Mad Max: Fury Road (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #3) [UK]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: June 29, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - eBay (Pre-order on April 13)
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes Limited Edition collectible SteelBook and Mini SteelBook cases, and an Exclusive Enamel Pin

C6C08193-7263-4C6D-9814-7B5F2AE25E55.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a lot of quitting for one day. You can now quit ToC too.

:LOL:

Luckily I didn’t even start so this one is easy. The rest is taking a toll but I’ve done it before I can do it again. Well, until they announce suicide squad as their next cult film. Then I’ll be dipping cigarettes in Coffee and a bowl of sugar

but it was already debossed. It’s not a surprise because there was already a decent finish with no border. I seriously can’t see the surprise element there. It already had Bossing in the same place and the steel would of looked cleaner in design with No border.
In fairness @virkia said last minute embossing WRT a surprise on 2001 or RPO as they look as flat as Keira Knightly's chest; him commenting on this current sh!tstorm of embossgate was about the acceptable price point to some. That you can agree or disagree with...

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Flloydo
In fairness @virkia said last minute embossing WRT a surprise on 2001 or RPO as they look as flat as Keira Knightly's chest; him commenting on this current sh!tstorm of embossgate was about the acceptable price point to some. That you can agree or disagree with...

fair point. I apologise for the misunderstanding @virkia

my point still stands though that they need to show this in the design or not do the opposite to what they state on steelbook . Com

I don’t think there was any misleading info with BR & WW but there is with this one. That’s all

Reactions: GeoRattray
....ah I love these little chats of passion. God I miss smoking (quit 12 years ago).... so stay in there :thumbs:
For sugar, just swap to sweeteners... also fixed the marketing for everyone. My attitude to this is exactly like the one going off camera..
Embossgate.jpeg

Reactions: Flloydo and DMD4k
Looks great IMO - the finish adds to the rustic look. But are we to assume all ToC releases will have the border even if not displayed in the mock-ups? That's the problem with trying to make your visuals look realistic... some folks may actually think they are real when they're not, so they'll never quite look the same as the actual item would, and could therefore be misleading and clearly cause disappointment/backlash down the line. I'm certainly not disappointed in how this has turned out though, so no complaints from me! :)

That's the problem with trying to make your visuals look realistic... some folks may actually think they are real when they're not, so they'll never quite look the same as the actual item would and could therefore be misleading and clearly cause disappointment/backlash down the line.
There is no problem with trying to make their visuals look realistic. There's only a problem when they use them to either mislead, intentionally or unintentionally, or outright lie about it.

Reactions: Flloydo
I think the original metallic matte orange in the visuals added to the rustic look not the muted matte orange in the newer pics

Reactions: Stygian
There is no problem with trying to make their visuals look realistic. There's only a problem when they use them to either mislead, intentionally or unintentionally, or outright lie about it.
You've kinda contradicted yourself there. That's my point... no matter how realistic they try to make them, they're never going to be able to get them spot on to how the physical item will look, hence why the mock-up colours look different - when it comes to 3D renders you can only take a guess at how the lighting will effect the different finishes and colours, so it's obviously impossible for them to match it in the mock-ups before hand (without having the actual item to compare it to). I doubt they intentionally tried to mislead folks, especially since they never once said this wouldn't include a border etc., or at least not to my knowledge anyway.

You've kinda contradicted yourself there. That's my point... no matter how realistic they try to make them, they're never going to be able to get them spot on to how the physical item will look, hence why the mock-up colours look different - when it comes to 3D renders you can only take a guess at how the colours may actually turn out with different finishes, so it's obviously impossible for them to match it in the mock-ups before hand (without having the actual item to compare it to). I doubt they intentionally tried to mislead folks, especially since they never once said this wouldn't include a border etc., or at least not to my knowledge anyway.

it said it had debossing. That means no border. That’s misleading. I’m sorry but if you have a border then that should be included in the visuals.

it said it had debossing. That means no border. That’s misleading. I’m sorry but if you have a border then that should be included in the visuals.
Ah, I'd obviously missed that. Did the info come directly from Toc or Steelbook? Because if the latter, then we all know how inconsistent their descriptions have been over the years.

Personally think embossing on the steering wheel works much better than debossing would anyway... wouldn't make sense for it to be sunken into the background IMO.

P.S. Technically all steels with the border are debossed FYI, but that's a whole other argument lol.

Reactions: Mickle_89 and DMD4k
You've kinda contradicted yourself there. That's my point... no matter how realistic they try to make them, they're never going to be able to get them spot on to how the physical item will look, hence why the mock-up colours look different - when it comes to 3D renders you can only take a guess at how the lighting will effect the different finishes and colours, so it's obviously impossible for them to match it in the mock-ups before hand (without having the actual item to compare it to). I doubt they intentionally tried to mislead folks, especially since they never once said this wouldn't include a border etc., or at least not to my knowledge anyway.
It's not a contradiction, you can certainly mislead someone unintentionally. They may not have intended to mislead us, but they did.
They also didn't say it would be covered in gold flakes. Nobody expected that though. I did expect the final product to look really close/identical to the rendered images. I was just hoping for embossing without the border.
I'm complaining and I even prefer embossing to debossing lol

Scanavo can argue that, except for their few examples pictured earlier by Virkia, their embossing is typically a negative debossing LOL

Reactions: Noodles
As they make the steelbooks themselves they must have had good reason to make the change - to go with embossing rather than debossing - and I for one welcome the change as embossed steelbooks are just better quality.

Nothing on the back???
1593169671479.png

1593170304089.png
1593170369831.png
1593170632253.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaako
It's not a contradiction, you can certainly mislead someone unintentionally. They may not have intended to mislead us, but they did.
They also didn't say it would be covered in gold flakes. Nobody expected that though. I did expect the final product to look really close/identical to the rendered images. I was just hoping for embossing without the border.
I'm complaining and I even prefer embossing to debossing lol

Scanavo can argue that, except for their few examples pictured earlier by Virkia, their embossing is typically a negative debossing LOL
Fair points mate. I apparently need to take the time to have a proper catch-up in this thread, because I'm not seeing the "gold flakes" you're referring to, so I've obviously missed something lol.

Honestly, I never even took any notice of the way they described the finish (clearly lol)... always just assumed it'd be embossed like the others. But, yeah... wouldn't hurt for them to show the border in the mock-ups.

Still stand by my comments on the colours though - as with any steelbook, they vary on the lighting and will never be matched exactly in a render vs the physical product.

Reactions: DMD4k