Let The Right One In (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive No. 37) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: June 25th, 2016
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenti Type A - Lenti Type B - Pre-order on June 2 at 14:00 (Korea time)
Price: $34.99 (individual editions) - $104 (One Click)
Note: Full Slip (500 copies) - Lenticular Type A (900 copies) - Lenticular Type B (500 copies) - One Click (300 copies)

Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B | Full Slip

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg
12347872_1803388449888364_2900774884093079029_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks awesome! I havent seen the original yet. I enjoyed the remake, so I guess that I'll enjoy this version too.

Finally, this movie gets a steelbook.:thumbs:
I've waited a long time for this news.
I just wish this would be an Plain Archive Exclusive, this Title deserves the best of the best and nothing less!
But I'll buy it anyway, so let's wait.;)

Just watched the remake with Chloe Moretz and loved it. I hear this one (the original) is even better, so will definitely be picking it up! Hopefully we get an update on its release soon.

Reactions: Flloydo and spass
Just watched the remake with Chloe Moretz and loved it. I hear this one (the original) is even better, so will definitely be picking it up! Hopefully we get an update on its release soon.

Debatable. Both are critically well regarded. I saw both in the cinema and prefer the Moretz version. The Swedish is closer to the book for purists and those that snobbishly wrongly praise it and bash the US version, I found the book hard to finish with so much side story it got boring. Moretz version sidesteps much of that for a more straightforward tale. Both are excellent films, but for me the Moretz version is superior.

Debatable. Both are critically well regarded. I saw both in the cinema and prefer the Moretz version. The Swedish is closer to the book for purists and those that snobbishly wrongly praise it and bash the US version, I found the book hard to finish with so much side story it got boring. Moretz version sidesteps much of that for a more straightforward tale. Both are excellent films, but for me the Moretz version is superior.
I'm not much of a book reader, so I'll probably never read it to be able to compare. All I know is that I loved the remake, so I'm very interested in checking out the original. Usually with films, the version that I originally fell in love with is the version I end up liking the most, so chances are that will be the case here also. :)

Reactions: Flloydo

I also like both versions but prefer the the remake with mortez

The original had a stupid cat moment that annoyed me but I thought the original had a slightly better ending. Not by much though. Think it was slightly more violent but it's been a while since I watched the original

Reactions: Noodles

I've had the Australian illustraded slip cover edition for ages of the Moretz version but haven't got around to see it yet. I really need to do that asap.

Love the original though.

I also like both versions but prefer the the remake with mortez

The original had a stupid cat moment that annoyed me but I thought the original had a slightly better ending. Not by much though. Think it was slightly more violent but it's been a while since I watched the original
Moretz was great! Don't think I would've liked it as much if it wasn't for her to be fair.

You can always count on cats to ruin stuff... especially around the house lol. I actually loved the ending (pool scene), so can't wait to see how they did it in the original. :D

I've had the Australian illustraded slip cover edition for ages of the Moretz version but haven't got around to see it yet. I really need to do that asap.

Love the original though.
Was just looking at the Zavvi steelbook and considering whether to buy it or not, but will have to check out the slip you mentioned now.

Let us know what you thought once you get around to watching it. :thumbs:

Reactions: spass and Flloydo
Moretz was great! Don't think I would've liked it as much if it wasn't for her to be fair.

You can always count on cats to ruin stuff... especially around the house lol. I actually loved the ending (pool scene), so can't wait to see how they did it in the original. :D

Was just looking at the Zavvi steelbook and considering whether to buy it or not, but will have to check out the slip you mentioned now.

She's great in it

the pool scene is amazing

Both are amazing films and endings but I just remember the original ending being slightly more violent.

F*cking cats! Lol

I only have the original on DVD and remake on standard blu Ray but I was considering the zavvi version at one point but I find the art boring on it and not worth no more than £4.99

Will do Nick. :thumbs:

It's this line. There where a few others as well but this is what I got. ;)

6hfBrR.jpg
eurwGl.jpg

She's great in it

the pool scene is amazing

Both are amazing films and endings but I just remember the original ending being slightly more violent.

F*cking cats! Lol

I only have the original on DVD and remake on standard blu Ray but I was considering the zavvi version at one point but I find the art boring on it and not worth no more than £4.99
Definitely got to check out the original then! I loved how the pool scene was shot in the remake, although I couldn't help but think how we're missing out on most of the violence due to us being under water lol.

I actually really like the art on the steelbook, but I've just seen that there's a Korean slipbox edition (this one) which looks awesome! I'm tempted to get both to be honest... not that I should be spending even more money right now though. :ohno:

Will do Nick. :thumbs:

It's this line. There where a few others as well but this is what I got. ;)

6hfBrR.jpg
eurwGl.jpg
They look great! Love that style of art... especially the In Bruges one.

Thanks for sharing, Annar. :)

Reactions: Flloydo and spass
Definitely got to check out the original then! I loved how the pool scene was shot in the remake, although I couldn't help but think how we're missing out on most of the violence due to us being under water lol.

I actually really like the art on the steelbook, but I've just seen that there's a Korean slipbox edition (this one) which looks awesome! I'm tempted to get both to be honest... not that I should be spending even more money right now though. :ohno:

They look great! Love that style of art... especially the In Bruges one.

Thanks for sharing, Annar. :)

Lol i remember thinking that but the effect it leaves. I think im going to watch one of them tonight. By the way there is not much difference in endings for both films
More the camera angles and tone

Okay so I just youtubed the endings to make sure I wasn't getting mixed up. The original is a much clearer picture and I prefer the way it's shot but the remake has one or two cool things that don't happen in the original (like the kid being pulled upside down under water toward the camera) but I don't like the way the camera angles change.

Where the remake is darker it's harder to see the blood in the pool etc

But Both are good

Lol i remember thinking that but the effect it leaves. I think im going to watch one of them tonight. By the way there is not much difference in endings for both films
More the camera angles and tone

Okay so I just youtubed the endings to make sure I wasn't getting mixed up. The original is a much clearer picture and I prefer the way it's shot but the remake has one or two cool things that don't happen in the original (like the kid being pulled upside down under water toward the camera) but I don't like the way the camera angles change.

Where the remake is darker it's harder to see the blood in the pool etc

But Both are good
Sounds good to me! Just watched the trailer for the original and the boy alone creeps me out haha. Hopefully they release this soon, because I'm dying to see it now. :D

Reactions: Flloydo

Are you saying people the praise the original and bash the remake are snobs and wrong? The original is a 10/10 for me while the remake is an 8/10. Hollywood-ized with a blaring melodramatic score and added action sequences but with a couple improvements. The original is more beautiful and subtle.

I was disappointed at how the remake handled the pool scene (my favorite scene in the original). The original version of the scene is darker and more twisted (with the smiling Oskar).

Reactions: Hella and Flloydo
Are you saying people the praise the original and bash the remake are snobs and wrong? The original is a 10/10 for me while the remake is an 8/10. Hollywood-ized with a blaring melodramatic score and added action sequences but with a couple improvements. The original is more beautiful and subtle.

I was disappointed at how the remake handled the pool scene (my favorite scene in the original). The original version of the scene is darker and more twisted (with the smiling Oskar).

I agree about the original being more subtle and the original ending is more darker and twisted (even though it's a clearer and brighter scene than the remake). Love the head in the background where as it goes past his face in the new one but it's too dark (picture)
I do like both though, just hate the cat scene in the original lol

Reactions: lolwut