Slipbox Lust, Caution (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Nova Limited Edition) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 17, 2020
Purchase link: TBA (Pre-order July 3)
Price: $28.99 (Full Slip) - $30.99 (Lenti)
Note: Includes 6 post cards + 4 character cards

105645007_2512878942149196_8810016452976762531_o.jpg104497315_2512878735482550_6323726589856033696_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a surprise and is bad timing actually. July is already flooded with releases. It is also quite unnecessary as the PQ of the standard release is already very good, with disc space max-out. But would still be good if a new release could offer bit rate in the high thirties approaching 40 mbps typical of Korean and Japanese releases, especially for this movie. However, there are two new featurettes - press conference and 'Prudence and Desire', whatever that is, totalling 39 min sharing the same 50 gb disc space. I can only assume that this is at the expense of the main feature. That would be very unfortunate. Nova should have dedicated one disc fully to the movie and place all the featurettes on a second disc.

Beautiful pics @moon. Your photos capture the package perfectly.

I gave this full slip a pass in favour of the lenticular because I did not like the muted colours, but then found the embossed black Chinese title and the debossed details irresistible. The debossed red chop (title in Korean) and debossed 'A Film by Ang Lee' line are really nice touches given the small fonts. Further, the two actors' names at the top are embossed despite the small fonts too. The details continued to the spine as well.

Also, the inner art turns out to be a bonus and the postcards are beautiful.

Unfortunately, the press interview in the extras, which I was looking forward to, is a total let down because the audio is so shrill it is difficult to hear what Ang Lee is saying, and the questions were edited out instead of keeping them and the translations intact.

I've pre-ordered this and is still waiting for the discs to arrive. Did anybody has such problem....
All stuck in Korea. Korea Post has still not resumed standard mail. Really lame, I think, as other countries have no problem with standard mail.

Anyone know where I can get the lenticular edition for this? It's sold out on Kimchi and Nova.
wdpung on eBay still has some. He's a trustworthy Korean seller who's pretty much famous with collectors at this point. His listings have free shipping too. I think regular mail from South Korea is still iffy though so he upgraded me to DHL for free when I put in an order recently. It was a biggish order so that might have something to with it too.

Reactions: moviewizguy
Sorry for the late response, hopefully you have yours by now friend.
Anyway, I usually just select k-packet as I'm never in a panic and 'Customs' doesn't nose around with them...usually. :)
Thanks. I actually got a reply from Nova. K-packet has not resumed for all countries.

Reactions: Grendel