Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Licorice Pizza (2021)

Genre: Drama

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Alana Haim, Benny Safdie, Cooper Hoffman, Joseph Cross, Anthony Molinari, Craig Stark, Zoe McLane, Fatimah Hassan, Skyler Gisondo, Emily Althaus, Charlie Townsend, Nate Mann, Bottara Angele, Grace Kennedy-Piehl, Louis Delavenne, Joann Coleman, Deana Molle', Joe Don Harris, Ryan Wicks, Rogelio Camarillo, Natalia Becerril, Nathan M. Hadden, Mary Eileen O'Donnell, Elton McCrudden, Patrick Salway, Lakin Valdez, Zachary Chicos, Devon Knopp, Tess Rianne Sullivan, Thomas John Rudolph, Collin Sutton, Eloy Perez, Mark Kirksey, Joshua Carl Allen, Gerren Hall, Steven Herrera, Brandon Koen, Richard B. Larimore, Paige Locke, Trent Longo, Rosie Valdiva, Sean Penn, Tom Waits, Ben Stiller, Maya Rudolph, John C. Reilly

Release: 2021-11-26

Plot: Set in the San Fernando Valley in the 1970s, the film follows a high school student who is also a successful child actor.

Strange seeing Alana Haim (sure I spotted one her sisters in the trailer, too) play a major role... I guess PTA built up quite the relationship with her whilst directing some of their music videos over the years.

Apparently thats Philip Seymour Hoffman's son. Crazy
I remember that being mentioned back when the film was first announced, but then completely forgot again until you mentioned it. Pretty interesting cast!

I was really up for this, love a bit of PTA, great cast, music, the look etc but I cannot stand Haim and the 3 sisters. I literally cannot stand them. And Alana really puts me off so unfortunately it’s an instant pass. Which is a shame. Really wish they used an actual actress.

Seymours son looks decent though

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I was really up for this, love a bit of PTA, great cast, music, the look etc but I cannot stand Haim and the 3 sisters. I literally cannot stand them. And Alana really puts me off so unfortunately it’s an instant pass. Which is a shame. Really wish they used an actual actress.

Seymours son looks decent though

Damn, the main girl is so butt ugly, I cannot make myself watch this movie, even though it looks like back to form for one of my favorite directors, after 3 crappy films (he lost me at The Master, which I hated, didn'tlike Inherent Vice, and just plain skipped whatever Veil).

Damn, the main girl is so butt ugly, I cannot make myself watch this movie, even though it looks like back to form for one of my favorite directors, after 3 crappy films (he lost me at The Master, which I hated, didn'tlike Inherent Vice, and just plain skipped whatever Veil).
Personally The Master and Inherent vice along with Boogie nights are his greatest films. Magnolia being his worst by an absolute landslide

Personally The Master and Inherent vice along with Boogie nights are his greatest films. Magnolia being his worst by an absolute landslide
Figures, Magnolia is my favorite, not just PTA's best, but one of all-time greatest movies. :smuggrin:
Then Boogie Nights indeed, and Hard Eight is good too, recently got it on an Australian BD.

Grow up buddy. Absolutely no need for the unnecessary hatred spewed.
Remember to be kind to others instead of being a jerk who thinks it's acceptable to call strangers 'so butt ugly'...

It's a shame people don't go to see this film because of Alana, I've seen it a few days ago and it's a great film. Sure, looks-wise Alana is not for everybody (just like Barbra Streisand isn't, and I guess: who is?), but it's a great part, very good acted and perfect casting. Cooper Hoffman is no Rudolph Valentino either, but again: great casting.

I personally can't stand Tom Cruise, with all his mannerisms, but he was good in Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut and The Color of Money.

Well, what a relief to have liked a new film by a favorite director. After The Master and Inherent Vice I almost lost all hope.
It had a couple of scenes under same musical accompaniment, like Magnolia, his best, also reminded sometimes of Boogie Nights, but is essentially more like Punch Drunk Love, than others. So very light, one might say unnecessary and pointless, but I had such a relationship with an older girl, we were living together, but didn't even know each other, and I was 14 at first, while she was 18, so... it hit that sweet nostalgic spot, even though it was the 90's for me, and the gas was the cheapest. :hilarious:
I even didn't mind Alana Haim, although one of her real older sisters, playing her sister, looked younger and prettier.
Philip Seymour Hoffman's son was good too, again reminding of his father in Boogie Nights. We've come to sons of good actors succeeding them, Cooper Hoffman here, and Michael Gandolfini in Saints of Newark...
Fun cameos by Sean Penn and Bradley Cooper.
Don't know if this will be as infinitely 'rewatchable', as Magnolia and Boogie Nights, but definitely good for once.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database