Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: N/A
Purchase link: Weta - OOS
Price: $449
Note: Limited Edition of 500

148669050216bb19217ecb27809963a12685381dfc.jpg

The Major’s thermoptic suit was to be a centrepiece of Ghost in the Shelland represented a benchmark for Weta Workshop’s creativity and innovation.

Taking digital scans of actress Scarlett Johansson, the Workshop built an extraordinary physical effects suit unlike anything it had attempted before. Cast in a smooth, translucent silicone over a mesh fabric, it adhered to The Major like a second skin; a piece of technology, both practical and iconic.

The artists of Weta Workshop have recreated Major's stunning suit for you in this collectible polystone statue, of which only 500 will be made.

This extremely limited edition 1:4 scale statue is made from high-quality polystone and features a unique illuminating base: a first for Weta Workshop. Expertly designed and sculpted by Mauro Santini, and developed by the same Weta Workshop artists and technicians who work on our film projects.

This was high on my wants list. I'm not really a statue collector, but this is stunning. The GITS universe is one of my favourites. I am hopeful I will be able to pick up a 'used' one at a reasonable price before I die.:happy: