Live film scores/composer/orchestra event chat

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey ninjas,

I happen to be attending a Hans Zimmer event this summer and thought we'd add a thread. If we have another like this, just point me to it and I'll merge.

Have you guys been to such events where either favorite soundtracks are played by live orchestras, movies are accompanied by live orchestra or composers talk about their process?

Have fun!

Pic (not mine) is from live performance of 'The Dark Knight'

live.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool

Not been to any but a mate went the same thing in London but for interstellar event and Michael Caine opened the event and gave a chat at the start. How cool is that

Film was playing on a huge screen in the background whilst hans did the live orchestra music - crazy and so cool

I also saw Hans Zimmer live in concert last year in my city. Theres no words to describe the experience, music and overall this whole concert. It was a dream come true!
In early 2016 we went to see Ennio Morricone also in my city. Same experience, no words can describe what I was feeling sitting there listening to the maestro and the orchestra :drool:

For this year we bought tickets for James Newton Howard, I think in November, in Dusseldorf. One of my girlfriends favorite OSTs is Blood Diamond by him so she's super excited :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Very cool

Not been to any but a mate went the same thing in London but for interstellar event and Michael Caine opened the event and gave a chat at the start. How cool is that

Film was playing on a huge screen in the background whilst hans did the live orchestra music - crazy and so cool
I would have LOVED to seen the Interstellar one!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I also saw Hans Zimmer live in concert last year in my city. Theres no words to describe the experience, music and overall this whole concert. It was a dream come true!
In early 2016 we went to see Ennio Morricone also in my city. Same experience, no words can describe what I was feeling sitting there listening to the maestro and the orchestra :drool:

For this year we bought tickets for James Newton Howard, I think in November, in Dusseldorf. One of my girlfriends favorite OSTs is Blood Diamond by him so she's super excited :)
Nice! Yes, I am super excited to see Hans! I have also seen a Harry Potter film set to an orchestra and a few jazz performances that did renditions from film and tv scores.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
I would have LOVED to seen the Interstellar one!

Me too

Very cool to see them 2,

ahh I love Howard's nightcrawler OST. Just magnificent

I've never really seen anything like this. Mainly gigs/ festivals etc and things like that