Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 598
Reactions: spass and Noodles
@Noodles @dan8885 @spass @Travis Bickle @comICS-soon

Just see this on a email

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

I'm gona try for ex MACHINA at least but I'm not sure I'll be near a Hmv on the 18th.

Would also love to get the clash or velvet underground but probably can only afford 1

Also noodles the Alex turner would be cool and limited to 500 but a missed opportunity with it being a black vinyl instead of having the submarine 3 colours

Oh and the list of re issues are avaliable in Hmv from 18th weeks before anywhere else (apparenty)

Also it's first come first serve, strictly no reservations, arrive early Saturday morning to avoid dissapointment and also a extremely low quantity of all exclusives will be avaliable online from 9am.
Strictly 1 per customer, each customer can get 1 copy of each Exclusive but not multiple copies of the same exclusive

Think I'll just try my luck on Hmv website that morning

Last edited:
@Noodles @dan8885 @spass @Travis Bickle @comICS-soon

Just see this on a email

View attachment 245124 View attachment 245125 View attachment 245126 View attachment 245127 View attachment 245128 View attachment 245129 View attachment 245130

I'm gona try for ex MACHINA at least but I'm not sure I'll be near a Hmv on the 18th.

Would also love to get the clash or velvet underground but probably can only afford 1

Also noodles the Alex turner would be cool and limited to 500 but a missed opportunity with it being a black vinyl instead of having the submarine 3 colours

Oh and the list of re issues are avaliable in Hmv from 18th weeks before anywhere else (apparenty)

Also it's first come first serve, strictly no reservations, arrive early Saturday morning to avoid dissapointment and also a extremely low quantity of all exclusives will be avaliable online from 9am.
Strictly 1 per customer, each customer can get 1 copy of each Exclusive but not multiple copies of the same exclusive

Think I'll just try my luck on Hmv website that morning
Just posted about this before seeing your post :facepalm: lol.

I already have the Submarine soundtrack on black vinyl, so I'm curious as to what is actually exclusive about this one. If I can make it in to town on that date, then I imagine most will be gone by the time I get there, because I certainly won't be arriving at the crack of dawn. Think I'll probably just do the same as you mate and try my luck online.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
BadBadNotGood - IV - 2016

81KhMvmpfBL._SL1200_.jpg

It's happening. On July 8 the Canadian group BadBadNotGood will release their fourth record called fourth (IV). To categorize them in a genre is difficult.
Their last record III was described as "jazz improvisations, lush ballads, kraut rock, & futuristic hip-hop tinged rhythms".
When this talented quartet don't work on their group records they do stuff like producing a whole album with Ghostface Killah (Sour Soul) or helping produce the OST for "The Man with the Iron Fists".

I adore their music and IV is one of the records I can't wait to spin. Maybe it will be 'Artist of the Month July' at Vinyl Me, Please. But that's just a rumor for now.

Pre-order now. 2LP with Download Card.

Amazon.com - 18,04 USD
Amazon.co.uk - 15,99 GBP
Amazon.de - 20,99 EUR

Aphex Twin - Cheetah EP - 2016

61Ej46sSG2L._SL1200_.jpg

What can I say about Aphex Twin. He's a ******* legend. New EP out also on July 8. Read the labels information and you'll know everything you need:

The Aphex Twin Cheetah EP uses digital sound generation techniques combined with wave sequencing technology to bring you sounds with movement and depth rarely found on records today. To assure you that your Cheetah EP will give you many years of enjoyment, please be sure to read the owners manual carefully before attempting to operate the Cheetah EP. All forms of Cheetah EP come encased in high gloss packaging with silver foil detailing to ensure a high quality product experience. We sincerely hope that having battled through the programming of the Cheetah EP, you have now become familiar with the exceptional potential of this record. Includes download card, which includes track 7 (2X202-ST5).

12" with Download Card. Six tracks on vinyl, one track exclusive only included as a download. High gloss packaging with silver foil. Go and get yours!

