Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 598
Reactions: spass and Noodles
@Noodles

You heard much about the new gorillaz album - Humanz?

I can't wait for this but check out the editon that's Exclusive to their store (can get it other places but Jamie howlett has signed this one but I think it's sold out) it has 14 coloured 12" vinyls included with some mega book - hence the price

Both standard and deluxe cd & standard and deluxe vinyl is available from other places like HMV, Amazon, Norman records etc
And hopefully at some point I can get the deluxe vinyl (not the super deluxe vinyl) but ill be happy with the deluxe CD if that sells out (considering I own the rest of their work on CD anyway)

I have one of Jamie's books and his art is just to die for anyway

The gorillaz look really freaky as their human forms!!

Can see all editons here:
http://store.gorillaz.com/uk/

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles

You heard much about the new gorillaz album - Humanz?

I can't wait for this but check out the editon that's Exclusive to their store (can get it other places but Jamie howlett has signed this one but I think it's sold out) it has 14 coloured 12" vinyls included with some mega book - hence the price

Both standard and deluxe cd & standard and deluxe vinyl is available from other places like HMV, Amazon, Norman records etc
And hopefully at some point I can get the deluxe vinyl (not the super deluxe vinyl) but ill be happy with the deluxe CD if that sells out (considering I own the rest of their work on CD anyway)

I have one of Jamie's books and his art is just to die for anyway

The gorillaz look really freaky as their human forms!!

Can see all editons here:
http://store.gorillaz.com/uk/
Yeah man, I tuned in to Radio 1 (hate that station!) just to listen to the debut of their new track. I wasn't sure at first, but their new stuff is growing on me now... I want to hear more of it before I decide whether to buy the album though. I'm loving the different cover arts, especially the one for Noodle! Is Jamie the one that's done the art then? I'm not really familiar with his artwork to be honest. Would love to get the Super Deluxe set, but I'd also love to spend £275 on other things instead! I'll more than likely just get the standard vinyl release or possibly even the deluxe CD if I do decide to get the record at all.

Thanks for the heads up mate. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah man, I tuned in to Radio 1 (hate that station!) just to listen to the debut of their new track. I wasn't sure at first, but their new stuff is growing on me now... I want to hear more of it before I decide whether to buy the album though. I'm loving the different cover arts, especially the one for Noodle! Is Jamie the one that's done the art then? I'm not really familiar with his artwork to be honest. Would love to get the Super Deluxe set, but I'd also love to spend £275 on other things instead! I'll more than likely just get the standard vinyl release or possibly even the deluxe CD if I do decide to get the record at all.

Thanks for the heads up mate. :thumbs:

I always find that with gorillaz, because it's usually quite different and at first it's a bit hmmmm, but it always grows. First album is very blur IMO anyway so that's different.

Yeah noodle, 2D & Murdock Are awesome anyway, I have the kid robot figures and I love them. Not keen on Russell
I always thought your name was because of noodle from gorillaz!

My ex had this framed feel good inc story board and it was amazing

Yeah Jamie is responsible for everything non music, evey picture, book, art work, music video, website art, live tour, weird vid skits - everything is him (except of course fan art)

It's part of the music anyway IMO, the art and style of gorillaz is just as big a their music and go hand in hand. I see them live when plastic beach came out and it's this huge visual show. It's great

Same but I'll hopefully get the deluxe vinyl or cd - would love the deluxe vinyl for the hard book though. But I can't afford that ether lol. It's between £50-£70 depending on the website

• Thanks
I always find that with gorillaz, because it's usually quite different and at first it's a bit hmmmm, but it always grows. First album is very blur IMO anyway so that's different.

Yeah noodle, 2D & Murdock Are awesome anyway, I have the kid robot figures and I love them. Not keen on Russell
I always thought your name was because of noodle from gorillaz!

