Lonesome Dove (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Mill Creek Entertainment) [USA]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 9, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Mill Creek
Price: $19.14 (Amazon) - $19.99 (Best Buy) - $34.98 (Mill Creek)

lonesome_dove_bluray_steelbook_front.jpg

lonesome_dove_bluray_steelbook_inside.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Snollygoster
Amazing news! Lonesome Dove is a classic! Would have never suspected we'd get a steelbook for it.

Some background:-
"Larry McMurtry co-wrote a screenplay with Peter Bogdanovich back in the early 70s called The Streets of Laredo which was supposed to unite all of John Ford's leading men - John Wayne, James Stewart and Henry Fonda. Wayne was the key ingredient but eventually he passed on the project because it was a western about the death of the West which was more or less synonymous with him and he didn't like the implications. The script hung around Warner Bros. for some twelve years and McMurtry finally let the project go but later re-thought it, refocused some of the characters and the plot and wrote the novel Lonesome Dove in 1985. When the miniseries was made in 1989, Robert Duvall played the part that had been written for Wayne and Tommy Lee Jones played the role designed for James Stewart."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: nafosb
Went ahead and placed the order at $19 .... if it comes down more before release. auto-score if not im good with that price.

Region locking or video transfer quality? I personally own the old blu-ray from now defunct rhi / geniusproducts

Video transfer. I have never purchased a mill creek release yet due to the piss poor quality of their releases

I know the Steelbox will offer extra bonus features compared to the 2015 version, but any news on the transfer? Should we expect the same as 2015, or an upgrade?