Lion King (Empty Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

jimmy

Generator
Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
UK...
Collectable Case'

October 4 2011

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DVD/3147037.p?id=2258026&skuId=3147037&st=Lion King pre-sell&lp=1&cp=1

3147037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtyoak
That's the movie.

The pre-sell case is supposed to be available starting today, at your local Best Buy.

I've e-mailed them at the website, wondering if they are going to correct the date on there, and when my orders for the group buy will ship.

I live in SoCal. So that means if I walk into my Best Buy today, they should have it?

I tried to get it yesterday but the employee was telling me it comes out on Oct. 4. I told him that's for the movie release. He still couldn't understand my answer. So I gave up and walked away.

I live in SoCal. So that means if I walk into my Best Buy today, they should have it?

I tried to get it yesterday but the employee was telling me it comes out on Oct. 4. I told him that's for the movie release. He still couldn't understand my answer. So I gave up and walked away.

They definitely have it - the question comes up if it's out on the shelves or not. On the box itself that the cases would be packed in, it should have a date when they can stock it, which is supposed to be today.

I would politely correct the employee that it's the movie that comes out on October 4th. The free gift you get for pre-ordering the movie with a 7.50 deposit should be available today.

I would also let them know that they did the same thing with Snow White, UP, Beauty & the Beast....

And if they STILL don't believe you, have them check the back and read the information that's on the back of the case. It's clearly printed that the presell case should be available from September 4th until October 5th.

Reactions: hidef al
They definitely have it - the question comes up if it's out on the shelves or not. On the box itself that the cases would be packed in, it should have a date when they can stock it, which is supposed to be today.

I would politely correct the employee that it's the movie that comes out on October 4th. The free gift you get for pre-ordering the movie with a 7.50 deposit should be available today.

I would also let them know that they did the same thing with Snow White, UP, Beauty & the Beast....

And if they STILL don't believe you, have them check the back and read the information that's on the back of the case. It's clearly printed that the presell case should be available from September 4th until October 5th.

Cool! Thanks apsmith!! I will go today and hopefully I will have that Metal Box in my hands when I walk out of the store. I will keep you posted. :D

Picked up one today at Best Buy. They had about 20 of them on an endcap in the Blu-ray section.

I'd say this new packaging is comparable to an Ironpack although it does seem a little more flimsy and the hinge is a bit looser. I'm satisfied.

Picked mine up today!!! was gonna get 4 more but it was limited to 1 per customer:(

really? i got me 2 copies... no problem..... i opened one, and let me tell you i got so disappointed, it feels and looks so cheap. metal packs and iron packs are a piece of art compared to these mediocre material:( then again is just my opinion

I don't think they are going to send out till later, The pre order date states 10/4. I did site to store, and I am going in to pick up Scarface, hopefully if they have Lion King on hand I can take one.

Saw these in my local BBY today. Thoroughly unimpressed with the build quality and aesthetics of this 'metal box'. Will be passing on this, and the rest in the series, for sure.

Also, I recently saw a DVD of Dune in a very similar metal case, except that the clear-ish plastic of these Blu-ray monstrosities was solid brown. Wonder is it was the same company.

The only ones my BB had left were all dented and screwed up, as usual. The employees at my Best Buy seems to get most of the stuff in good condition, customers are left with crap.

Earlier today I spoke with a Sales Representative about these Metal Boxes.

The date on the website still shows the release date of the movie as the date it will be available for shipping.

Meaning - October 4th is the day that BestBuy.com will start shipping the empty cases.

You can read all the details on my group buy thread, but basically bestbuy.com will NOT have the metal boxes available until the release date of the movie - they aren't even in stock in the warehouse.

Therefore, if you don't want to wait to get a case, you need to go to your local store to get one.

Kinda weird they didn't mention this pre-sale in their ad this Sunday, no?

I would think Best Buy would want to do a better job of promoting special pre-sales like this, especially with several more coming this Fall, but it is Best Buy.

What are the release schedules for Pirates, Cars 2 ect?

They like to false advertise stuff in their email.

:p

Attachments

• lionking.jpg
    lionking.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 167
When I was at Best Buy this morning to pick up the Scarface SteelBook™, I checked to see how many of the Lion King cases they still had.

And apparently I'm the only person who has bought one since they put them out Sunday. :hilarious:

Perhaps advertising would help some eh?

They are all kinds of messed up at Best Buy. :rolleyes:

I asked the sales rep multiple times if the release date on the case was wrong or it would change and then he gave me the warehouse info. :movie:

Earlier today I spoke with a Sales Representative about these Metal Boxes.

The date on the website still shows the release date of the movie as the date it will be available for shipping.

Meaning - October 4th is the day that BestBuy.com will start shipping the empty cases.

You can read all the details on my group buy thread, but basically bestbuy.com will NOT have the metal boxes available until the release date of the movie - they aren't even in stock in the warehouse.

Therefore, if you don't want to wait to get a case, you need to go to your local store to get one.

The cashier at BB told me they would cancel the online order for me. When I got home and called they told me they could not as it was ready to ship, and account status said shipping. They need to make up their minds