My ex had this framed feel good inc story board and it was amazing

Yeah Jamie is responsible for everything non music, evey picture, book, art work, music video, website art, live tour, weird vid skits - everything is him (except of course fan art)

It's part of the music anyway IMO, the art and style of gorillaz is just as big a their music and go hand in hand. I see them live when plastic beach came out and it's this huge visual show. It's great

Same but I'll hopefully get the deluxe vinyl or cd - would love the deluxe vinyl for the hard book though. But I can't afford that ether lol. It's between £50-£70 depending on the website
Now that you mention it, I think I felt the same about all of their albums to begin with... I definitely remember not liking Plastic Beach at first anyway, but now I love it!

Haha nah, don't think I was aware of Noodle from Gorillaz when I first got the nickname... funny you should mention that though, as I was also recently asked if my nickname had anything to do with De Niro's character in Once Upon a Time in America, which I hadn't even seen until last year lol.

Damn, that's pretty cool... had no idea Jamie did the videos and everything! I've always been a big fan of the art style too, but obviously never bothered to find out who the artist was. Now I know! :D

Aw man, I've never been to one of their live shows but I've seen footage and they look really well put together... I'd love to see them live for that reason alone!

Hmm I wouldn't mind getting the book either, but there's no chance I can afford it at that price... a price drop would be nice, but I can't see it sticking around long enough for that to happen unfortunately.

• Thanks
Now that you mention it, I think I felt the same about all of their albums to begin with... I definitely remember not liking Plastic Beach at first anyway, but now I love it!

Haha nah, don't think I was aware of Noodle from Gorillaz when I first got the nickname... funny you should mention that though, as I was also recently asked if my nickname had anything to do with De Niro's character in Once Upon a Time in America, which I hadn't even seen until last year lol.

Damn, that's pretty cool... had no idea Jamie did the videos and everything! I've always been a big fan of the art style too, but obviously never bothered to find out who the artist was. Now I know! :D

Aw man, I've never been to one of their live shows but I've seen footage and they look really well put together... I'd love to see them live for that reason alone!

Hmm I wouldn't mind getting the book either, but there's no chance I can afford it at that price... a price drop would be nice, but I can't see it sticking around long enough for that to happen unfortunately.

I'm not sure if Jamie actually directs the videos, he may of done one or two early ones where it's purely animation like the amazing Clint Eastwood - but all design goes through him

Plastic beach has some of the best art, the pic of 2D in a boat with the Bowie hunky dory album gets me every time

You did tell me where your name orignaites from but I forgot, I've already asked you about the gorillaz link but I forgot about de Niro being called that too lol

I've got some gorillaz converse too ( I think you seen them) aswel as some memoribia from that live show like the booklet and some t shirts. A cool stylo one. It's worth checking out the art book - gorillaz: rise of the ogre. Has pretty much everything up to just before plastic beach in that. Lovely big book too

A few years back I also very luckily got all 4 of the kid robot figures including the 5th limited editon Murdock variant for £100 all together on the bay but for some reason I sold Russell because I don't like him. Shouldn't of done that but heyho

Yeah I reakon the book vinyl will sell out but then again you can still get the special radio head a moon shaped pool vinyl with book etc for the same price from Hmv a year later and some other similar edition vinyls

• Thanks
I'm not sure if Jamie actually directs the videos, he may of done one or two early ones where it's purely animation like the amazing Clint Eastwood - but all design goes through him

Plastic beach has some of the best art, the pic of 2D in a boat with the Bowie hunky dory album gets me every time

You did tell me where your name orignaites from but I forgot, I've already asked you about the gorillaz link but I forgot about de Niro being called that too lol

I've got some gorillaz converse too ( I think you seen them) aswel as some memoribia from that live show like the booklet and some t shirts. A cool stylo one. It's worth checking out the art book - gorillaz: rise of the ogre. Has pretty much everything up to just before plastic beach in that. Lovely big book too

A few years back I also very luckily got all 4 of the kid robot figures including the 5th limited editon Murdock variant for £100 all together on the bay but for some reason I sold Russell because I don't like him. Shouldn't of done that but heyho

Yeah I reakon the book vinyl will sell out but then again you can still get the special radio head a moon shaped pool vinyl with book etc for the same price from Hmv a year later and some other similar edition vinyls
Yeah, the animation is what I meant. Pretty cool anyway! Must be very handy having an artist in the band. I remember not even liking Gorillaz when they first came about, but I watched one of their videos countless times just because I liked the animation... and then obviously the song grew on me lol.

