looper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, damn it!! :naughty:

Thanks Tridon for making me spend more money on Japan slips....:ohno:

I'm a sucker for slip boxes....:hilarious:

Last edited:
Is that good or bad? :p

It's good!
Since 2012 Dolby Laboratories announced that Blu-ray discs with Dolby TrueHD soundtracks can now be mastered using advanced 96Hz upsampling.

"Dolby TrueHD with advanced 96k upsampling restores the natural tonality of the soundtrack. The effect can be subtle or dramatic, depending on the quality of the source material. Content mastered with Dolby TrueHD with advanced upsampling is fully playback compatible with all Dolby TrueHD enabled Blu-ray players and AV receivers."

Besides enabling optimum 96k upsampling, this technology features a unique apodizing filter that 'masks' the unwanted digital artifacts known as 'preringing', which is introduced during the content-capture and content-creation process. These digital artifacts can introduce an unnatural edginess or harshness to the audio.

Hope that explains....:hilarious:

;)

Last edited:
And with this scene

The rainmaker in the fields

The difference in the soundtrack was immense. At reference volume the walls were shaking and the floor vibrating. Sounded a lot clearer from the UK disc, but the UK disc is 16 bit 48 Khz processed.

I'm looking forward to the HK releases of Enders Game and Catching Fire that I got cheap with 96khz tracks now :D

Goodness, I know this is old but I am somehow just finding out about it and love it! Anyone happen to know where I can buy it online that will actually ship directly to the US, or anyone have a copy of this for sale? Thanks!