Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to HDzeta post from wxlinkswd it says Not Mad Max Black & Chrome Exclusive steelbook

Looks like the HDzeta will be the previous MMFR WEA steelbook repackaged in a new Black & Chrome Slipbox

If that is correct this makes the Zavvi Black & Chrome Edition Steelbook very exclusive so far

Reactions: Jedi clare
Got mine today and I think it is a gorgeous steelbook. Title doesn't bother me, and the colour side just seems so vibrant. So happy to have this.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
So, is there actually any difference between watching the Black and Chrome edition, and just watching the regular disc with the colour turned off? Do they look any different?

Basically NO!

The film was shot in colour.

There has been a lot of nonsense talked about how this is "How George Miller envisioned the film",.

The truth is rather less visionary . . . . . George Miller said himself, he first saw it in black and white in the editing suite after they had knocked up a cheap "slash dupe" in B&W for the sountrack composer, and found he preferred it.
He asked WB to ADD a version in B& W to the original release, but there wasn't room on the disc.

So that is how we got here . . .

Basically NO!

There has been a lot of nonsense talked about how this is "How George Miller envisioned the film",.

The truth is rather less visionary . . . . . George Miller said himself, he first saw it in black and white in the editing suite after they had knocked up a cheap "slash dupe" in B&W for the sountrack composer, and found he preferred it.
He asked WB to ADD a version in B& W to the original release, but there wasn't room on the disc.

Lol I posted on Twitter yesterday that I'd saved myself some money by cancelling my Black & Chrome preorder and just watching the edition I have with the colour turned down! :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Basically NO!

Mad Mad Road Warrior is the reference in regards to cheap slash dupe in Black and White in the editing suite

This unboxing Video has at the end has the extra from the blu-ray where he discusses why he wanted it in Black and White

Watching the color version black and white is different from black and chrome.

You should note this is a comparison between bd rip and a web trailer
so pay more attention to the tone and contrast than picture quality

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland