Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 598
Reactions: spass and Noodles
Mondo Newsletter:
"this week we have a huge set of new releases for you, but you're going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out what they are! If you were paying attention this time last year, you may already have an inkling of what we have up our sleeves... "

Are there pictures anywhere of the Gorillaz Humanz Deluxe Vinyl? Not the 500 EUR set, the 65 EUR set @Flloydo @Noodles
I can't find anything. Still deciding if it's worth to spend the extra 40 EUR on the Deluxe.

Edit: Aw I think I found it

Damn, that looks nice! I'd be tempted to get it for full price if I could actually afford it.

Thanks for sharing mate. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Damn, that looks nice! I'd be tempted to get it for full price if I could actually afford it.

I'm listening to the full thing right now on Apple Music. Great record! It grows on me but I got 3-4 instant favorites already.
I've ordered the Deluxe just now from HHV.de. It's 65 EUR over here. I guess it will sell out so if I don't like it it's probably easy to sell it. But from what I saw I'll probably keep it anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Are there pictures anywhere of the Gorillaz Humanz Deluxe Vinyl? Not the 500 EUR set, the 65 EUR set @Flloydo @Noodles
I can't find anything. Still deciding if it's worth to spend the extra 40 EUR on the Deluxe.

Edit: Aw I think I found it

Hey Dan,

I've spent the last 3 days looking for unboxing videos (because some got them early) and haven't found zilch (even today) but did find some pics so a massive thank
You for posting. It's beautiful, their art always gets me. Unreal

Same, I'd pay £50/£55 but some have it around that price and some much higher. If it's still around on my bday ill possibly get it

I ordered the deluxe cd anyway - well I won a second chance offer for quite cheap lol sealed too

I'm listening to the full thing right now on Apple Music. Great record! It grows on me but I got 3-4 instant favorites already.
I've ordered the Deluxe just now from HHV.de. It's 65 EUR over here. I guess it will sell out so if I don't like it it's probably easy to sell it. But from what I saw I'll probably keep it anyway.

Nice, glad your enjoying it and bought it. I'm sure your love it for the art alone. Well done mate, jealous too and I'm a biiiiig fan but just can't afford it the mo

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
Hey Dan,

I've spent the last 3 days looking for unboxing videos (because some got them early) and haven't found zilch (even today) but did find some pics so a massive thank
You for posting. It's beautiful, their art always gets me. Unreal

Same, I'd pay £50/£55 but some have it around that prove and some much higher. If it's still around on my bday ill possibly get it

I ordered the deluxe cd anyway - well I won a second chance offer for quite cheap lol sealed too

Nice, glad your enjoying it and bought it. I'm sure your love it for the art alone. Well done mate, jealous too and I'm a biiiiig fan but just can't afford it the mo

Strange that there's no unboxing on YT. I've searched everywhere. Good ol' IG helps out.

I still feel I overspend on this but like I said, if I don't like it I don't see too much loss when I would sell it. The record is great and the book looks creative and quality.

I also would've passed since I spend too much already this month. But I just sold some Steelbooks so I got funds available to spend. Decided to go for the Gorillaz plus two other records (El Michels Affair - Enter the 37th Chamber and El Michels Affair - Return to the 37th Chamber, highly recommended for everyone who loves Wu-Tang/Instrumental beats). And the rest of the funds I'll spend today on the Pilotpriest release by Waxwork. I listened to the record the last days on Bandcamp (link in thread OP) and LOVE it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Strange that there's no unboxing on YT. I've searched everywhere. Good ol' IG helps out.

I still feel I overspend on this but like I said, if I don't like it I don't see too much loss when I would sell it. The record is great and the book looks creative and quality.

I also would've passed since I spend too much already this month. But I just sold some Steelbooks so I got funds available to spend. Decided to go for the Gorillaz plus two other records (El Michels Affair - Enter the 37th Chamber and El Michels Affair - Return to the 37th Chamber, highly recommended for everyone who loves Wu-Tang/Instrumental beats). And the rest of the funds I'll spend today on the Pilotpriest release by Waxwork. I listened to the record the last days on Bandcamp (link in thread OP) and LOVE it.

