nutcaseshy

Steelbook Addict
Premium Supporter
Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: October 12, 2021
Purchase links: DiabolikDVD - Zavvi USA - Grindhouse Video - Amazon
Price: $34.99
Notes: To get correct USA price on Zavvi USA website set both Shipping to and Region & Language to USA

204842685_4466788010021825_5044405524639351394_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Features and Technical Specs:

DISC ONE: US THEATRICAL CUT
  • New 2K restoration of the US Theatrical Cut from original materials including a 4K scan of the original negative
  • New commentary by Paul M. Sammon author of Ridley Scott: The Making of His Movies
  • 2002 Reconstructed isolated score by Tangerine Dream
  • Isolated music and effects track
  • A Fairytale in Pinewood, new featurette interviewing grip David Cadwalladr, costume designer Charles Knode, co-star Annabelle Lanyon, camera operator Peter MacDonald, set decorator Ann Mollo and draftsman John Ralph
  • Incarnations of a Legend, comparison featurette written and narrated by critic Travis Crawford
  • The Directors: Ridley Scott, 2003 documentary where the director discusses his career, including Legend
  • "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" music video by Bryan Ferry
DISC TWO: DIRECTOR'S CUT
  • Commentary by Ridley Scott
  • Creating A Myth: Memories of Legend, a 2002 documentary with interviews with Ridley Scott, William Hjortsberg, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, Rob Bottin and others
  • Original promotional featurette
  • Alternate 'Four Goblins' opening and 'The Fairie Dance' deleted scene
  • Storyboard galleries for three deleted scenes
  • Two drafts of William Hjortsberg's screenplay
  • Alternate footage from the overseas release plus textless footage
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Still galleries
ADDITIONAL SPECS:
  • Illustrated perfect-bound book with new writing by Nicholas Clement and Kat Ellinger and archive materials including production notes and a 2002 interview with Charles de Lauzirika about the restoration of the Director's Cut
  • Large double-sided poster with newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin
  • Glossy full-color portraits of the cast photographed by Annie Leibovitz
  • Six double-sided postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts

For anyone curious why this is not on a 4K UHD disc, read the Twitter thread from Arrow:

Interesting read and at least they bother to explain why it's not feasible..... I see the old bugbear rights issues in different countries came into play...... I'll bite on this version as I always hated the UK release and much prefered the USA release

Ohh i love this movie and hope this gets a uk release with the goldsmith soundtrack, UK version.

The USA version I didnt enjoy as much and while I usually love Tangerine Dream on this their soundtrack was just too distracting.

not sure about the choice of art, I would have preferred the art on the book as the cover especially if they did a steelbook version as well.

maybe zavvi uk will do one.

tim curry legend GIF by absurdnoise

Last edited:
Don't know why but, I added this edition and the original artwork edition to my basket with Zavvi US and the price was $34.99 each.
When I went to check out, with postage to the UK, the price shot up to $69.99 for each.
Is their any reason for this, tax, customs etc?

I am legitimately FURIOUS that there has been no mention of a UK release. I LOVE this film, and I need to be able to purchase this impressive edition of it!

Reactions: snow flake
I am legitimately FURIOUS that there has been no mention of a UK release. I LOVE this film, and I need to be able to purchase this impressive edition of it!
Arrow don't have the distribution rights for UK

UK rights for Legend 1985 was with 20th Century Fox (Now Disney as they own Fox catalouge after they purchased Fox)

USA rights are with Universal which arrow licenced from

Don't know why but, I added this edition and the original artwork edition to my basket with Zavvi US and the price was $34.99 each.
When I went to check out, with postage to the UK, the price shot up to $69.99 for each.
Is their any reason for this, tax, customs etc?
Zavvi USA website is now separate to Zavvi UK and the other Zavvi international websites

To purchase from Zavvi USA
To get correct USA price on Zavvi USA website (Settings icon beside contact us) set both Shipping to and Region & Language to USA (As in all settings to USA)
If shipping in settings to is set to a different country beside USA price will be lot higher

It was working last month to get correct $ price as long as shipping to in settings was set to USA you could still then enter a shipping address outside usa at checkout that might have changed in past 2 weeks
Likely due to EU vat changes that was happening from July 1st

Try create a new account on Zavvi USA Website that has different login details to Zavvi UK
Zavvi also may change price at checkout if shipping address is not to USA even on a new account I need to test this later this week

Arrow USA only releases will not show up on Zavvi UK/International websites as they are not UK/Ireland releases
Zavvi UK can't sell USA only releaes on DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD due these not been BBFC certified releases

You will see other Arrow USA releases on Zavvi USA you won't see on Zavvi UK
Note
If Arrow are doing both UK and USA releases same time when you purchase from Zavvi USA you are purchasing the USA release (No BBFC age ratings)

Arrow don't have the UK distributions rights to Legend as that was with 20th Fox in UK now with Disney due to disney purchase of Fox catalouge

Universal have the rights in USA/Canada for Legend 1985 this how arrow was able to licence from them for a USA release

Last edited: