Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 25th, 2016
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Zavvi.com
Price: £19.99 (Zavvi) - £22.99 (Amazon UK - HMV)

11177611-1444338654432081.jpg

11177611-2074338654441258.jpg

11177611-2054338652311021.jpg

Last edited:
Really like the look of this steelbook with its elegant b/w external art and its simple yet effective image of what looks like a giant Luger as well as the colour internal artwork and the 'bossed title in blood red.
Particularly like the framing of the artwork and the way it melds into the frame. A quite classy-looking steelbook IMO.
The only improvement to this artwork (IMO) would be the removal of the brothers Kray from the front.

Haven't caught this yet but by many accounts Tom Hardy playing the role of both brothers is "legendary" and easily the best thing in it.

Hopefully it will rank alongside some of the other marvellous Brit mobster flics from "Brighton Rock" (1947) to more modern goodies such as "Sexy Beast" (2000) and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" (1998).

Anybody prefer the 1990 film starring the brothers Kemp to this ?

Will probably buy the transforming lenticular slipcover Amaray first when it's under a tenner - of the HMV Exclusive "Benjamin Button" (or the HMV Exclusive "Terminator Genisys") lenti slip type where one image is transformed to another when viewed from a totally different viewing angle - in that case Brad Pitt transforms into Cate Blanchett - in this case Reggie transforms into Ronnie.
This lovely steelbook is a definite purchase . . . at a later date though.

Last edited:
I'm going to wait for a price drop before I pull the trigger. I can wait a few months plus it's avaliable from enough stores

Front looks really good.
Not sure about the back but the front is a winner.

Is it only the legend that's raised @jayscott1969

It's lovely but is it just the light but does it have a long line dent all the way along the front bottom?

Not seen this movie yet but I love Tom Hardy. This steelbook looks great, especially the front and inside out. May wait for a hopeful cheeky little price drop but I would certainly like it.

Really a great looking steelbook! Not a cheap one, but I'm still thinking about getting it simply because Legend was just released here in the cinemas and it's going to take a while to release it here on Blu-ray...

Thanks for the pics @jayscott1969 !

After "Bad Boys 2" it's great to see another lovely quality steelbook :thumbs:

I may be wrong. But is this Studiocanals first embossed steelbook??
You're almost right and out of mine I can only spot 5 with 'bossing though there are gaps in the collection so could well be more.
((1) WITHNAIL AND I (2) CITY OF GOD (3) RUSH (4) THE AVIATOR (5) PADDINGTON)

Last edited: