Lionsgate partners with Tarantino for new 4K releases

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Lionsgate said today it’s partnered with Quentin Tarantino for distribution rights to three of the director’s iconic films – Kill Bill Volumes I & II and Jackie Brown.

Beginning with Reservoir Dogs, a Lionsgate library favorite for nearly 20 years, “we’ve grown what is now Hollywood’s largest portfolio of Tarantino films to include Inglourious Basterds, Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight and Death Proof in addition to the movies we just picked up,” said CEO Jon Feltheimer on the company’s post-earning conference call.
He said the studio and Tarantino team will celebration Kill Bill’s 20th anniversary later this year with a new, remastered 4K edition.
“It was a coup for us to get the three Quentin Tarantino movies,” said Jim Packer, head of worldwide television and digital, on the call. We have eight, which gives our library a unique situation in Hollywood, and we want to take advantage of that.”

Source:

This is great news, I’m very excited about both Kill Bill’s and Jackie Brown in 4K. Maybe even a Boxset of all of them if they have everything but OUATIH.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Last edited:
Tarantino GIF by G1ft3d

I just hope they release Tarantino's best film - Jackie Brown.

This is great news, I’m very excited about both Kill Bill’s and Jackie Brown in 4K. Maybe even a Boxset of all of them if they have everything but OUATIH.
They've only said about Kill Bill.
They had Death Proof, Django, Hateful Eight for a while and no releases.

So they have all of his movies except for Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (Sony)?
And Pulp Fiction.

Reactions: Kizersouze
I just hope they release Tarantino's best film - Jackie Brown.

They've only said about Kill Bill.
They had Death Proof, Django, Hateful Eight for a while and no releases.

And Pulp Fiction.
JB is getting a 4k release too. They all will eventually

Reactions: Lenny Nero
That doesn't sound overly promising in the way they have worded it for The Whole Bloody Affair although I will settle for a full cut of Kill Bill 1, the Japanese cut is totally uncensored.

That doesn't sound overly promising in the way they have worded it for The Whole Bloody Affair although I will settle for a full cut of Kill Bill 1, the Japanese cut is totally uncensored.
Tarantino keeps that cut for him and his cronies.
The great unwashed will never get to see it, peasants that we are :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Damn, so the hopes for a 4K box set are out of the question then? If multiple studios are doing it...