Let me know what you think of the set when you get it

The deluxe cd has a 20 page booklet so I'm looking forward to that plus it's has a 6 fold panel with the Humanz pics - it will match the rest of the stuff I have which is cd form anyway

Before you said Wu tang I read the 37 chamber and thought hold on..... Hold on.... This sounds like Wu tang but read the guys name again and never heard of him and then read your comment on Wu tang beats and intrumentals

You know I love the Wu anyway (was listening to forever yesterday) 36 chambers is one of my all time favs. I do have that on vinyl

RZA beats are too good. Like a weapon

When I did my top artists/ bands etc the other week they are in my top 20. I did 15 or 16 (need to check the list and then 4 or 5 just outside of my top by a fraction) and Wu are also In that, Along with gorillaz, mos Def, outkast and hova

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Let me know what you think of the set when you get it

The deluxe cd has a 20 page booklet so I'm looking forward to that plus it's has a 6 fold panel with the Humanz pics - it will match the rest of the stuff I have which is cd form anyway

Before you said Wu tang I read the 37chambwr and thought hold on..... Hold on.... This sound like Wu tang but read the guys name again and never heard of him and then read your comment on Wu tang beats and intrumentals

You know I love the Wu anyway (was listening to forever yesterday)

RZA beats are too good. Like a weapon

When I did my top artists/ bands etc the other week they are in my top 20. I did 15 or 16 (need to check the list and then 4 or 5 just outside of my top by a fraction) and Wu are also In that, Along with gorillaz, mos Def, outkast and hova

WU-TANG IS FOREVER :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
WU-TANG IS FOREVER :drool:

Shame on a N...... Is one of my fav tracks so that was cool. And kids singing makes it cool too, I love that on some hip hop songs where they get kid choirs and stuff - it works well

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Yeah yeah yeahs are re releasing their debut "Fever to Tell" remastered in a very cool box set.

image.jpeg

• Limited Edition, Signed & Numbered / 2,000 Worldwide
  • 2LPs – 180g audiophile black vinyl for the first time ever
  • Original album newly remastered by Stephen Marcussen
  • 29 Audio Tracks
  • 9 unreleased four-track recorded demos
  • 8 B-sides/Rarities – 2 previously unreleased “Shake It” and “Boogers”
  • 5 newspaper lyric posters with exclusive photos by Nick Zinner, Spike Jonze, Lance Bangs, Julian Gross, Patrick Daughters and Cintamani Calise
  • Deluxe Box Exclusives:
    • 164-page hardbound photo book of Nick Zinner’s personal photos plus 16 pages from Karen O’s personal notebook
    • Iron-on patch
    • Collectable sticker
    • Champagne Cork 8GB USB Stick includes:
      • 29 Audio Tracks
      • 90+ minutes of video content including 26 mins of unreleased, unseen behind-the-scenes footage from 2003 UK tour, live performances, 2 fan films and 4 music videos
    • Photo Card – each box will feature 1 of 10 various photos hand selected by Nick Zinner from his personal photos that will be signed by all 3 members of the band
    • Fishnet stockings will wrap the outside of the box
  • First 500 Deluxe Box buyerswill receive a bonus cassette with 4 additional exclusive, unreleased demo bonus tracks with handwritten labels by the band
TRACKLISTING:

LP 1 / Side A
Original Album Newly Remastered
  1. Rich
  2. Date With The Night
  3. Man
  4. Tick
  5. Black Tongue
  6. Pin
  7. Cold Light
LP 1 / Side B

1. No No No
  2. Maps
  3. Y Control
  4. Modern Romance
LP 2 / Side A
Previously Unreleased
  1. Date With The Night (Four Track Demo)
  2. Black Tongue (Four Track Demo)
  3. Pin (Four Track Demo)
  4. Maps (Early Four Track Demo)
  5. Poor Song (Four Track Demo)
  6. Tick (Four Track Demo)
  7. Shot Down (Four Track Demo)
  8. Ooh Ooh Ooh (Four Track Demo)
  9. Maps (Four Track Demo)
LP 2 / Side B
B-sides & Rarities
  1. Shake It – Previously Unreleased
  2. Machine
  3. Modern Things
  4. Graveyard
  5. Shot Down
  6. Yeah! New York
  7. Boogers – Previously Unreleased
  8. Countdown
VIDEO (Over 102 minutes)

1. There Is No Modern Romance (Tour Documentary by Patrick Daughters & Stephen Berger) 26 mins of unreleased, unseen behind-the-scenes video of the band on their 2003 UK tour
  2. Fukuoka Nagoya Osaka Tokyo (Japan Tour Behind The Scenes)
  3. They Don’t Love Like I Love You (Interviews by Lance Bangs & Spike Jonze)
  4. Maps (Official Video)
  5. Date With The Night (Official Video)
  6. Y Control (Official Video)
  7. Pin (Official Video)
  8. Y-Control (Live at Fillmore San Francisco)
  9. Black Tongue (Live at Fillmore San Francisco)
  10. Maps (Live at Fillmore San Francisco)
  11. Rich (Live at Fillmore San Francisco)
  12. Miles Away (Live at Fillmore San Francisco)
  13. Poor Song (Live at Fillmore San Francisco)
CASSETTE **Limited to first 500 Deluxe Box Customers**

