo Kid soundtrack and their debut LP Join Us.