Looking for opinion on Sony Blu-Ray Players

Sep 23, 2013
I currently have a Sony BDP-S350 blu-ray player. Since I have a wireless network, I'm thinking of upgrading my current blu-ray player to one that is Wi-Fi capable. The two models I'm looking at are the Sony BDP-S1100 and BDP-S3100.

The reviews I have seen about the S3100 seem to indicate it's a good blu-ray player and is compatible with Sony's Side View TV app. Another review I saw indicated that the 1100 was an entry level and the 3100 was the next model up. I don't have any 3d blu-rays, but I do have two international blu-rays, so I need to make sure they will play on these two models.

panasonic blu ray players are the way to go imho , sony blu ray players make too much noise, fan noise or whining noise , half the components in sony's are samsung anyway , they are not the brand or quality they used to be, my sony tv only has 3 components in it that sony actually make themselves lol the actual lcd panel is made by sharp

a lot of panasonic players can be made region free using a simple code

Thanks for the input.

Any particular model of Panasonic to consider? I'd like to have the WiFi capability.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

i would recommend the Panasonic DMP-BDT220
3D player and it has built in wi-fi

Panasonic_DMP_BDT220EB.jpg

Panasonic_DMPBDT220.jpg

Panasonic_DMP-BDT220_35120314_04_610x458.jpg

Reactions: P0UNDLAND
What about a non 3d blu ray player? There doesn't seem to be much of a selection of Panasonic blu ray players at Best Buy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

i don't have a clue in regards to what best buy has, i'm not from America,
it all depends what you want from the blu ray player, wi fi/3d/region free?