Completed MacGyver (2016) (Season 1) [CBS]

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
IMG_9023.JPG

The new MacGyver pilot could be set to start filming later this month according to Hollywood insider site backstage.com in a short news snippet posted on their site.

The news snip reaffirms the idea that MacGyver will be recruited into a clandestine organization as well as repeating that it's set to be filmed in Portland, Oregan, but then goes on to state that casting of the show has been given to Elizabeth Barnes who will presumably be looking to fill the slot.

CBS have also announced their first cast member for the new MacGyver reboot.

George Eads of CSI fame will play the role of Lincoln, a 55 year old war vet who knew MacGyver's father.

More news to follow soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Asopp
Lucas Till is the New MacGyver in the CBS Reboot Series
Lucas1.jpg

Lucas Till is the new MacGyver in the CBS reboot series
It looks like the CBS reboot of ’80s action series MacGyver has found its leading man as The Hollywood Reporter brings word that 25-year-oldLucas Till, best known as Havok in the X-Men franchise, will take over the title role from Richard Dean Anderson. Joshua Boone (Fan Girl) has also joined the new MacGyver series as a regular, while George Eads (“CSI”) is set to co-star in the pilot as Lincoln, a conspiracy theorist who works for the government.

Although he’s still aboard the series as an executive producer, James Wan is no longer planning on directing the pilot episode due to a scheduling conflict. Instead David Von Ancken will take the helm.

MacGyver - CBS
A secret agent unlike any other, MacGyver escapes perilous situations with nothing but a paper clip, his trusty knife and his wit. A dynamic reimagining of the hit TV series, this action packed origin story follows a young hero as he undertakes missions to save lives and change the world. MacGyver stars Lucas Till and George Eads.

Funny... James Wan is being brought in to direct new MacGyver pilot. The first one is now scrapped.

must have been bad.

CBS have announced their fall premiere dates with MacGyver set for Friday September 23rd. The show will companion Hawaii Five-0, which will air straight after MacGyver on Friday nights.

Work recently started on refilming the pilot episode with Furious 7's James Wan directing the new cast and crew after the original trailer received scathing criticism from fans. This prompted CBS to ditch the pilot and bring in Peter Lenkov to get the project back on track. Lenkoc was the main force behind the successful reboot of Hawaii Five-0 and is excited about being able to bring a show he was a fan of as a kid back to TV for a new generation.

The announcement was released on social media with a short video giving us our first look at Lucas Till in his new look MacGyver persona since the original trailer last month.

It was better then I thought it would be... But there still was a lot that didn't work for me. The voice over was very cheesy and kind of took the suspense out of things.
I am very curious what the old pilot was like... wonder if they will ever release it?

Sadly I don't think I will continue watching. Way too much good stuff on so I don't think I'll fit this in.
@AcIDc0r3 Let me know if it gets better and I may pick it up later on!

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
I did not like this one bit :wtf: It seemed to be just another run of the mill modern cop show (n) This had nothing to do with Macgyver except the name :grumpy: This was truly a saaaaaad imitation of the original :(

.......but, i will give this another go after few episodes, just to see if they are going in a better direction :thumbs:

Reactions: denizen
It was never going to be the original. And they made a lot of mistakes including Mac killing those guys in the boat at the beginning?! But compared to man y shows that are out there at the moment, it was okay.

The problem with this show, is that it has the signature CBS CSI/Scorpion (UGH) action style, which is awful. I can handle cheese, but this was too cheesy and predictable for my own good. I was a huge 80s Macguyver fan, used to watch it and A-Team religiously. I was so let down by this. I wish BBC, FOX/FX or even NETFLIX would've done this. I guarantee it would've been awesome.

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
It's cheesy, a bit silly and yes it's Mission Impossible for 2017 and as has been said before it's connection to the original is minimal. However I quite like it, lol

It's funny, quite clever and I like the guy from CSI :drool:

Reactions: denizen