I never actually thought to look if they have any art books out there, so will have check out the one you mentioned. :thumbs:

My nickname came from a work colleague during my first job, although my older sister also used to occasionally call me Nicky Noodle when we were kids which I hated back then lol.

Don't think you've ever shown me your converse mate, but I do remember seeing your Kidrobot figures in those photos you sent me through PM... which I still need to reply to! How come you don't like Russel?

Hmm good point... I guess vinyl going OSS is just as hard to predict as steelbooks. Will definitely pick it up if it drops in price at some point anyway, even if I already have the standard release by then.

I always think about Once upon a time in America when I read your nickname @Noodles :D it's one of my very favorite movies!

Regarding your topic, Gorillaz - Demon Days is Record of the Month April at Vinyl me, please

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/record-of-the-month/

Haha really? Awesome! When I watched the film for the first time last year and realised his nickname was Noodles, it surprised me that no one had ever mentioned it to me before lol.

Ohh man, that looks awesome! I don't actually have any of their albums on vinyl, and Demon Days is possibly my favourite of theirs, so would love to have gotten that!

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the sound of vinyl have a crazy good vinyl Easter sale which includes some cure, ghostface Killah, the who, some soundtracks and many more including lil' Wayne tha Carter 1 & 2 for £8 each - both double vinyl and I believe they might be the 2016 RSD with lenti covers that are always on sale for around the £40 mark!!! Not sure how they are selling them for £8 unless it's not the RSD versions

2xLPs for £8 (selected)
1xLPs for £8 (selected)
Boxsets from £20
7" & EPs for £3

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/-8-on-Selected-2LP/

Last edited:
Yeah, the animation is what I meant. Pretty cool anyway! Must be very handy having an artist in the band. I remember not even liking Gorillaz when they first came about, but I watched one of their videos countless times just because I liked the animation... and then obviously the song grew on me lol.

I never actually thought to look if they have any art books out there, so will have check out the one you mentioned. :thumbs:

My nickname came from a work colleague during my first job, although my older sister also used to occasionally call me Nicky Noodle when we were kids which I hated back then lol.

Don't think you've ever shown me your converse mate, but I do remember seeing your Kidrobot figures in those photos you sent me through PM... which I still need to reply to! How come you don't like Russel?

Hmm good point... I guess vinyl going OSS is just as hard to predict as steelbooks. Will definitely pick it up if it drops in price at some point anyway, even if I already have the standard release by then.

Haha really? Awesome! When I watched the film for the first time last year and realised his nickname was Noodles, it surprised me that no one had ever mentioned it to me before lol.

Ohh man, that looks awesome! I don't actually have any of their albums on vinyl, and Demon Days is possibly my favourite of theirs, so would love to have gotten that!

Jamie's not technically in the band. It kinda started as a art project one off, after he developed tank girl etc and after blur originally split up he went to albarn with the idea of putting music with art. Just so happened the idea was for 4 gorillaz who crashed on earth from space etc (Dennis hopper tells the story in demon days as you know)

It was a bit daft punk at first as in albarn didn't want much publicity about him being in it and the act was the gorillaz are real etc even though albarn is technically murdoc/ 2D

But over time it all developed and got bigger than they ever imagined. Artists wanted to work with them which is why from the second album (DD) it's features more rappers/ singers/ Collabs in general and became a music story etc

That's why the third album (plastic beach) things had gone t*ts up and they were on the run plus noodle was replaced by a robot etc. Russell had become huge and all had their own thing going on.

