Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Macbeth

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Justin Kurzel[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marion Cotillard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Thewlis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paddy Considine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Reynor[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-10-29[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Feature film adaptation of Shakespeare's Scottish play about General Macbeth whose ambitious wife urges him to use wicked means in order to gain power of the throne over the sitting king, Duncan.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
3CyP9PVQQO5xWshFDAG8j8nDRsx.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Saw this last night and the movie is technically amazing and the performances were top notch. The visuals and scope of the film were stunning and the direction was solid. Fassbender was great as MacBeth as expected, but I still prefer his Steve Jobs performance as the best of the year so far. But it was Sean Harris (from MI Rogue Nation) that was a scene stealer to me.

I'm torn because this movie is amazing but it will not connect with the masses because it uses Shakespearean dialogue the entire time. My Shakespearean knowledge is very out dated and I had a really hard time understanding the dialogue and story even though it's a well known one by now. It was honestly like watching a foreign movie with no subtitles at times. At times I treated it like a silent movie, understanding what was going on through the characters actions and not words. Reading Shakespeare in a book/play is much easier because you go at your leisure and you can digest the words and context better. Within the flow of a movie, this dialogue is really rough to follow for the average joe like me.

Overall I loved the movie, but I need to watch it again to really concentrate on the dialogue this time. I could only recommend this movie for people who are braced for this type of dense language and/or mega fans of the actors/director.

Reactions: Noodles