1. Phone Jam
  2. Art Star (Four Track Demo)
  3. Bang (Four Track Demo)
  4. Our Time (Four Track Demo)

https://shop.yeahyeahyeahs.com/products/limited-edition-fever-to-tell-box-set

Absolutely fantastic album and would love this but $195 without shipping counts me out :(

There is also a standard vinyl remaster re release but it don't include any of the unreleased tracks

https://shop.yeahyeahyeahs.com/products/fever-to-tell-vinyl-and-newsprint

@Noodles

Reactions: Noodles
Just saw the Blob Soundtrack on the Mondo site, but says Sold Out already ?!

https://mondotees.com/products/the-blob-original-motion-picture-soundtrack?variant=13540887003229

The_Blob_Frontcover_1024x1024.jpg
@spawnshop Pink/Purple Swirl Variant sold out very quickly with mondo and light in the attic records websites
There is a few different colour variants with different retailers and a black vinyl edition

I will post details of the other colour variants later tomorrow if they still available by then

For now
Zavvi have an exclusive variant purple vinyl
https://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/t...-purple-lp-200-pieces-worldwide/11872137.html

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spawnshop
These are aweosme. Disney marvel and some famous hip hop artists have teamed up.
Each feature art from a comic to represent the rapper. You can pick these up and zavvi, HMV, sound of vinyl etc and seem to be 2 versions of each on sound of vinyl with a editon of each without the lenti cover and comic.

LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out (Marvel Hip-Hop Variant Cover -Punisher) - Deluxe Edition 2XLP

Description
Includes: Exclusive Marvel Comic Book and Hip-Hop Variant Cover Lenticular

Features:

Opaque Red vinyl
Artist and illustrator Tim Bradstreet reimagines The Punisher on the cover of this Marvel variant hip-hop cover, paying homage to LL Cool J’s fan-favourite, Mama Said Knock You Out. The record, released in 1990 via Def Jam Records, was mostly produced by Marley Marl and eventually was certified double Platinum by the RIAA. Its title song nabbed LL the Best Rap Solo Performance at the 1992 Grammy Awards.

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/l...er-punisher-deluxe-edition-2xlp/11933136.html

https://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/mama-said-knock-you-out-(marvel-cover)

47CB0E44-0DF3-4913-BF20-45EBF4171C8D.jpeg

50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Marvel Hip-Hop Cover Variant - Invincible Iron Man) - Deluxe Edition 2xLP

Description

Features:

Translucent Red vinyl
American comic book artist Brian Stelfreeze pays homage to Queens MC 50 Cent’s debut studio album, Get Rich Or Die Tryin’, for this Marvel variant hip-hop cover featuring Invicible Iron Man. The 2003 album, executive produced by Dr. Dre and Eminem, was a critically acclaimed commercial success, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and selling over 800,000 copies in its first week. Get Rich Or Die Tryin’ was the best-selling album of 2003 and is now certified 6x Platinum.

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/5...le-iron-man-deluxe-edition-2xlp/11933135.html

https://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/get-rich-or-die-tryin-(marvel-cover)

9DF7BF39-9C0E-4F5C-9610-8BFB2CFB49CE.jpeg

GZA - Liquid Swords (Marvel Hip-Hop Variant Cover - Contest Of Champions) - Deluxe Edition 2xLP

Description

Features:

Sea Glass vinyl
This Marvel variant cover was designed by Denys Cowan (pencils), Bill Sienkiewicz (inks) and Chris Sotomayor (colors) and recasts Contest of Champions as GZA’s cover art for the classic Liquid Swords album. The critically acclaimed album was released in November 1995 and was mostly done within a year at fellow Wu-Tang Clan member and producer RZA’s basement studio in Staten Island. Liquid Swords features guest appearances from the entire Wu-Tang Clan and has become one of the most influential hip-hop albums of all time.

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/g...f-champions-deluxe-edition-2xlp/11933134.html

https://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/liquid-swords-(marvel-cover)

47866DB6-8A95-43F5-A1E3-6D1E89528D72.jpeg

All variants at sound of vinyl: (with or without the lenti and comic)

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/search.html?term=Marvel

I’ve pre ordered 50 & GZA