But they have such a huge following all over the world - Japan especially that things like their special editons do go quick. I was surprised I got tickets (I filmed like 3 songs when I see them and watched earlier funnily enough)

Yeah the converse are in with the same pics mate lol

I'm surprised pop vinyl never did gorillaz editons - now those I would buy

Dunno, just don't like he way he looks compared to the other 3 and the first 2 albums are my favourite

They also have the D-Sides album and the album that was made on his iPad while touring the plastic beach tour - the fall (very different to other albums) - I'm pretty sure each track is recorded in a different state on the US tour and named after it

I'm still hoping they do a film but it keeps getting cancelled or put back - that would be mad

But I can't wait to hear the new album but was kinda hoping Mos def would be back on it (my fav rapper)

Also regret not getting the demon dayz vinyl - think my ex might of had it - she was mad over them (more than me) and noodles lol

Last edited:
@Noodles

When you wana join the revolution and listen to one of your favourite bands new album a week early and join in on the Gorillaz House Party but it's over 24 miles away :( :banghead:

image.png

By the way their app is quite cool, it's all VR and get to go to their house, also if you haven't already then check out their new music video on YouTube - Saturnz Barz... It's f*cking crazy! It's all VR inside the music video and you can move your phone around the whole video. Very impressive

They also did their first ever live interview on Friday and that's very impressive. They must of done it as motion capture. The technology is getting too good now and maybe Jamie and Damon's dream will
Come true in a few years of having a proper 3D tour interacting on stage and with the crowd

Can't wait for the new album

@Noodles

When you wana join the revolution and listen to one of your favourite bands new album a week early and join in on the Gorillaz House Party but it's over 24 miles away :( :banghead:

View attachment 307335

By the way their app is quite cool, it's all VR and get to go to their house, also if you haven't already then check out their new music video on YouTube - Saturnz Barz... It's f*cking crazy! It's all VR inside the music video and you can move your phone around the whole video. Very impressive

They also did their first ever live interview on Friday and that's very impressive. They must of done it as motion capture. The technology is getting too good now and maybe Jamie and Damon's dream will
Come true in a few years of having a proper 3D tour interacting on stage and with the crowd

Can't wait for the new album
Didn't know about the app, so cheers for the heads up on that one mate. :thumbs:

I watched their VR video for Saturnz Barz a few weeks ago and couldn't help but constantly pause it to look around each room lol. Very cool idea!

I only caught a few minutes of that interview and had wondered how they'd done it... I thought maybe it was pre-edited or something, but the motion capture thing would be awesome if true, as it could lead to some really big things for them like you said.

I'm literally counting down the days for their new album, which is actually on my sister's birthday (also the same day we get our new dog lol). I've been listening to their five currently released tracks on repeat since they released them, so I'm desperate for more! :D

• Thanks
Didn't know about the app, so cheers for the heads up on that one mate. :thumbs:

I watched their VR video for Saturnz Barz a few weeks ago and couldn't help but constantly pause it to look around each room lol. Very cool idea!

I only caught a few minutes of that interview and had wondered how they'd done it... I thought maybe it was pre-edited or something, but the motion capture thing would be awesome if true, as it could lead to some really big things for them like you said.

I'm literally counting down the days for their new album, which is actually on my sister's birthday (also the same day we get our new dog lol). I've been listening to their five currently released tracks on repeat since they released them, so I'm desperate for more! :D

Yea app is cool

Ah see I had seen the video but only found out about the VR video on Friday, I was freaking out lol

Maybe it's because I use the You-player app and not YouTube even though I have both. I was trying to explain to my mum how Gorillaz by Friday afternoon had revolutionised music once again with the house party in 500 locations around the world, first interview and that music video lol (by the way the foals did one about a yeah and half ago and that Cool but saturnz is better - I have a feeling you like the foals Anyway) and she just did not care hahahaha

She thought the vid was cool though

I'm assuming the closest for you was Manchester?