Amazon.com - 20,99 USD
Amazon.co.uk - Not listed yet
Amazon.de - 15,58 EUR

(There was also limited 2000 copies of Cassettes for pre-order at Warp Records but it's already sold out ... https://bleep.com/release/share/74048-aphex-twin-cheetah-ep)

• Thanks
BJÖRK - Vulnicura Live (Luxury Boxset)

The album is made up of Björk’s favourite performances from her 2015 tour, including all songs on Vulnicura plus some of favourites from previous works.
The songs were performed live with the Alarm Will Sound & Heritage Orchestras, and critically acclaimed artists The Haxan Cloak & Arca.

The Vulnicura Live Luxury Edition boxset will contain a double LP in gatefold sleeve, a CD version of the live album, a 320kbps MP3 download card, a a set of 6 photo prints housed in a glassine sleeve, together with an exclusive 3D Low Polygon Bjork Moth Paper Mask in pieces to build with its own set of instructions included.

Luxury Boxset will ship in September.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-16-at-13.01.57.png Screen-Shot-2016-06-16-at-13.02.23.png

Price: 59,99 GBP
Pre-order here:
http://indian.co.uk/shop/bjork/vulnicura-live-luxury-boxset.html?lf=974a08deaeb58f705ff985f01aaf1a9f

King - We are King - 2016

a1634160324_16.jpg

If you're old enough or checked backwards in time you know that there was a time in the 90s where a genre called RnB was popular. When there were clearer distinctions between R&B, Pop and Rap.
There was artists such as Jodeci, SWV or Sade and Janet Jackson. The music was more lighter and more sensuous. Today it is labeled as Neo-Soul I think.
This is the debut album of the girls trio KING. Their debut EP in 2011 everyone was talking about. Praised by Prince and Questlove from the Roots. Sampled by Kendrick Lamar for his Section 80 record.
Future was bright for King. It took some time but in 2016 now we get the debut album. This record is not going forward. It's a moody record where the vocals are a little bit in the back. It's light listen, modern, dreamy.
It reminds me of a time where things seems to be easier. It will grow on you thats for sure.

CD released back in February, now in July we get the Vinyl. Go to their Bandcamp and bless yourself with the luscious double colored LP for 30 USD. Order will ship on July 18th.

KING - Bandcamp

DJ Shadow - The Mountain Will Fall - 2016

81Mx6LMLvtL._SL1200_.jpg

This year marks the 20th anniversary of DJ Shadows groundbreaking debut "ENTRODUCING". "The Mountain will Fall" is his fifth studio album. The records between 1996 and now are good.
But nothing could reach his legendary debut. What makes DJ Shadow special is he never forced himself to go more mainstream. His records are experimental as it gets and he likes.
On this record in addition to his innovative sampling he is also very active with Ableton Live. We get horns, piano and everything. Play'd by him or talented guys like british jazz trumpeter Matthew Halsall.
Nils Frahm killed the downtempo track "Bergschrund" so much that it is my favorite song atm. Run The Jewels are also on deck. I'm still in listening progress but I can already say I'll buy this gem definitely.

Go Shadow and try the art of sampling. If you don't know Shadow go also for Entroducing. An legendary musician took the time to cook you a fine meal! Bon appetite!

Amazon.com - 26,59 USD
Amazon.co.uk - 20,99 GBP
Amazon.de - 24,99 EUR

• Thanks
La-La Land Records has announced their Comic-Con 2016 releases, including a couple cool soundtracks for vinyl heads. You can see the description of both items below (picture shows a Killing Joke CD, sorry):

STAR TREK 50TH ANNIVERSARY die Cut 12’’ vinyl single! To honor the legendary franchise’s 50th year, we present the Original Series season 3 and season 1 main titles on a delta-shaped die-cut, 180 Gram gold-colored, vinyl 12’’ single – housed in a strikingly attractive jacket featuring the Enterprise. Limited Edition of 1701 units, of course!

WONDER WOMAN 75th ANNIVERSARY 7’’ Picture Disc Vinyl Single! To commemorate 75 years of Wonder Woman, we showcase the legendary 1970’s TV incarnation of the iconic character as portrayed by Lynda Carter, presenting the season 1 and season 3 main titles on a 7’’ vinyl picture disc, featuring Diana Prince on one side, and Wonder Woman on the other – housed in a colorful jacket. Limited Edition of 1000 units!

They do state that soundtracks will also be sold online, starting July 26th. We’ll see if any of these vinyl releases are left over.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-07-at-6.34.28-PM.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles