Completed Loki (Season 2) [Disney+]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service (EXCLUSIVE)
Source: Variety
Disney is enlisting Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the company prepares to launch its upcoming streaming service. The entertainment giant is in early development on an ambitious plan for a number of limited series centered on popular characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These series will likely include shows centered on Loki and the Scarlet Witch, along with other beloved superheroes who have yet to appear in their own standalone movies.

Marvel and Disney had no comment.

There’s an important distinction from other Marvel small screen efforts, however. The actors who portrayed these heroes and villains in the Avengers films and their spin-offs, such as Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen, are expected to play them in the streaming shows. Moreover, though sources close to the production are staying mum on the cost of the programming, the budgets are expected to be hefty rivaling those of a major studio productions. Each series is expected to include six to eight episodes. Marvel Studios will produce the shows and Kevin Feige, the guru of all things MCU, is expected to take a hands-on role in their development.

FYZBFaFUcAArjbT.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The final episode lost me. It felt like instead of following through with human drama, they scrambled to meet all the required comic-book beats. When there's a possibility of someone traveling to any point in time and space, it raises too much "But why didn't he just do _____?" I also have questions about the TVA existing outside of time, but the people who work at the TVA were taken from other timelines—but then that means they don't exist any longer in their original timelines? But they also still do...? The TVA, then, is really its own separate timeline, but it's just the only timeline that realizes there are other timelines, right?

Blah. These aren't the sort of questions that I want to keep pondering when a series finishes.