Well I think it was motion capture, it had to be because it was apparently live at the time and it was sooo smooth and worked really well. And really funny. Murdocs laugh always gets me
And 2d taking the p*ss out of saturnz barz - what the Irish one? Lol

Yeah me too, love the current tracks especially the one with pusha T - Let me out and I've been binging D- sides and demon days constantly for about 2 weeks lol. Just love them

I heard a rumour Kanye is on a track and Coldplay too but I'm not sure if it's true, they're not credited but then neither is Noel Gallagher and he's on we got the power with the savages girl. So I reakon more names are included who aren't credited. Classic albarn

Does she know what dog she's getting?

• Thanks
@Flloydo @Noodles I was listening to the new Gorillaz yesterday when I visited the shops for RSD. Amazed me how good it is. Will definitely cop the vinyl!

Yeah I can't wait mate

Was you listening to the whole album with the Gorillaz house party? or listening to the 5 tracks they already released?

I'm gonna pick up the deluxe cd for now but hopefully try and get the deluxe vinyl with the art book later in the year, fingers crossed. Just don't have that kind of money for it at the mo

Yea app is cool

Ah see I had seen the video but only found out about the VR video on Friday, I was freaking out lol

Maybe it's because I use the You-player app and not YouTube even though I have both. I was trying to explain to my mum how Gorillaz by Friday afternoon had revolutionised music once again with the house party in 500 locations around the world, first interview and that music video lol (by the way the foals did one about a yeah and half ago and that Cool but saturnz is better - I have a feeling you like the foals Anyway) and she just did not care hahahaha

She thought the vid was cool though

I'm assuming the closest for you was Manchester?

Well I think it was motion capture, it had to be because it was apparently live at the time and it was sooo smooth and worked really well. And really funny. Murdocs laugh always gets me
And 2d taking the p*ss out of saturnz barz - what the Irish one? Lol

Yeah me too, love the current tracks especially the one with pusha T - Let me out and I've been binging D- sides and demon days constantly for about 2 weeks lol. Just love them

I heard a rumour Kanye is on a track and Coldplay too but I'm not sure if it's true, they're not credited but then neither is Noel Gallagher and he's on we got the power with the savages girl. So I reakon more names are included who aren't credited. Classic albarn

Does she know what dog she's getting?
Haha you can always count on mums to show zero interest/enthusiasm for stuff like that... I've given up with trying to convince mine how cool steelbooks are. :p

You're probably right. I need to watch more of it though... I literally caught like a minute or two, and the guy interviewing them was doing most of the talking during those few minutes. I'm not sure if I've ever even heard Murdoc laugh now that you mention it!

Aha same here... been listening to their new tracks and older albums on repeat. Think I've fallen in love with Plastic Beach even more now too, which is kinda funny considering I used to say it was possibly my least favourite of theirs.

I'd seen a few comments around social media saying Kanye was on the new album, but I thought it was probably just a rumour. That's pretty cool if true though! I know he receives a lot of flack nowadays, but I'm a big fan of his music.

We're getting a Westie mate... she's already put a deposit down on one, but it's still too young to leave it's mum at the moment, which is why we have to wait until the 28th.

• Thanks
Haha you can always count on mums to show zero interest/enthusiasm for stuff like that... I've given up with trying to convince mine how cool steelbooks are. :p

You're probably right. I need to watch more of it though... I literally caught like a minute or two, and the guy interviewing them was doing most of the talking during those few minutes. I'm not sure if I've ever even heard Murdoc laugh now that you mention it!

Aha same here... been listening to their new tracks and older albums on repeat. Think I've fallen in love with Plastic Beach even more now too, which is kinda funny considering I used to say it was possibly my least favourite of theirs.

I'd seen a few comments around social media saying Kanye was on the new album, but I thought it was probably just a rumour. That's pretty cool if true though! I know he receives a lot of flack nowadays, but I'm a big fan of his music.

We're getting a Westie mate... she's already put a deposit down on one, but it's still too young to leave it's mum at the moment, which is why we have to wait until the 28th.

Can't say I've tried to convince her on how cool steels are. She hates the packages I get anyway so best to keep those to myself lol

Ah tbh they do most the talking. Really cool interview

Also been listening to a lot of plastic beach too, and I go on and off that album but im back on, probably because of the new album soon though, I used to hate glitter freeze and welcome to plastic beach with snoop but I really like them now.

