Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.86 star(s) Rating: 3.86/5 7 Votes
Title: Leave The World Behind

Director: Sam Esmail

Cast: Julia Roberts, Denzel Washington

Plot: A husband and wife as head out to a remote corner of Long Island expecting a vacation with their teenage son and daughter. When the owners of the rental return in a panic one night after they say a sudden blackout has swept through the city, the couple aren't sure what to believe. With the TV and internet down and no cell service, the two families are forced into a tense living situation.

I hear you & agree we're not at the recovery point yet, post Covid... maybe I'm just greatful for what I perceive to be a more eclectic range of movies, this last year. There was something for everyone imo. It's great to see non English-speaking movies getting acclaim too. I feel like this is slowly becoming more prominent. The more "Past Lives" & "The Holdovers" that are done so well and are successful... the more likely we will be to get more high-calibre, character-driven, non-action dramas too. I think you'd have to go back a few years to find something akin and as good to those! And we got both in one year!

We upped 2022 for sure... Let's hope we continue the trajectory

Oh and definitely see Poor Things, it's tremendous and Mark Ruffalo & Emma Stone are equally so... just don't take the mother-in-law

Last edited:
No Fallen Leaves ? :naughty:

I must admit, never seen Mr. Robot. I know I know. But so many excellent series and films. But it's on my watch list for sure.
I've not seen that one yet unfortunately... I've a list of movies still to see from 2023. That was just what I managed to go see! Definitely on the list. Often great movies have shorter times in the cinema... at least in UK. Sometimes none! For instance The Holdovers only has a limited release here... which is CRIMINAL.

My yet to see list;

Dream Scenario

Anatomy of a fall

Fallen leaves!

May December

Godland

Zone Of Interest

Beau is Afraid

Asteroid City

Further recommendations are welcome

Reactions: Space Cadet