Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: M3GAN

Genre: Horror, Comedy, Thriller

Director: Gerard Johnstone

Plot: A brilliant toy company roboticist uses artificial intelligence to develop M3GAN, a life-like doll programmed to emotionally bond with her newly orphaned niece. But when the doll’s programming works too well, she becomes overprotective of her new friend…with terrifying results.

James Wan, Jason Blum Team Up for Killer Doll Movie M3GAN

WANBLUMDOLLS1-768x432.jpg

Source: ComingSoon
The Hollywood Reporter brings word that producer Jason Blum and director James Wan are teaming up once again! Wan and Blum will partner up to produce the upcoming M3GAN, described as a “techno horror thriller” from director Gerard Johnstone (Housebound) and writer Akela Cooper (American Horror Story, Marvel’s Luke Cage).

THR notes that the script script tells the story of “a brilliant toy company roboticist who uses artificial intelligence to develop M3GAN, a life-like doll programmed to emotionally bond with her newly orphaned niece. But when the doll’s programming works too well, she becomes overprotective of her new friend…with terrifying results.”

“I had such a great time working together with Jason on Insidious, a film that did a lot of good for both of us,” Wan tells the outlet. “I don’t forget where I started from and I’m grateful and appreciative of Jason. We’ve been looking for something to collaborate on again since.”

It looks creepy and well up for it

It’s from the writer of Malignant FYI. Which makes sense

Bicentennial Man, Olsen sister (there's THREE of them?), Annabelle and Saw dolls, one could even mention David from A.I., but it's just a female Chucky, isn't it? And they had a couple of 'girl' dolls there already, so wtf, just make another Chucky sequel.

Wow, I wasn't expecting a lot, but this movie is cool! Sure it uses all known elements from other films, but makes its own fun and interesting thing out of them.
Main actress, Allison Williams, is very beautiful, first time seeing her, and she's great.
Also it has to be said M3gan the 'doll' isn't at fault here, it's the psychotic angry little girl's influence, and people around them...
Favorite scene is when "Walk the Night" song starts playing, and M3gan dances for all of 3-5 seconds, walks awesomely, and grabs that paper cutter blade. For a brief moment the tune and montage of city views, and different places reminded me of an exciting feeling I had while watching Ghostbusters - that's what a nicely picked music can do, and why I say it's as important, as story and visuals in movies.

Reactions: jcm
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database