Oh me too, been into him since he produces the blue print and then his first album ( I love album 1,2 & 5) but I he's an absolute tool of a human. South Park got it spot on with fish sticks! One of the best episodes ever.
I just laugh at his antics now because they are so unreal and crazy!
I also thought it was someone trying to start a rumour but i wouldn't be surprised, he would kinda fit with them especially the way his style is on the last 2 albums and life of Pablo is quite gorilla esque at times

Ah cool, I wanted a westie for years. Yeah they need to stay with the mum if they can. Is this the first dog for the family?
My dogs are sooo weird. Ones just a aggy b*stard but I love him to bits ( he's the one who reminds me of loads of things like a T. rex from Jurassic park, Elliot from the new Petes dragon and Sir Didymus from labyrinth! Lol - its hard to explain) and the other is like part old grumpy man and part seal! (Haha even harder to explain!)

• Thanks
Yeah I can't wait mate

Was you listening to the whole album with the Gorillaz house party? or listening to the 5 tracks they already released?

I'm gonna pick up the deluxe cd for now but hopefully try and get the deluxe vinyl with the art book later in the year, fingers crossed. Just don't have that kind of money for it at the mo

I was listening to lets say an early online release :whistle: I do this from time to time to sample records if it's worth a purchase. Only for listening when I'm on the go since I don't buy digital albums. Or rarely. I just did with the new Kendrick though. At home I listen to Apple Music and Vinyl. But both I can't listen to when I'm on my way to work or whatever. Too much records get released these days and too much mediocre records that last for 2 weeks and then you move on. Got no money for that.

I listened to the record again yesterday on the hi-fi system from my girlfriend and I must say I didn't liked it as much as I was listening to on my iPhone. It was very stressful and loud. We only made it half the album and turned it off. Maybe it's something you listen to in a car or on the go and not at home playing Backgammon :LOL: I'll give it another shot at some point.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
I was listening to lets say an early online release :whistle: I do this from time to time to sample records if it's worth a purchase. Only for listening when I'm on the go since I don't buy digital albums. Or rarely. I just did with the new Kendrick though. At home I listen to Apple Music and Vinyl. But both I can't listen to when I'm on my way to work or whatever. Too much records get released these days and too much mediocre records that last for 2 weeks and then you move on. Got no money for that.

I listened to the record again yesterday on the hi-fi system from my girlfriend and I must say I didn't liked it as much as I was listening to on my iPhone. It was very stressful and loud. We only made it half the album and turned it off. Maybe it's something you listen to in a car or on the go and not at home playing Backgammon :LOL: I'll give it another shot at some point.

Ahh lol

I've been there mate and same, I don't have Apple Music or Spotify so I use YouTube as one example if don't own it - and other resources. but at home I'm cd, vinyl, online or my iPod through a system. Most my rap and indie/ rock is on CD from back in the day and I have thousands of CDs lol but all that's on my iTunes/ iPod now anyway from ripping on to it from my CDs over the years.

I don't really buy many CDs anymore either, I used to buy about 5 albums + a week for about 10 years but calmed down a couple of years ago. Mainly vinyl now and the same with choosing what I buy carefully because like you say some "new"
Music just don't last, tbh only bands I get excited about nowadays for new material are arctic monkeys, Radiohead, vampire weekend, Gorillaz and a few others. I don't even get that excited about hip hop or rap anymore as most my favourite artists are past it so I'm always listening to older stuff.
I know their new album will be a keeper for me though, already love what I heard and binge their other albums a lot anyway (i put a list together recently of my favourite artists/ bands etc and narrowed it down to 16 in the end. I have hundreds I love and adore but I broke it down to bands or artists I'm crazy over and pretty much love 100% or their material, albums, songs, b sides etc and Gorillaz made the cut but then so did blur. I'm a big albarn fan lol)

Haha backgammon and Gorillaz sounds like a interesting mix

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885