Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 12, 2021
Purchase links: DiabolikDVD - Amazon - Zavvi USA - Grindhouse Video
Price: $34.99
Notes: Zavvi USA website set both Shipping to and Region & Language to USA to get $34.99 price

204842685_4466788010021825_5044405524639351394_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sinusR2
Special Features:

• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentations of the U.S. Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut of the film
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround and 2.0 stereo audio on both cuts
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
  • Illustrated perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by Nicholas Clement and Kat Ellinger plus archive materials including original production notes and a 2002 interview with Charles de Lauzirika about the restoration of the Director's Cut
  • Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin
  • Glossy full-colour portraits of the cast photographed by Annie Leibovitz
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Neil Davies and original theatrical artwork by John Alvin
Disc One - U.S. Theatrical Cut

• Brand new 2K restoration of the U.S. Theatrical Cut from original film materials, including a 4K scan of the original camera negative
  • Brand new audio commentary by Paul M. Sammon, author of Ridley Scott: The Making of His Movies
  • Reconstructed isolated score track by Tangerine Dream from 2002
  • Isolated music and effects track
  • A Fairytale in Pinewood, a brand new featurette interviewing grip David Cadwalladr, costume designer Charles Knode, co-star Annabelle Lanyon, camera operator Peter MacDonald, set decorator Ann Mollo and draftsman John Ralph
  • Incarnations of a Legend, a comparison featurette written and narrated by critic Travis Crawford discussing the differences between the various versions of the film
  • The Directors: Ridley Scott, a 2003 documentary in which the director discusses his career up to that point, including Legend
  • Music video for “Is Your Love Strong Enough?” by Bryan Ferry
Disc Two - Director's Cut

• Audio commentary by director Ridley Scott
  • Creating A Myth: Memories of Legend, an archive documentary from 2002 featuring interviews with Ridley Scott, William Hjortsberg, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, Rob Bottin and several other cast and crew members
  • Original promotional featurette
  • Two deleted scenes, the alternate 'Four Goblins' opening and 'The Fairie Dance'
  • Storyboard galleries for three deleted scenes
  • Two drafts of William Hjortsberg's screenplay
  • Alternate footage from the overseas release, plus textless footage
  • Three theatrical trailers and four TV spots
  • Image galleries
*** EXTRAS STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***

Reactions: sinusR2
Note
Original Artwork Limited Edition is exclusive to Zavvi USA

To purchase you need to use Zavvi USA website

It's important you set both Shipping to and Region & Language to USA on Zavvi USA website to get price at $34.99

If shipping to is set to a outside USA price will be $69.99

Note
Original Artwork Limited Edition is exclusive to Zavvi USA

To purchase you need to use Zavvi USA website

It's important you set both Shipping to and Region & Language to USA on Zavvi USA website to get price at $34.99

If shipping to is set to a outside USA price will be $69.99
I dont get what you mean on if you set shipping to outside usa price will be 69.99?
How are you supposed to get it shipped overseas otherwise. I did the lot for usa and seen the price at usa price but as soon as i log in with my zavvi deatils ie Australia the price double.
Are you referring to usa customers only?

I dont get what you mean on if you set shipping to outside usa price will be 69.99?
How are you supposed to get it shipped overseas otherwise. I did the lot for usa and seen the price at usa price but as soon as i log in with my zavvi deatils ie Australia the price double.
Are you referring to usa customers only?

Basically Zavvi wants you to only order from the site that is based in your country.

If you want an exclusive edition like this one, but live outside of the USA, they seem to
make you pay a crazy price to get it.

Don't seem to be a mistake, as this happened with other listings as well.

got my copy today, thought it was going to be the box set but its just the blu ray. Guess i shouldnt have assumed

Last edited:
Those are 2 different editions, with different ASINs, B09NL337SZ for Blu-rays only, and B0986FRHTP for boxset - which one did you buy?
the version that was released today. It was from amazon and they had the same picture for both versions, like i said i assumed and should have looked at bit deeper. No big deal, eventually im sure i will buy the steelbook whenever it comes out.

the version that was released today. It was from amazon and they had the same picture for both versions, like i said i assumed and should have looked at bit deeper. No big deal, eventually im sure i will buy the steelbook whenever it comes out.
Amazon listing with release date February 8th 2022 clearly list is standard edition

Arrow always do standard amaray editions after limited edition are sold out some get released before been sold out

The thread OP has the link to the limited edition
That had a release date in October 12, 2021