Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 598
Reactions: spass and Noodles
Two new upcoming Waxwork titles, both go on sale on Wednesdays at NOON (CST) at Mondo:

fc779216-904a-42c0-ba46-4bd5f4092f58.jpg

Contraband - Original Motion Picture Score LP.
Original Score by Fabio Frizzi. Artwork by Graham Humphreys Layout by Jay Shaw. Pressed on 180 Gram Brown vinyl with three different red splatters (Limited to 500 Copies). $25

Fabio Frizzi’s score to the 1980 Lucio Fulci thriller Contraband is surely one on the Maestro’s funkiest excursions record for Lucio Fulco. The main theme is a wonderful melody that is reprised throughout the score with a suitable touch of melodrama. Frizzi’s talent for catchy tunes is always apparent, whether it includes the stereotypical wah-wah pedal effects or some grooving slap bass.
Kept modern by mixing traditional orchestral elements with electric guitar and a wailing sax, there’s always a degree of underlying tension, mainly coming from the brass section, and there’s some amazing moments featuring a big organ and a sleazy keyboard riff. This is even before the uber-catchy ‘You Are Not The Same’, one of Frizzi’s many contributions to the songs of moviedom. Another excellent Frizzi/Fulci-fest!

ad942bd1-b306-4dd3-bef5-effd23472484.jpg

Pentagram Home Video – The Satanic Path LP.
Artwork & Layout by We Buy Your Kids. Pressed on 180 Gram Purple Vinyl with Black color-in-color with download card. Limited to 666 copies. $22

Pentagram Home Video returns with their sophomore record for Death Waltz Originals. Continuing the (satanic) path carved out on their debut LP Who's Out There?, broody analog electronics weave in between a thumping kick drum and snares that can snap a back at 50 paces. What Pentagram does with the '80s infused synth template is give it space to breathe. The music is as much about what's happening in between the bass stabs as the actual melodies themselves, which gives it an other-worldly feel. The only project you could even mildly compare it to is Pye Corner Audio. In a world full of retro synth merchants, PHV stands out because there is no hint of cheesy '80s revisionism here. The music is dark, foreboding and very eerie indeed.

The Grammys 2017 will be on February 12.

There's two Grammys for “Best Recording Package” and “Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package” (Click names to see the releases)

And there's also a Grammy for "Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media" and for "Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media".

This year, the nominees for “Best Recording Package” are:
The nominees for “Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package” are:
The nominees for "Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media" are:
  • Amy — (Various Artists)
  • Miles Ahead — (Miles Davis & Various Artists)
  • Straight Outta Compton — (Various Artists)
  • Suicide Squad (Collector's Edition) — (Various Artists)
  • Vinyl: The Essentials Season 1 — (Various Artists)
The nominees for "Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media":
  • Bridge of Spies — Thomas Newman
  • Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight — Ennio Morricone
  • The Revenant — Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens — John Williams
  • Stranger Things Volume 1 — Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein
  • Stranger Things Volume 2 — Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein
Complete List of Grammy nominations 2017 HERE

The Grammys where yesterday. The winners of these categories are :

“Best Recording Package” - David Bowie - Blackstar
“Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package”- Edith Piaf 1915-2015 (20 CD + 10″ vinyl set, 30-page book)
"Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media" - Miles Ahead - (Miles Davis & Various Artists)
"Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media" - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - John Williams

This is beyond amazing :wow::wow::wow:

Less than a year after opening a record store in Detroit, Jack White’s Third Man will this Saturday open a 10,000-square foot vinyl pressing plant within the same complex.
One of the new factory’s unique features is a viewing window that allows customers to see the pressing process in action. “It’s a natural continuation of what we built with the store front here and the live venue,” White continued. Operating eight of the first newly built presses built in 35 years, plus four extruders, and four hydraulic generators - all brand new

@Noodles @spass @Flloydo @digitalbabe @apsmith21 @Wreck @martinouchou @tridon

How cool is that!

This is unbelievable. Normally all companies use nowadays pressing plants that are already used back in the 70s when Vinyl was popular. There are a very few pressing plants on this planet. For example, in Germany are only three! And there's no company that produce new pressing plants. That's the problem. With the boom of Vinyl atm all pressing plants got years full of schedules. And Third Man just build their own :LOL::wow:

• Thanks
Reactions: spass

Less than a year after opening a record store in Detroit, Jack White’s Third Man will this Saturday open a 10,000-square foot vinyl pressing plant within the same complex.
One of the new factory’s unique features is a viewing window that allows customers to see the pressing process in action. “It’s a natural continuation of what we built with the store front here and the live venue,” White continued. Operating eight of the first newly built presses built in 35 years, plus four extruders, and four hydraulic generators - all brand new

That's incredible! I could literally stand at that window all day... I never tire of seeing how vinyl is made, as it's such a unique and interesting process.

Thanks for sharing mate. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and dan8885

That is awesome good for them!

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885

Amazing, would love to go

That's incredible! I could literally stand at that window all day... I never tire of seeing how vinyl is made, as it's such a unique and interesting process.

Thanks for sharing mate. :thumbs:

Would love that too, and have a whiskey with Mr. white

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
Ed Sheeran’s ÷ is the fastest selling vinyl album for 20 years

An estimated 13,500 albums sold on vinyl in the first week.

Ed Sheeran inexplicably entered the world of vinyl this week, as his new album ÷ became the fastest selling album on the format for twenty years.

According to data shared by the Official Charts Company, Sheeran shifted 419,000 physical copies in the first week, 13,500 of which were vinyl.

In doing so, the record overtook first week sales figures from the likes of David Bowie (who sold more than any other artist in the 12 months to April 2016) and vinyl chart regulars Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and Noel Gallagher.

Downloads included, the album sold 672,000 times in total this week, making ÷ the fastest selling record by a male artist of all time. It has has sold more than the rest of the Official Albums Chart Top 500 combined, and, like for like, four times more than Bowie’s Blackstar, which was the fastest-selling album of 2016 with 146,000 sold in the first week.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Ed Sheeran’s ÷ is the fastest selling vinyl album for 20 years

An estimated 13,500 albums sold on vinyl in the first week.

Ed Sheeran inexplicably entered the world of vinyl this week, as his new album ÷ became the fastest selling album on the format for twenty years.

According to data shared by the Official Charts Company, Sheeran shifted 419,000 physical copies in the first week, 13,500 of which were vinyl.

In doing so, the record overtook first week sales figures from the likes of David Bowie (who sold more than any other artist in the 12 months to April 2016) and vinyl chart regulars Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and Noel Gallagher.

Downloads included, the album sold 672,000 times in total this week, making ÷ the fastest selling record by a male artist of all time. It has has sold more than the rest of the Official Albums Chart Top 500 combined, and, like for like, four times more than Bowie’s Blackstar, which was the fastest-selling album of 2016 with 146,000 sold in the first week.
I'm not really a fan of his music, but that's awesome! Love to see that vinyl is getting bigger and bigger.

• Thanks
I'm not really a fan of his music, but that's awesome! Love to see that vinyl is getting bigger and bigger.

I don't listen to a lot of his stuff but I really appreciate him as a true artist. He's a great singer, songwriter and can play instruments. That's rare nowadays when you look at the charts and the people who are in there.
I just watched an interview with him on the Breakfast Club. He seems like a good dude who not changed after the fame.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I don't listen to a lot of his stuff but I really appreciate him as a true artist. He's a great singer, songwriter and can play instruments. That's rare nowadays when you look at the charts and the people who are in there.
I just watched an interview with him on the Breakfast Club. He seems like a good dude who not changed after the fame.

For sure man... he comes across as a really down to earth guy and deserves all the success he receives. His music certainly isn't crap and I can understand why it is so popular, but it's just not for me is all. :)

• Thanks