Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 598
Reactions: spass and Noodles
Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for a UK copy

I'm sorry bud. When you can't find one let's talk about this near release. There's limit to 1 per customer sadly. Maybe I can help you out with my pre-order. I'm not that much into Radiohead that I would need a colored release. I like classic black too so there's at least a chance since it's one of your favorite bands :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm sorry bud. When you can't find one let's talk about this near release. There's limit to 1 per customer sadly. Maybe I can help you out with my pre-order. I'm not that much into Radiohead that I would need a colored release. I like classic black too so there's at least a chance since it's one of your favorite bands :thumbs:

That's exceptionally kind of you mate but honestly you ordered it so you can keep it.
I'm sure one will pop up at some point. I just wasn't expecting for them to all sell out that quickly plus originally I thought the White vinyl was with the deluxe version.
I'll just keep an eye out mate.

Thank you for your kindness though :)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
That's exceptionally kind of you mate but honestly you ordered it so you can keep it.
I'm sure one will pop up at some point. I just wasn't expecting for them to all sell out that quickly plus originally I thought the White vinyl was with the deluxe version.
I'll just keep an eye out mate.

Thank you for your kindness though :)

I cross fingers for you, if you're unlucky we will talk :thumbs:

Terry Allen - Juarez - 1975 Reissue

PoB-26-cover-web.jpg

Release on May 20th, reissue of the legendary country-rock album 'Juarez' by Terry Allen from 1975.
Country? Yes. Think outside of the box! I didn't knew about this record until a few days ago. A record with the description "..arguably the greatest concept album of all time.." is worth a spin I would say.
For decades a diamond in record collecting with just 1050 copies released and just 50 with artwork. It's a masterpiece!

Legendary Texan artist Terry Allen occupies a unique position straddling the frontiers of country music and visual art; he has worked with everyone from Guy Clark to David Byrne to Lucinda Williams, and his artwork resides in museums worldwide. Widely celebrated as a masterpiece - arguably the greatest concept album of all time - his spare, haunting 1975 debut LP Juarez is a violent, fractured tale of the chthonic American Southwest and borderlands. Produced in collaboration with the artist and remastered from the original analog tapes, this is the definitive edition of the art-country classic: the first reissue on vinyl; the first to feature the originally intended artwork (including the lithographs that accompanied the first edition); and the first to contextualize the album within Allen's fifty-year art practice. Deluxe vinyl package includes expanded tip-on gatefold jacket, printed inner sleeve, download code, and 24pp. book with artwork, lyrics, and essays by Dave Hickey, Dave Alvin, and PoB. CD edition features replica jacket, sleeve, and 48pp. book.

Interesting Review: http://www.popmatters.com/review/allenterry-juarez/

Amazon.com - 24,98 USD
Amazon.co.uk - 18,17 GBP
Amazon.de - 31,75 EUR

I actully get quite annoyed when people call them dull and moody because they are usually beautiful songs lol they make me happy

If you ever want any pointers for more lively and rock sounding songs let me know, they have loads

Listen to these songs my favs/- electroneering, climbing up the walls (my absolute favourite), idioteque, the bends, 2+2=5, jigsaw falling into place, I might be wrong, my iron lung, there there, lotus flower, 15 steps, body snatchers, blow out, creep

And some of their softer songs are just crazy stunning like: all I need, karma police, reckoner, videotape, codex, no surprises, fake plastic trees, creep acoustic

Give some of them (or all of them a go mate)
Haha sorry it annoys you dude, but it's the truth... I always found their stuff (or what I'd heard at least) quite depressing. Not that I'm saying the music was crap, it just didn't make me feel great at the time... this was during a period when I was already feeling quite low in life though.

As I just mentioned to you in another thread... I gave Kid A a listen earlier and really liked it! I've also just listened to The Bends, which reminds me a lot of Muse for some reason... not sure I like that one, but will give it another chance at some point. Now giving OK Computer a go and liking the majority of it so far.

I've not been paying attention to the track titles (I'm playing them in the background whilst I work), but I'll pick out the ones you suggested and give them another listen once I've done going through their albums. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Haha sorry it annoys you dude, but it's the truth... I always found their stuff (or what I'd heard at least) quite depressing. Not that I'm saying the music was crap, it just didn't make me feel great at the time... this was during a period when I was already feeling quite low in life though.

As I just mentioned to you in another thread... I gave Kid A a listen earlier and really liked it! I've also just listened to The Bends, which reminds me a lot of Muse for some reason... not sure I like that one, but will give it another chance at some point. Now giving OK Computer a go and liking the majority of it so far.

I've not been paying attention to the track titles (I'm playing them in the background whilst I work), but I'll pick out the ones you suggested and give them another listen once I've done going through their albums. :)

Lol don't worry you didn't annoy me,

Don't get me wrong there are a couple of track that if im feeling low I can't listen to but I listen to a lot when I'm down becuse they bring me back up. Videotape and all I need nearly reduce me to tears at times. They are beautiful songs

I actually got Into Radiohead through the bends, songs like "just" (track 7) and "the bends" (track 2) and "my iron lung" (track 8) are heavier rock songs and a little like muse (well muse are like them)

Ok computer is one of their greatest mate. Has a right mix of songs. There was a poll a few years back and that won greatest album and most influential and this was by artists and bands not the public although it usually scores high with public polls too.

Ok so "climbing up the walls" from that album (track 9) means a lot to me and one my favourite songs (up there with the pixies where is my mind for me) interestingly both are about simular mental health.

But also track 2 "paranoid android", track 6 "karma police", track 8 "electroneering" (excellent song and another that means a lot to me) and track 10 "no Suprises"

Hope you like those 5 if you are listening now.
Climbing up the walls (track 9) builds and builds and just explodes into excellence

If you liked Kid A then give the album Amnesiac a listen. It was the release after Kid A and a lot of the songs were from the kid a sessions that then made the next album. In rainbows is another quality album and hail to the thief too

Yeah cool let me know and i hope you enjoy them

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide to Earth - 2016

homepage_large.9dd278d7.jpg

Genre Folk/Country. Again. Yes. Recommended from the ninja who listen mainly to Rap for about 20 years now. Sturgill Simpson who is Singer, Songwriter and Producer on this record delivers a classic. Ahead of its time. He comes from Country but this is nearly genre-less. Very personal record, the concept is meant like a navy writes home from Japan to his wife and newborn son, in real it's probably really directed to his son. But not weird, you can connect to it. Between all this awesomeness you also find a Nirvana Cover for 'In Bloom' and it is only right that this was put on the album.

The vinyl, look at that gorgeous cover, comes in a sexy Gatefold with even more awesome artwork.
There's the regular black vinyl and a "special merchandise package" from his own shop with a slipmat but also with a blue colored vinyl online exclusive to his store.

Released already on April 15. Currently sold out in a lot of stores. Highly recommended.

Amazon.com - 21,98 USD
Amazon.co.uk - 16,99 GBP
Amazon.de - 23,23 EUR

Online exclusive blue colored vinyl & slipmat - 21,99 USD

Kaytranada - 99.9% - 2016

999.jpg

Funk, Soul, RnB, Dance would be the Genres this record will be classified to. Kaytranada is a canadian Producer who made his fame through Soundcloud.
He produced artists such as Talib Kweli, Mobb Deep or The Internet. He remixed Disclosure, Janet Jackson and Pharrel. Pretty impressive for a new cat.
This is his debut album and it's great. Great Drums (from him and also from BadBadNotGood), great features (Phonte, Little Dragon, Anderson.Paak, Aluna George, Craig David, Vic Mensa ...)
adorable synths, funky baselines and some sampling. Some tongues would say it got a J.Dilla touch ........

Released on XL Recordings - YES XL Recordings, that record label who release only an average of six albums a year with artists like The Prodigy, Radiohead, Adele, White Stripes, Sigur Rós or The xx....

Release on June 17th (US & UK), May 27th (GER) , 2 LP + CD. If you want good music from Canada don't buy Drake, buy this! Highly recommended!

Amazon.com - 23,99 USD
Amazon.co.uk - 19,53 GBP
Amazon.de - 27,88 EUR

The Hotelier - Goodness - 2016

1463769130_cover400x400.jpg

No this is not the album cover. It is, but censored. If you google you'll know why :oohyeah:

The last record of The Hotelier was a big success classified as "emo rock". This record will be another success but it's more "general rock" I would say.
The lyrics are less dark and depressing but still deep and needs a repeat to get fully into it! I really enjoy the drums and percussions. Holden got a great voice and great things to say!

"From the lyrics to the songwriting to the production, things have opened up considerably on Goodness. There is more space, musically and intellectually if not emotionally. Part of the album's brilliance is that while it is chock-full of gorgeous lyrical statements, it is still unsure of itself; it is still needy, and worried, and continuously asking questions."

Highly recommended record in the Genre Rock of a guy who don't listen much to this genre :thumbs:

Released on May 27 (US), and June 10 (UK & GER)

Amazon.com - 26,99 USD
Amazon.co.uk - 23,59 GBP
Amazon.de - ? (JPC.de - 32,99 EUR)

Different colored vinyl available at their store but most colors are sold out already ... TinyEngier.com - 24 USD

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Waxwork Records has announced Waxwork Comics, a new venture that'll see brand-new horror comic books that come with exclusive soundtracks on 7" vinyl. The official thread for Waxwork Comics (as well as the press release) has been made in the Comics section of the forum here, so if you'd like to discuss them, please head there. :)

Waxwork Comics.png

The Hotelier - Goodness - 2016

View attachment 242952

No this is not the album cover. It is, but censored. If you google you'll know why :oohyeah:

The last record of The Hotelier was a big success classified as "emo rock". This record will be another success but it's more "general rock" I would say.
The lyrics are less dark and depressing but still deep and needs a repeat to get fully into it! I really enjoy the drums and percussions. Holden got a great voice and great things to say!

"From the lyrics to the songwriting to the production, things have opened up considerably on Goodness. There is more space, musically and intellectually if not emotionally. Part of the album's brilliance is that while it is chock-full of gorgeous lyrical statements, it is still unsure of itself; it is still needy, and worried, and continuously asking questions."

Highly recommended record in the Genre Rock of a guy who don't listen much to this genre :thumbs:

Released on May 27 (US), and June 10 (UK & GER)

Amazon.com - 26,99 USD
Amazon.co.uk - 23,59 GBP
Amazon.de - ? (JPC.de - 32,99 EUR)

Different colored vinyl available at their store but most colors are sold out already ... TinyEngier.com - 24 USD
I think I prefer the censored version. :vomit: :p

Never heard of the band, but will definitely give them a listen based on your recommendation. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Anderson .Paak - Malibu - 2016

homepage_large.0e1836c9.jpg

WOW. First of all, a 10/10 record. Straight up. This is multi-talented singer/songwriter/rapper westcoast-based musician Anderson .Paak third studio album "Malibu.
Anderson .Paak sounds maybe familiar to you, even when you're not into his music till now, because he is on six of sixteen tracks on Dr. Dre's last album "Compton" (For me a weak record with no replay value btw).
If you want to compare "Malibu" to another album it's definitely not "Compton". It's a mix of Stevie Wonder "Innervisions" and Kendrick Lamar "To Pimp a Butterfly".
It is a good feel record, at one point sounds like a 90s hip hop record and on the next like a 60s soul record. Theres gospel. His raspy voice. And the great songwriting. It's perfect!

Features by Schoolboy Q, Talib Kweli, The Game, BJ the Chicago Kid and additional production by Robert Glasper, Hiatus Kaiyote, Kaytranada, 9th Wonder, Madlib, DJ Khalil .....

In times of Young Thug, Future and 2Chainz I feel often old and not open for new Hip Hop. But then there's a artist like Anderson .Paak blowing my mind on the first listen.
I feel blessed listening to this. You should too! Give it a try!

2LP, wide-spine jacket plus fold out poster. Release April 15 (US & UK), August 5 (GER)

Amazon.com - 17,99 USD (on sale right now)
Amazon.co.uk - 22,99 GBP
Amazon.de - 29,99 EUR

Reactions: hal9000b
Thanks. I thought about it too but the participation/interest seems so low that I chose not to. I'll keep it going anyway :thumbs:
Sounds good @dan8885 yup, we can always unsticky later. Sometimes it helps to show new and existing folks threads at top for a while. Fingers crossed more members join in!

• Thanks
Thanx @dan8885 for Anderson .Paak. Listened some tracks, it's really good :thumbs::thumbs:

There is a new album for The Avalanches named Wildflower

avalanches_digital_cover_733be529-9402-4885-a6a2-8e1f4b435d89_1024x1024.jpg

There was a Newbury Comics version with exclusive cover (1000 copies) but OOS in 2 hours.
Vinyl Me Please will have a red variant (2,000 copies) soon.
There is a beautiful deluxe LP on XL Records website (8 panel gatefold, 2LP x 180 gram heavyweight black vinyl and a double-sided 4 panel poster (60cm x 60cm))

avalanchesfronts2.jpg

You can preorder the deluxe LP here for 25£

• Thanks
Thanx @dan8885 for Anderson .Paak. Listened some tracks, it's really good :thumbs::thumbs:

There is a new album for The Avalanches named Wildflower

avalanches_digital_cover_733be529-9402-4885-a6a2-8e1f4b435d89_1024x1024.jpg

There was a Newbury Comics version with exclusive cover (1000 copies) but OOS in 2 hours.
Vinyl Me Please will have a red variant (2,000 copies) soon.
There is a beautiful deluxe LP on XL Records website (8 panel gatefold, 2LP x 180 gram heavyweight black vinyl and a double-sided 4 panel poster (60cm x 60cm))

avalanchesfronts2.jpg

You can preorder the deluxe LP here for 25£

Saw this yesterday at Vinyl Me, Please. I just listened to their first record and I can't get into it. It's considered as a classic by a lot people. Maybe I need to listen to it some more times.
The first single from the new record is "Frankie Sinatra"