Music on Vinyl Lost Highway - OST (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: November 4, 2016
Purchase: NormanRecords / NewOnVinyl / JPC
Price: 24,99 EUR / 29,95 EUR / 28,99 EUR

Note:
First official vinyl reissue in twenty years, Limited 180g yellow with a tip of black coloured vinyl, gatefold 2LP + insert. Edition of 2000 numbered copies in PVC protective sleeve

161641.jpg

Lost Highway is the 1997 French-American neo-noir-horror mystery film written and directed by David Lynch. It stars Bill Pullman as a man convicted of murdering his wife (Patricia Arquette), after which he inexplicably morphs into a young mechanic and begins a new life.

The film’s score was composed by Angelo Badalamenti, with additional music by Barry Adamson, however Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails was responsible for assembling the soundtrack. David Bowie’s “I’m Deranged”, Rammstein’s “Heirate Mich”, Lou Reed’s “This Magic Moment”, Marilyn Manson’s “Apple Of Sodom” plus more tracks from Trent Reznor, The Smashing Pumpkins all appear on the double album to accompany the Angelo Badalamenti and Barry Adamson theme music.

Lost Highway premiered in 1997 in the United States on a limited theatrical release and has developed a cult following. Director David Lynch received three Academy Awards nominations, a Golden Lion award from the Venice Film Festival for lifetime achievements as well as a Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival for Wild At Heart in 1990.

TRACKLIST:

SIDE A

1. David Bowie - I’m Deranged (Edit)
2. Trent Reznor - Videodrones;Questions
3. Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug
4. Angelo Badalamenti- Red Bats With Teeth
5. Angelo Badalamenti - Haunting & Heartbreaking
6 The Smashing Pumpkins – Eye

SIDE B

1. Angelo Badalamenti - Dub Driving
2. Barry Adamson - Mr. Eddy’s Theme 1
3. Lou Reed - This Magic Moment
4. Barry Adamson - Mr. Eddy’s Theme 2
5. Angelo Badalamenti - Fred & Renee Make Love
6. Marilyn Manson - Apple of Sodom

SIDE C

1. Antonio Carlos Jobim - Insensatez
2. Barry Adamson - Something Wicked This Way Comes (Edit)
3. Marilyn Manson - I Put A Spell On You
4. Angelo Badalamenti - Fats Revisited
5. Angelo Badalamenti - Fred’s World
6. Rammstein - Rammstein (Edit)

SIDE D

1. Barry Adamson - Hollywood Sunset
2. Rammstein - Heirate Mich(Edit)
3. Angelo Badalamenti - Police
4. Trent Reznor - Driver Down
5. David Bowie - I’m Deranged (Reprise)

Oh! I'm soo gonna get this! Thanks Daniel. :D

I never bought the vinyl when it was released but I still have my CD. This soundtrack is brilliant. I'm a huge NIN/Trent Reznor fan. The work he did with this and the Natural Born Killers soundtrack is pure quality.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Oh! I'm soo gonna get this! Thanks Daniel. :D

I never bought the vinyl when it was released but I still have my CD. This soundtrack is brilliant. I'm a huge NIN/Trent Reznor fan. The work he did with this and the Natural Born Killers soundtracks is pure quality.

giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
Anybody bought from Norman before and know if they they payment when ordering or when shipping?

@dan8885 @Noodles @Flloydo

It's also listen on amazon but it seems that is black vinyl only and have release a week later. You read anything about it @dan8885 ? Will it get different editions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LTHLYAC/?tag=hidefnin-21

I've heard of them but never ordered from them so I'm not really sure mate, sorry.

But if Amazon Uk get it that will be good news

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and dan8885
Anybody bought from Norman before and know if they they payment when ordering or when shipping?

@dan8885 @Noodles @Flloydo

It's also listen on amazon but it seems that is black vinyl only and have release a week later. You read anything about it @dan8885 ? Will it get different editions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LTHLYAC/?tag=hidefnin-21

@Travis Bickle ordered multiple times already from Norman Records. If I remember correctly he said that their packaging is very good and they're great to deal with. But I don't know if they take payment immediately when you order...

And no I didn't read anything about a regular black vinyl release. Most of the times Amazon get just the regular black versions but with Music On Vinyl maybe they also get the colored variant. 2000 copies seems quite a lot. But I can't say for sure...

I've heard of them but never ordered from them so I'm not really sure mate, sorry.

But if Amazon Uk get it that will be good news

@Travis Bickle ordered multiple times already from Norman Records. If I remember correctly he said that their packaging is very good and they're great to deal with. But I don't know if they take payment immediately when you order...

And no I didn't read anything about a regular black vinyl release. Most of the times Amazon get just the regular black versions but with Music On Vinyl maybe they also get the colored variant. 2000 copies seems quite a lot. But I can't say for sure...

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

I read their FAQ and they write that they have an pay later option/when the record ships, but I didn't find it. I wrote them a message on FB and will await answer.
I've been browsing their site and they seems to love their vinyl and I wouldn't hesitate a second ordering from them.:)

Got a reply from them this morning. They had to scrap the 'pay later' option because (surprise!) people didn't pay their invoices when records were about to ship. They hope to bring in back in another form shortly but as for now it's payment upfront only and the text will be removed from the FAQ.

@Flloydo @dan8885 @Travis Bickle @Noodles

I want to cry. :p That looks gorgeous, but the yellow version is sold out. :( In fact it sold out on Norman when I was chatting with them on fb. They were cool though and message me back the second the black version came up for pre-order. Great customer service that! But I haven't pulled the trigger yet as I really want the yellow one.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying when I had it in my cart but chose to wait for their reply on fb. :blackeye:

Seen any other retailers stocking the yellow one Daniel?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
I want to cry. :p That looks gorgeous, but the yellow version is sold out. :( In fact it sold out on Norman when I was chatting with them on fb. They were cool though and message me back the second the black version came up for pre-order. Great customer service that! But I haven't pulled the trigger yet as I really want the yellow one.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying when I had it in my cart but chose to wait for their reply on fb. :blackeye:

Seen any other retailers stocking the yellow one Daniel?

http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/soundtrack-ost-lost-highway-ltd.html
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/filmmusik-lost-highway/hnum/5076347

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and spass
  • Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Thanks man!

I was looking at NOW the other day but they didn't haver it listed. I have an account there and was about to finish the checkout, then I checked the JPC link. Glad I did because it ended up €12 euros cheaper!

Congrats mate :thumbs:

I order 90 % of my vinyl from JPC. Their packaging is great, they deliver fast and on release day. Shipping above 20 EUR is free for me.
And I can pay on bill. When the record arrives I got nearly 3-4 weeks where I got time to pay before they even sent a note if I forgot to pay.
And easy process with just check into your account and paying with two clicks via PayPal. And their customer service is very friendly and helpful.

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
Congrats mate :thumbs:

I order 90 % of my vinyl from JPC. Their packaging is great, they deliver fast and on release day. Shipping above 20 EUR is free for me.
And I can pay on bill. When the record arrives I got nearly 3-4 weeks where I got time to pay before they even sent a note if I forgot to pay.
And easy process with just check into your account and paying with two clicks via PayPal. And their customer service is very friendly and helpful.

Nice one, that's good to hear! Will keep an eye out on that site. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885